Indictment

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
And what neither of us, or anyone else on here, knows is how much of Cohen's sentence was attributable to the tax evasion vs election law violations. It is possible that without the tax evasion, he might not have ever gone to jail.

And I am not trying to lump them together. Just the opposite in fact.

Perhaps that's in the judge's sentencing ruling?

In any case, I suspect sentences could be different for the fixer (Cohen) vs the one given to the person who engaged the fixer on his behalf (trump).

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Perhaps that's in the judge's sentencing ruling?

In any case, I suspect sentences could be different for the fixer (Cohen) vs the one given to the person who engaged the fixer on his behalf (trump).

Perhaps.

And sentences can be different when one of the charges is tax evasion.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
If history is anything to go off of, Trump will rack up a few more state and federal charges before anything even gets to indictment and/or trial.

For anyone thinking he’s a victim, he’s been long under various investigations. Did he think his businesses would be less scrutinized if he ran for president, let alone won? And did he curb any of his dubious behavior? Nope. And to top it all off, he brags and lies all the time, so he looks like a hypocrite. Nobody knows more about races than him. He’s a great businessman, the best. He only hires the best people. Nobody knows the law like he does. Only guilty people settle. Only guilty people plead the fifth. Anyone under federal investigation is unfit to serve. On and on. Yet, it’s always different when it’s him, even though those were all his own words about the situation of others.

I can’t believe people keep feeding this man’s ego.
All of that pales in comparison to his windmill knowledge, brah. Wind itself is hard to comprehend tho.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
A couple of things I heard over the weekend. While these charges may be unique, it’s kind of Alvin Bragg’s jam - his expertise. So it would be like getting mad at Giuliani in the 80’s for going after the mafia instead of focusing entirely on low level street crime. Also there is some record of Trump saying they should try to time the payments for after the election when it would no longer matter. Clearly that shows him know how this could affect his election chances.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Manhattan DA sues Rep. Jordan over Trump indictment inquiry​

The GOP, what a Piece of Work…

NEW YORK — Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg filed a federal lawsuit against Rep. Jim Jordan on Tuesday, accusing the Republican of a “transparent campaign to intimidate and attack” him over his indictment of former President Donald Trump.

Bragg, a Democrat, is asking a judge to invalidate subpoenas that Jordan, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, has or plans to issue as part of an investigation of Bragg’s handling of the case, the first criminal prosecution of a former U.S. president.

The House Judiciary Committee recently issued a subpoena seeking testimony from a former prosecutor, Mark Pomerantz, who previously oversaw the Trump investigation and sparred with Bragg over the direction of the probe before leaving the office last year. The committee has also sought documents and testimony from Bragg and his office. Bragg has rejected those requests.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Manhattan DA sues Rep. Jordan over Trump indictment inquiry​

The GOP, what a Piece of Work…

NEW YORK — Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg filed a federal lawsuit against Rep. Jim Jordan on Tuesday, accusing the Republican of a “transparent campaign to intimidate and attack” him over his indictment of former President Donald Trump.

Bragg, a Democrat, is asking a judge to invalidate subpoenas that Jordan, the chair of the House Judiciary Committee, has or plans to issue as part of an investigation of Bragg’s handling of the case, the first criminal prosecution of a former U.S. president.

The House Judiciary Committee recently issued a subpoena seeking testimony from a former prosecutor, Mark Pomerantz, who previously oversaw the Trump investigation and sparred with Bragg over the direction of the probe before leaving the office last year. The committee has also sought documents and testimony from Bragg and his office. Bragg has rejected those requests.
Oughta just charge Jordan with obstruction.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
"Congress has no power to supervise state criminal prosecutions...Chairman Jordan claims he is seeking to conduct “oversight.” But he has no power under the Constitution to oversee state and local criminal matters"

Full filing here.
My impression was that Jordon was trying to push the idea New York State had received Federal Money for this investigation. This is what professional liars do, :unsure:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Maybe amusing, maybe hard to watch

I honestly don't get the money thing. At this point, I'd think the only people giving him money are those with the wool still pulled over their eyes. Those who believe everything he says. They're the ones thinking he's playing 4D chess and laughing at those around him. So if they buy his lies, they should also believe he's a successful, mega-rich businessman. So why would he need their money? That's the part I really don't understand. Giving what little you have to a "billionaire". It just doesn't add up to me. Isn't he rich enough to pay for his own defense? Why would he need donations?

Granted, I don't think he's as rich as he wants people to believe. But I also don't think he could spell "4D chess". So I'm not really the target audience.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

One email read: “Hay George Soros asshole puppet If you want President Trump come and get me. Remember we are everywhere and we have guns.”

Others called Bragg, the first Black man ever elected top prosecutor of New York County, “black trash” and “Aids Infested.”

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

One email read: “Hay George Soros asshole puppet If you want President Trump come and get me. Remember we are everywhere and we have guns.”

Others called Bragg, the first Black man ever elected top prosecutor of New York County, “black trash” and “Aids Infested.”
typical trump supporters poorly bred and worse education.

Top Bottom
1 2