Here comes Iran

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thinking about the above a bit more... Imo, Iran was very lucky they failed. If the attack was successful, with hundreds/thousands of Israeli casualties, the eventual response on Iran would likely have been devastating.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Netanyahu wants to start a regional war because he thinks it will keep him in power. Period. As long as he remains in power I wouldn't expect any day of peace whether that's months or years. Isreal will be in a state of war the entire time.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I’m not against protests, especially non-violent ones. Blocking a street is a form of non-violent protest.

That said, I’m also someone who likes to get to where I’m going, and if there’s a protest, I want maximum convincing effectiveness. In the same way I was in favor of mass BLM protests, I was not in favor of violence, looting or rioting. This is not that, but… I don’t know if they’re endearing anyone to their cause. I’d imagine some billboards or visible protests that don’t impede the public would be better.

I usually make fun of the people outside planned parenthood holding signs… but they’re visible, I see them, some people honk, some ignore them, some laugh.. but they’re getting message out and not harming anyone.

I don’t know, I’d imagine most people ignore these road blockers, except for the ones they’re pissing off, so I’m not sure they’re gaining any traction.

A lot of the BLM protests in my area had parades, and roads blocked - in advance, with police presence, friendly cops who were doing their job with no sign of prejudice or overzealous support, neutral peacekeepers. Organized chaos is much better than chaotic chaos.

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Netanyahu wants to start a regional war because he thinks it will keep him in power. Period. As long as he remains in power I wouldn't expect any day of peace whether that's months or years. Isreal will be in a state of war the entire time.
He want to keep pursuing military action, but not to the extent that it would cause significant death, injury, and/or destruction in Israel. That's why he's mulling over a "measured" response to Iran that will show his people that he's punishing them, but without causing escalation.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He want to keep pursuing military action, but not to the extent that it would cause significant death, injury, and/or destruction in Israel. That's why he's mulling over a "measured" response to Iran that will show his people that he's punishing them, but without causing escalation.

There’s no way his actions aren’t tied to his own political (and criminal) circumstances. Under that context, I don’t know how he can make rational decisions in the best interests of his country, its people, and the civilians in the regions he’s targeting.

Whatever you think of his actions or inactions, I don’t know how you couldn’t call them into question.

Top Bottom
1 2