Guns are still America’s religion

U

User.45

I don't so much support it as I accept it, but I also think guns are more often used in situations that are far from their legal intended purpose and that's only going to get worse. At best you are defending yourself with a gun against somebody else with a gun. Imagine how much different the outcome would be if neither party had a gun.
I think 2A is obsolete. I want my shoulder (i.e. arm) launched weaponized drones, y'know to defend 'Murica from the Brits strictly. Armed Drones To The People!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think 2A is obsolete. I want my shoulder (i.e. arm) launched weaponized drones, y'know to defend 'Murica from the Brits strictly. Armed Drones To The People!

The only reason we haven't had full civilian armed drone battles is because the FAA has outlawed flying drones over like 90% of the country. We'd easily get rid of most guns if we convinced the public they could also be used to take pictures of your daughter sunbathing in the back yard.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Nah, we must have our 2A moments with regular ol' gear. Remember Detective Bunk Moreland in The Wire, acknowledging that he dispatched a mouse with his service pistol after his wife complained about seeing the creature in her closet.

"You killed a mouse with a .38?" his partner inquired.

(Answer: "Well yeah, after I got one of her dress shoes.")

This time of year I could almost get into the idea of a tiny drone roaming my kitchen looking for those bastard mice.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just set up my new shrine…

30CC9115-A40E-4F37-9DDB-03B6D06DB6C6.jpeg
GF3T Tactical (12guage)​

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It was not the teen’s fault… :rolleyes: Seriously the parents should be charged for reckless gun ownership and go to jail with him.
Further details are coming to light. The parents are likely to be charged. The teachers and parents knew the kid was planning something… so why didn’t the parents make sure they knew where their newly-purchased semi-automatic handgun was?

Also, one victim died while trying to disarm the killer. According to the way they ruled on Rittenhouse, will that murder be called self defense by the shooter?

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Further details are coming to light. The parents are likely to be charged. The teachers and parents knew the kid was planning something… so why didn’t the parents make sure they knew where their newly-purchased semi-automatic handgun was?

Also, one victim died while trying to disarm the killer. According to the way they ruled on Rittenhouse, will that murder be called self defense by the shooter?
If we agree that bringing a weapon, pointing it at people is a provocation, then the people around you have a right to disarm you, especially after you have shot someone. Then you, gun owner are guilty.

This is the fundamental issue of carrying a firearm. There can’t be any assumption that how lethal force is wielded is justified by how I felt. Justification must be independently determined, and if you have a bunch of pro-gun people sitting on the jury, this is what we’ll get.

I fantasized about shooting shop lifters or looters, picked up my gun and traveled to another community to live out my vigilante phantasy, but then I felt threatened, I feared for my life, and I justifiably murdered two people who objected to me pointing my gun at them. I’m gun blessed, my gun gave me the power, enabling me to kill people who objected to my actions of threatening them, what’s wrong with that?

The foundation of the jury‘s innocent verdict was they were good with a white guy with a gun playing vigilante, while many of us would condemn this action. The people who were shot were not minorities, not looters and if they had guns, this would have been more complicated for the pro-gun jury because now they’d have to examine their prejudices about social unrest, not guns, because if both parties are armed they would be “gun equal”. Sadly in any instance like this involved mixed ethnicity, the people of color would likely find themselves on the short end of the jury judgement.

My problem with this jury’s verdict is that the benefit of doubt was handed to the man with gun. This is incredibly dangerous, what used to be a fist fight, is now a killing. Therefore if this is the type jury you can expect, then in any gun altercation, if you want equality of judgement, you’d better have your own gun, or plan on being screwed by gun nuts on the jury, unless you are a minority, then you are in trouble regardless. :oops:

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Just heard the parents (both) will be charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. Good.

But, because the perp was white and the parents are white, how much you want to bet the right will think the parents are victims? Lots of disturbing info released by the prosecutor too. The parents are psychos. But whenever a black teen commits a crime, you hear the right talk about parental responsibility. We'll see if they still feel that way. This was a disturbed kid with useless parents. No good news out of here.

Sounds like the school had plenty of warnings as well, and totally failed. This was a huge failure from top to bottom. We always talk about catching things early on, and looking for signs. Well, this kid pretty much was spelling everything out and look what happened. Things will get worse before they get better.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Just heard the parents (both) will be charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter. Good.

But, because the perp was white and the parents are white, how much you want to bet the right will think the parents are victims? Lots of disturbing info released by the prosecutor too. The parents are psychos. But whenever a black teen commits a crime, you hear the right talk about parental responsibility. We'll see if they still feel that way. This was a disturbed kid with useless parents. No good news out of here.

Sounds like the school had plenty of warnings as well, and totally failed. This was a huge failure from top to bottom. We always talk about catching things early on, and looking for signs. Well, this kid pretty much was spelling everything out and look what happened. Things will get worse before they get better.

I was thinking of all the times Black teen girls got body slammed by school police then suspended for any kind of acting up. This kid...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1466827397559373826/

With this kid though, perhaps charging the parents also will send a message of some sort that will be ignored by that crowd

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1466842749135634443/

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They just look like irresponsible gun owners.
They look like just the sort of ignorant rednecks the NRA and Republicans cater to, what's the worst that can happen when you give guns to people like this with no questions asked? SMFH

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I was thinking of all the times Black teen girls got body slammed by school police then suspended for any kind of acting up. This kid...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1466827397559373826/

With this kid though, perhaps charging the parents also will send a message of some sort that will be ignored by that crowd

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1466842749135634443/
How the heck did the school officials believe sending him back to class was a good idea? Did they ask if the parents had a gun? Did they ask if they knew where the gun was?

WTF?!?!?!? This is bordering on criminal negligence by the school officials involved in the decision.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
They look like just the sort of ignorant rednecks the NRA and Republicans cater to, what's the worst that can happen when you give guns to people like this with no questions asked? SMFH
The "father" is a class act. Didn't pay child support for his older children and wound up losing his job because of it. The "mother" is a real nutter. Posted a letter to Mango online where she stated that she was "sick of getting fucked in the ass and would rather be grabbed by the pussy." :mad:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2