If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

lizkat

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The three piano sonatas of Beethoven's Opus 31, performed by Alfred Brendel. There's a Decca compilation of Brendel's performances of Beethoven's sonatas and concertos for piano that I've been sampling lately.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have a CD of theirs with about 50 little dance tracks, would that be one of them? I got it after watching one of the Elizabeth movies that Cate Blanchett had acted in, the music for things like the volte and gailliarde were wonderful.

That may be the CD I have; it is quite lovely.

It is called Renaissance Dance Music and is by Ulsamer Collegium, and, since you have reminded me of it - I have quite a lot of Renaissance music - I am listening to it, now, as I write.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
No More Heroes, Golden Brown, Walk On By, Waltzinblack, Strange Little Girl, and La Folie, (among others) by The Stranglers.

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Madness:

One Step Beyond, Night Boat To Cairo, My Girl, Baggy Trousers, Embarrassment, Grey Day, Shut Up, Our House, House of Fun, It Must Be Love, The Sun And The Rain, Driving In My Car, and Tomorrow's Just Another Day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom