Here comes Iran

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Seems like a separate escalation so I'm starting a new topic on it. Not to worry though, one more of these and I'll just combing them all into one called WW III.

US president was to spend weekend in Delaware but on Saturday returned to Washington to consult with national security team

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully they're able to get their retaliation without making things worse. I know that's the goal. They have to do something in response. But don't want that something to drag them into a war.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And so it begins, on CNN they’re saying Iran is trying to walk a tightrope with this attack and not start a full fledged war. It’s like Iran has no idea how they responded to Palestine.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Cruise missiles too, according to CNN (reporting Israeli media).

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And so it begins, on CNN they’re saying Iran is trying to walk a tightrope with this attack and not start a full fledged war. It’s like Iran has no idea how they responded to Palestine.
And that;s why Israel has to respond like that.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My guess it they will, with a full throated assist from America, seems like a bad move on Iran's part.

I sure hope so. We're already in the area with at least one carrier strike group.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s unclear at this point whether it’s drones plus cruise missiles, or if ballistic missiles have also been fired, as Iran is claiming. The U.S. has assets on land and sea that can intercept some of these, but some will probably get through, and Israel won’t knock all of them out of the air either. If Hezbollah and/or the Houthis get involved, this will escalate quickly.

Iran's response was expected after Israel’s attack on the building in Damascus, which apparently was not a true consulate.

The question is how Israel will retaliate.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
And will it lead to a larger middle east war which we will get dragged into.

I am more concerned about that than WWIII.
The scope of Iran’s attack is a bit of a surprise. But Iran just said that their response won’t escalate further. If that’s true, depending on how much damage Iran causes in Israel when its assets arrive, it remains to be seen whether Israel will respond directly.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It’s unclear at this point whether it’s drones plus cruise missiles, or if ballistic missiles have also been fired, as Iran is claiming. The U.S. has assets on land and sea that can intercept some of these, but some will probably get through, and Israel won’t knock all of them out of the air either. If Hezbollah and/or the Houthis get involved, this will escalate quickly.

Iran's response was expected after Israel’s attack on the building in Damascus, which apparently was not a true consulate.

The question is how Israel will retaliate.
Latest reports show it's over a hundred, both missiles and drones and it sounds like they're aiming for more than just military targets and civilians may get attacked as well. They're also saying Iran has a lot of proxies nearby in surrounding areas.

This isn't sounding good.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
ABC TV News is airing special coverage of the Iranian attack right now, with at least 150 missiles launched so far. They're saying the US is shooting down drones and missiles heading towards Israel.

They're also reporting Biden is meeting with military and other advisors in the White House situation room.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
ABC TV News is airing special coverage of the Iranian attack right now, with at least 150 missiles launched so far. They're saying the US is shooting down drones and missiles heading towards Israel.

They're also reporting Biden is meeting with military and other advisors in the White House situation room.

This will not end well for Iran.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I came across this NYT assessment of Iran's military. Thought I'd pass it on.

Top Bottom
1 2