How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Agree, Eric. I think the most telling is that from all the people in my extended family and friends and colleagues, the only 2 got COVID without engaging in risky behavior*, and both of them are nursing home residents. I literally have ZERO person I'm aware who got COVID in my work circle, even though some of them volunteered at COVID units. So yes...precautions really do work.

*One of my best friends from medschool went to a fucking wedding in the middle of an uptick of cases, then they coyly described how they've given infusions to their parents at home when they got it (not in the USA).
Agreed, we now know that these basic preventative measurers work but what can you do? Gotta wonder if walking around without pants on and pissing all over everyone would offend these people, may as well see where they draw the line.

U

User.45

Agreed, we now know that these basic preventative measurers work but what can you do? Gotta wonder if walking around without pants on and pissing all over everyone would offend these people, may as well see where they draw the line.
What I do with my 3-year-old is instead of explaining a complex concept of dirty, I just tell her that stuff are poopy. As most pathogens we worry about are feco-oral (pre-covid) this isn't entirely off. I was hoping for people to develop a similar sort of shame for not following COVID hygiene as people feel if they don't wash their hands after pooping, but honestly, I'm starting to think a lot of people actually don't wash their hands after pooping either. :/

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What I do with my 3-year-old is instead of explaining a complex concept of dirty, I just tell her that stuff are poopy. As most pathogens we worry about are feco-oral (pre-covid) this isn't entirely off. I was hoping for people to develop a similar sort of shame for not following COVID hygiene as people feel if they don't wash their hands after pooping, but honestly, I'm starting to think a lot of people actually don't wash their hands after pooping either. :/
I don't but I use a bidet (G)

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I have found it rather disturbing in a public restroom to observe just how many women do NOT wash their hands after using the facilities.... Now, of course, since the onset of the pandemic I haven't been in that many public restrooms for quite a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are still those who use the facilities and immediately go right back out the door, skipping the whole hygiene thing altogether. UGH!!! Shudder......

U

User.45

I have found it rather disturbing in a public restroom to observe just how many women do NOT wash their hands after using the facilities.... Now, of course, since the onset of the pandemic I haven't been in that many public restrooms for quite a while, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are still those who use the facilities and immediately go right back out the door, skipping the whole hygiene thing altogether. UGH!!! Shudder......
My wife and I always chuckle about female restrooms. People argue about which restroom trans people should use as ""some pervs will use it an excuse to creep in the women's restroom"", but based on the stuff my wife tells me, the boys' room sounds like a much more worthy territory to fight for:D

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The biggest reason to follow those hygiene procedures in a public restroom is because of the other people using those facilities.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
With Gregg Abbott and other goobernatorial idiots filling the last 24 hours with bad news, I thought these might lighten up the thread a bit.

4A9FAF6B-6B02-4562-985B-D947ECD3E35A.jpeg

006B09F1-5C37-49DC-A143-2A8AEDA65582.jpeg

61C823DA-9C56-4D41-8B28-A7A66EA8AF7D.jpeg

AEED7B39-5DD5-4686-9D85-9809E5A46F46.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Why don’t we just call this what it is: a Pro-Covid Rally.

About 100 demonstrators burned masks outside Idaho's Capitol in Boise on Saturday as a statement against pandemic restrictions, according to authorities and people who tweeted from the scene.
A point person for the rally, conservative activist Darr Moon, the husband of Republican state Rep. Dorothy Moon, said it was one of multiple Burn the Mask rallies across the state Saturday organized by several groups.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
We are trying to get my wife's elderly parents setup to get their vaccines from a different state and it's absolutely painful. They barely know how to use a computer and the rules for signing up, downloading and filling out forms are frankly ridiculous, the most vulnerable are the most technically challenged. They should simply have them show their ID, ask a couple of questions about how they're feeling and give them the shot.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So around here, there's been a lot of talk of "excess" vaccine, people scheduling but not showing. Our Publix (grocery/pharmacy) is now providing it, so around 6p tonight we popped down, asked if they had any, no, but check back again, then the pharm guy said, "Oh wait, are you a customer here? " Yes, we do our scripts there, so he checks the wife's info, and jots her phone down on a note, asks if we can get there quickly in the event they had any over the next week ("yes", we're about 2 miles north on a straight road with no lights ...)

So about 30 minutes ago, wife gets the call, "We have two doses, can you be here before we close?", "Yes, give us 5 minutes ...", we fly down and we both have now received our first dose (Moderna).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So around here, there's been a lot of talk of "excess" vaccine, people scheduling but not showing. Our Publix (grocery/pharmacy) is now providing it, so around 6p tonight we popped down, asked if they had any, no, but check back again, then the pharm guy said, "Oh wait, are you a customer here? " Yes, we do our scripts there, so he checks the wife's info, and jots her phone down on a note, asks if we can get there quickly in the event they had any over the next week ("yes", we're about 2 miles north on a straight road with no lights ...)

So about 30 minutes ago, wife gets the call, "We have two doses, can you be here before we close?", "Yes, give us 5 minutes ...", we fly down and we both have now received our first dose (Moderna).
Seems to be something they’re doing right in your area. My brother and sister-in-law also got their first doses yesterday by doing the same thing, and my nephew (in Tampa) was able to get his a few days ago by hanging out in line at Publix.

They finally announced that they’ll be opening up to people 55+ in 10 days, so I just have to hang in there for another week. At this point I’d like the J&J just to get it over with.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I feel a little loopy, but that could be waking up at 6am, an insane day (holy shit, _do_not_ask_, but we have a new waste-water pump ...), then zero productivity with code (which always scrambles my brain ...), talking to car dealer (ugh ...), and beer/beer/bourbon.

We're GTFOOH next week for a few days, I need a reset.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
My brother seems to be a bit mentally unbalanced:

I got my first Covid shot today at the Big Timber Civic Center.
_ Frankly I was terrified! The help helicopter was idling in the parking lot of the IGA across the street waiting to medivac casualties.
_ When I walked in, I was unceremoniously hustled to a table where two burly men held me firmly down as a big nurse with the largest syringe I've ever seen was chuckling evilly as she filled her syringe. The needle looked like a drinking straw.
_ Gazing across the floor of the civic center briefly because I could not bear to watch, I saw paramedics treating a woman who was having convulsions. Another man was getting a epinephrine shot, his arm swollen to triple its normal size. Another patient lay twitching feebly on the floor with someone standing over him yelling for a paramedic.
_ The place reeked of piss and shit from terrified people. As I returned my gaze to the to the nurse she asked which shoulder – I said left, and she plunged the huge needle in.
_ OH MY GOD! It was like liquid fire in my veins. Beads of sweat stood out on my forehead as I clamped my teeth shut and tried not to scream. I'm not ashamed to say I pissed myself. A red fog descended over my vision, and then everything went black.
_ It must have been just moments. The nurse was holding smelling salts under my nose and slapping my face to bring me out of it. "Can you walk?".
_ "I think so."
_ With help I staggered over to a chair to wait the required 15 minutes. I was one of the lucky ones. As I left I saw men zipping someone into a body bag, and heard the roar of the help helicopter hauling the lady who had gone into convulsions to Billings for further treatment, as another touched down to await the next casualty.
_ The scene was unimaginable. A veritable hellscape. I dread to think that I will have to go back for yet another shot. Could the disease possibly be any worse than the cure?

Top Bottom
1 2