How can there not be a COVID-19 thread?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Hahaha. My Norwegian buddies always told me Danish is how drunk Norwegians speak. A friend of mine works in Denmark and she told me, the best compliments she gets about her Danish is that she must be Norwegian. Scandinavian banter about Denmark never gets old:)

This clip (in English) suddenly feels extremely relevant. Scandinavian banter (Danish).

dukebound85

Power User
Reaction score
U

User.45

This clip (in English) suddenly feels extremely relevant. Scandinavian banter (Danish).

This is what I'm talking about. I find these things really cute. I consider nordic languages (except for Finnish of course) a form of english, this is why my norwegian friends speak perfect english. Dutch on the other hand sounds like an aphasic German trying to speak English. My brain mostly tells me I should comprehend, but then sends my syntax error messages.

Funny how this is seemingly on pace
I'd emphasize that even then we had enough data to be very concerned about transient immunity (which I voiced over and over again).
I'm gonna look up where Scott Atlas is now.

Update: of course. A book. That's what happened to Atlas. Reviews consistently coming from fringe websites... I usually stop reading when they try to tell me that Fauci is pro-lockdown but fail to mention how incredibly wrong Atlas has been on herd immunity.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User.45

1640269911094.png

My very very rudimentary review of COVID curves (from NYT because, convenience).

This reminds me of my MR frenemy. I hope he's OK, he told me about a year ago that COVID will disappear (""from the media"") after the election. Guy's been holding his breath for a while...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
View attachment 10521

My very very rudimentary review of COVID curves (from NYT because, convenience).

This reminds me of my MR frenemy. I hope he's OK, he told me about a year ago that COVID will disappear (""from the media"") after the election. Guy's been holding his breath for a while...
You've never seen a more clueless group of sheep. Even now, they're completely dismissing science over a political view and it's just baffling to anyone with a shred of common sense.

U

User.45

You've never seen a more clueless group of sheep. Even now, they're completely dismissing science over a political view and it's just baffling to anyone with a shred of common sense.
He's educated and AFAIR got vaccinated too. Yet he was parroting every single talking point.
One of the things these people do is recite Rand Paul's questions.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He's educated and AFAIR got vaccinated too. Yet he was parroting every single talking point.
One of the things these people do is recite Rand Paul's questions.
Rand Paul is like Paul Ryan or Ben Shapiro. Right-wing sheep see them as “smart” and then parrot everything they say in hopes that they will also sound smart.

U

User.45

Rand Paul is like Paul Ryan or Ben Shapiro. Right-wing sheep see them as “smart” and then parrot everything they say in hopes that they will also sound smart.
BS doesn't really hit my thresholds, but he usually talks about irrelevant stuff. He also ruined my favorite medical term (logorrhea = pressured speech).
RP isn't very deserving of more of my time, but I'll say, I do consider myself objectively more qualified than him on medical matters.
Except for ophthalmology, of course.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
This is interesting:
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1474024520721866789/

I don't ascribe any altruistic motivations here — he thinks this benefits him politically, which it may, and he takes all the credit. But it's amusing to see the MAGA anti-vaxxers' (they're not synonymous) heads spinning. Candace Owens tried to shift the blame for deaths this year to Biden, and Trump countered her.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is interesting:

I don't ascribe any altruistic motivations here — he thinks this benefits him politically, which it may, and he takes all the credit. But it's amusing to see the MAGA anti-vaxxers' (they're not synonymous) heads spinning. Candace Owens tried to shift the blame for deaths this year to Biden, and Trump countered her.
Donald, blink twice if Dr Fauci is making you say this at gunpoint!

Love,
Another true believer

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
This is interesting:

One of his lawyer friends may have also hypothesized how he could be facing a class action lawsuit at the end of this for all of the anti-vax nonsense. This could be damage control.

Top Bottom
1 2