If Music Be The Food Of Love, Play On: The Music Thread: What Are You Listening To?

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Chillhop is such a refreshing change from faster/harder electronic genres that I like. They bring these releases out on vinyl too.

This one is new:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Some 90s music to keep me company this thundery afternoon:

A few from George Michael (Freedom 90, Praying for Time), some songs from Seal (Kiss From A Rose, Crazy, Prayer For The Dying, Future Love Paradise, Fly Like An Eagle), and one or two from Prince (Money Don't Matter 2 Night).

U

User.45

Chillhop is such a refreshing change from faster/harder electronic genres that I like. They bring these releases out on vinyl too.

This one is new:

What's your experience with bass heavy music on vinyl? I mostly have jazz and classical music which is fantastic on Vinyl. I have some metal that just works much better in lossless with its dynamics.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

This one is new:

Kind reminds me of some laid-back tracks in the Ananda Project's Night Blossom album (2008 or so?) Here one of the remixes of the track called Bahia.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
What's your experience with bass heavy music on vinyl? I mostly have jazz and classical music which is fantastic on Vinyl. I have some metal that just works much better in lossless with its dynamics.
I don’t have a vinyl player but as far as I know the chillhop records play well. I used to know a DJ and his collection of drum and bass etc played very well on Technic 1210s.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Kind reminds me of some laid-back tracks in the Ananda Project's Night Blossom album (2008 or so?) Here one of the remixes of the track called Bahia.
A little similar. Electronic music has turned into so many genres in the last ten plus years. Hard to keep track of what new stuff I might like!

U

User.45

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1400951622503702536/

One of my 5 favorite movies of all time, and always loved this song in it.

I rewatched it last year. What's impressive about the movie is how well it aged. It looked pretty cool in 2010 when I saw it, and it was pretty cool in 2019.

This reminds me of the music I used to listen to while studying for exams. Good old rhodes piano with plentiful reverb and delay, 4/4 beat, and just nice vibes in general. My favorite compilation is from this era too:

lizkat

Reaction score
My mother always said that Elvis put her off the dance floor, so while she liked The Beatles, she had small regard for Elvis.

It's interesting to me that even though Elvis remains renowned for rock tunes, a lot of his all time top hits were more in the category of love songs, a few of them not even his own but covers of songs from back in the 20s like "Love Me Tender". Chalk that up to pre-teen girls in the mid to late 50s I guess.

lizkat

Reaction score
Something I didn't even know Philip Glass had scored, soundtrack of the documentary interview of Robert McNamara, The Fog of War. Now I need to go back and watch that thing, probably starting from the beginning. Was just not in the mood when I had first bought it. Maybe if I'd stuck with it a little longer then at least some of the music might have kept my attention.

I do remember thinking it was remarkable how focused the guy was at his age -- think he was in his 80s already-- on organizing his (belated) lessons-learned into observations that the world could make use of, but sadly doesn't seem to have made the most of yet.

Philip Glass The Fog of War - soundtrack album art.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2