How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a pre-existing condition so I've already gotten my first one from Pfizer out here in the valley. However, if you keep checking Walgreens.com and put in your area it will show availability, it's literally updated minute by minute. My buddy in Daly City also got an appointment because he takes care of his elderly father. Right now they're making it pretty easy so I would think more like mid April in your case.

Cool. I'm not in any huge rush, but I also don't want to be the last.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I have a pre-existing condition so I've already gotten my first one from Pfizer out here in the valley. However, if you keep checking Walgreens.com and put in your area it will show availability, it's literally updated minute by minute. My buddy in Daly City also got an appointment because he takes care of his elderly father. Right now they're making it pretty easy so I would think more like mid April in your case.
I got the Pfizer one too.

Is your skin turning green and are you developing webbing between your toes like me? 'Cause I'm kind of worried.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
BTW, how come I didn't know this before? I read just this week that if you go to Maps and type in "Covid vaccine", it'll show you all kinds of places it's available around you. Not hospitals and health departments (that I've seen so far), but a lot of pharmacies.

And when you select one, you get a little box under the location that says Make Appointment.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You won't be the last. All those Republicans who are still trying to prove a point will be last.

We're probably going to hear about people still dying from covid in the fall. I'm sure we can accurately determine what their party affiliation was. It's no wonder they are trying to pass so many voter suppression laws. They have to do something to counter all their voters they are actively killing off.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think we moved to a less restricted tier this week (Bay Area, CA). I don't know. I'm not a big goer-outer in my later years. Not really a huge lifestyle change throughout all of this. But I hit BevMo after work and it was fairly packed and when I saw a black guy in line in all black clothes with gold sequinned cowboy boots a voice in my head went "We're back, baby!" :)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m jazzed up about getting my second shot (Pfizer) next week.

It says something about the loopy way my brain works, but does anybody else, when they read the name Pfizer, also think of Price Pfister, the plumbing fixture manufacturer?

Their tag line (no longer used) was

Price Pfister
The pfabulous pfaucet with the pfunny name​

I always thought that was genius. Whoever came up with that one deserved a big bonus. 😂

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I’m jazzed up about getting my second shot (Pfizer) next week.

It says something about the loopy way my brain works, but does anybody else, when they read the name Pfizer, also think of Price Pfister, the plumbing fixture manufacturer?

Their tag line (no longer used) was

Price Pfister
The pfabulous pfaucet with the pfunny name​

I always thought that was genius. Whoever came up with that one deserved a big bonus. 😂
What day is it for you? Next Saturday for me and it's a wrap.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
To the degree that Trump downplayed the disease and failed to act (i.e., the "empty vaccine supply cabinet" he left Biden, his golfing and sulking as the virus spread), I think he is responsible for people's deaths. And so is Scott Atlas, idiot governors like DeSantis and others. And as I've said, in my mind this qualifies as a crime against humanity--at least in the case of top federal officials. It was their responsibility to do everything in their power to protect people, and they not only failed, in many cases they actively resisted doing anything helpful.

To a significant degree, perverse human nature is responsible as well. It's not a uniquely American thing. I don't know what it is in the human makeup that creates such selfish, reckless attitudes as refusing to mask up or get the vaccine, but it's a factor nonetheless.

At least our leadership is headed in the right direction now. For a look at what things could have been like had Trump been re-elected, just take a look at Brazil.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I think her saying this now is disingenuous and she probably shouldn't have gone there. However, not everyone is able to stand up to an imposing monster like Trump, I think she's meek in that way and probably avoids conflict by nature. On a personal level I sort of feel bad for her.
My feeling is she knows history will NOT look back fondly, so she's wise enough to try and get her version of history out there.

You know 45 doesn't believe he didn't do a thing & believes he's shielded.

Birx isn't & she is a doctor, so her part in all of this is even worse by her own oath.

U

User.45

To the degree that Trump downplayed the disease and failed to act (i.e., the "empty vaccine supply cabinet" he left Biden, his golfing and sulking as the virus spread), I think he is responsible for people's deaths. And so is Scott Atlas, idiot governors like DeSantis and others. And as I've said, in my mind this qualifies as a crime against humanity--at least in the case of top federal officials. It was their responsibility to do everything in their power to protect people, and they not only failed, in many cases they actively resisted doing anything helpful.

To a significant degree, perverse human nature is responsible as well. It's not a uniquely American thing. I don't know what it is in the human makeup that creates such selfish, reckless attitudes as refusing to mask up or get the vaccine, but it's a factor nonetheless.

At least our leadership is headed in the right direction now. For a look at what things could have been like had Trump been re-elected, just take a look at Brazil.
There's clear data to show how non-interventionism cost many lives. I emphasized this as an objective failure of leadership to my MR frenemy: a summer COVID peak. There was no excuse for that. NONE. It was a result of premature opening, which made the closure even more costly as at least waiting a week or two more could have addressed much of the pandemic for the summer and the whole thing should have been used to actually fix the testing infrastructure.

It may have been an intelligence failure too (and this time i'm not referring to Trumps cognition). To repeat myself, we had good enough data from medical journals by mid-to-late February 2020 to indicate the issue very serious. I suspect the admin had at least a 3-4 week edge over the journals (given the review/publication being slow).

It's easy to bash people like Birx or Fauci. I do think that Birx indeed tried to fit in with the agenda way too much. Fauci too, but as I claimed a million times, if you are an Institute director at the NIH, you know more about politics than many in the Congress. He knew exactly how far he could push things and he went as far as reasonably possible. He would have been removed if he pushed further IMHO.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Deborah Birx said that the first 100K deaths were likely unavoidable because the virus caught everybody off-guard. She admitted that most after that were unnecessary and avoidable. You know it’s absolutely true too because Trump felt the need to issue a statement calling her a liar.

He is a mass-murderer and should die in prison.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Deborah Birx said that the first 100K deaths were likely unavoidable because the virus caught everybody off-guard. She admitted that most after that were unnecessary and avoidable. You know it’s absolutely true too because Trump felt the need to issue a statement calling her a liar.

He is a mass-murderer and should die in prison.
We're currently undergoing a fourth wave, Trump didn't help but America is full of entitled people who are more than happy to sacrifice everyone else's life just so they can go to the bar and that's the core of the problem.

Top Bottom
1 2