If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Calexico's Para track (from their 2012 album Algiers), upscored but downpaced.... and live with the Radio Symphonie Orchester Vienna, no less.

And for those preferring the original...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Bach's Goldberg Variations, not having listened to them for quite awhile. Currently a performance by Zhu Xiao-Mei. Her backstory is fascinating, as she was born in 1949, was performing in Beijing by age 8 but then had her musical education interrupted by Mao's Cultural Revolution, ending up serving in one of the notorious Maoist "re-education" labor camps for five years. She came to the world's attention after Isaac Stern had visited China in 1979, ended up studying in the USA, then settled in Paris, where she teaches. She did finally return for some performances in China in 2014, and has received high awards from that country as well as from France.

U

User.45

It's a very interesting rework of Oliver Nelson's stolen moments. The original is a lovely Jazz piece but this version turns it into a composition that turn a neo-noir movie into a masterpiece.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Music is a great healer. What a difference it can make to our mood/wellbeing. 🎧

Psy-Trance tonight btw, but it could be anything and I'd have felt great.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

One of my favorite concerts in the past several years, musically on point, and so much energy and super positive, happy vibes. Stayed downtown Orlando at the Aloft (had a sweet suite :D), which was a ton of fun, so much to do in that area, and a 10 minute walk over to the concert venue (Amway Center).

Top Bottom
1 2