iPhone 15 pre-orders

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just got the 15 Pro Max 512 GB through Apple's site, set to arrive on Friday the 22nd. Store did not go online at 5:00 AM, took them nearly 20 minutes. I could've gotten it through ATT's site but they kept wanting me to make changes to my plan as well and didn't want them messing with that.

Last edited:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just got the 15 Pro Max 512 GB through Apple's site, set to arrive on Wed the 22nd. Store did not go online at 5:00 AM, took them nearly 20 minutes. I could've gotten it through ATT's site but they kept wanting me to make changes to my plan as well and didn't want them messing with that.
Congrats! Same phone here. Apple's website store came up before the mobile app at around 5:03 AM PT, but it wasn't obvious how to complete the order until I scrolled to the bottom of the page. I decided at the last minute to have the phone delivered to a nearby Apple Store one week from today. (I assume you meant Friday the 22nd.) Not as convenient as home delivery, but possibly more reliable. UPS is generally good around here, but FedEx often messes up. This will be my first max size since the 6 Plus, and that one was considerably smaller.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
The Apple Store app is still offline here in Switzerland, and the estimates in the online store already started slipping to three weeks. I managed to reserve a 15" Pro for pickup on Friday though, which is even better as I wanted to have a look at new cases in person anyway.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Congrats! Same phone here. Apple's website store came up before the mobile app at around 5:03 AM PT, but it wasn't obvious how to complete the order until I scrolled to the bottom of the page. I decided at the last minute to have the phone delivered to a nearby Apple Store one week from today. (I assume you meant Friday the 22nd.) Not as convenient as home delivery, but possibly more reliable. UPS is generally good around here, but FedEx often messes up. This will be my first max size since the 6 Plus, and that one was considerably smaller.
Congrats man! Right, I did mean Friday (now disappointed that it's not Wed! lol), fixed thanks. So you're hoping to ensure delivery date by getting it directly from the the Apple Store? I probably should've done that myself now that I think about it.

Yeah, once you go with the Max I would think it's hard to go back, for me it's more about having a readable screen with my older eyes.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Congrats man! Right, I did mean Friday (now disappointed that it's not Wed! lol), fixed thanks. So you're hoping to ensure delivery date by getting it directly from the the Apple Store? I probably should've done that myself now that I think about it.

Yeah, once you go with the Max I would think it's hard to go back, for me it's more about having a readable screen with my older eyes.
Yeah, I figured picking it up at the store might be more reliable, but who knows? It's just that I've had poor experience with FedEx rescheduling deliveries, sometimes more than once. I don't know how old you are — I'm in my 70s — I'm hoping the larger screen makes a difference.

Are you getting a case? If so, which one? I have a Spigen on my current iPhone and it's fine. I've always used screen protectors, but mine cracked last year and I never replaced it, so I may go without. I hate putting those things on — they're always slightly misaligned or have a bubble or two that won't press out. First world problems for sure. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah, I figured picking it up at the store might be more reliable, but who knows? It's just that I've had poor experience with FedEx rescheduling deliveries, sometimes more than once. I don't know how old you are — I'm in my 70s — I'm hoping the larger screen makes a difference.
I think I would struggle on a smaller screen now TBH.

Are you getting a case? If so, which one? I have a Spigen on my current iPhone and it's fine. I've always used screen protectors, but mine cracked last year and I never replaced it, so I may go without. I hate putting those things on — they're always slightly misaligned or have a bubble or two that won't press out. First world problems for sure. :)
This is what I ended up getting, was the first option and I just went with it. (this is probably what confused me about Wed).
Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 5.59.42 AM.png

My current case is silicon and has been peeling for the last several months and the screen protector has several cracks, I'm really ready for an upgrade lol.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What a Charlie Foxtrot. The store didn’t even open until 5:06, and then the trade-in service was down so you couldn’t complete an order. If you started over and skipped the trade-in, the carrier service was down. By the time it let me complete my order of the iPM in natural, delivery had slipped to October 4!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
What a Charlie Foxtrot. The store didn’t even open until 5:06, and then the trade-in service was down so you couldn’t complete an order. If you started over and skipped the trade-in, the carrier service was down. By the time it let me complete my order of the iPM in natural, delivery had slipped to October 4!
Wow that is crazy, sorry to hear that. I didn't think there would be such a demand for this I guess.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hey Eric... Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to your assessment. I've had my 14PM for a year now and am totally happy with it (other than its weight).

Still, and after watching Dan Barbera's hands-on initial review and commenting the weight reduction (from a 14PM) being very noticeable, I'm thinking about a 15PM. Though I'm a little skeptical about the weight reduction being that noticeable.

Curious... what model is your current iPhone?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Hey Eric... Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to your assessment. I've had my 14PM for a year now and am totally happy with it (other than its weight).

Still, and after watching Dan Barbera's hands-on initial review and commenting the weight reduction (from a 14PM) being very noticeable, I'm thinking about a 15PM. Though I'm a little skeptical about the weight reduction being that noticeable.

Curious... what model is your current iPhone?
IMO the camera is so similar in the 14 that I agree it's probably not worth the move, though they do say it has 1000 nits compared to 800 on the 14. I'm coming from the 13 PM and after looking at my buddy's 14 the screen clarity and brightness was like day and night, so much better on the newer model. Looking forward to this change as it seems significant enough to justify it.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
IMO the camera is so similar in the 14 that I agree it's probably not worth the move, though they do say it has 1000 nits compared to 800 on the 14. I'm coming from the 13 PM and after looking at my buddy's 14 the screen clarity and brightness was like day and night, so much better on the newer model. Looking forward to this change as it seems significant enough to justify it.
I agree with this, unless you want USB-C and some of the other improvements, such as the tetraprism camera. I'm upgrading from a 12 Pro, so I expect the differences will be significant.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
That sucks, though I've found the anticipation of delivery is sometimes as satisfying as the device itself. Still, I hope you get your phone sooner than October 4.

My order was straightforward (no trade-in or other complications), so it went smoothly once I got in. I'm paying with Apple Card Monthly Installments (I figured why not, since there's no real added cost), and that was set up when I pre-pre-ordered.

I'd like to think Apple can do better, but I'm not sure they can throw enough resources at the ordering process to improve the experience, especially if millions of people are ordering at the same time. I wonder how much of the problem is caused by Apple having to connect to the carriers' servers.

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
I'm paying with Apple Card Monthly Installments (I figured why not, since there's no real added cost), and that was set up when I pre-pre-ordered.
I’m holding off until I can handle the Pro Max in store (coming from a 12 Pro), but I was thinking of doing the same thing payment wise. Is there any reason not to vs. pay in full now? I couldn’t think of one, and I’ve been burned by in store zero apr offers (with crazy fine print) before. Apple Card payments have always been super smooth and reasonable for me.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I agree with this, unless you want USB-C and some of the other improvements, such as the tetraprism camera. I'm upgrading from a 12 Pro, so I expect the differences will be significant.
Agreed, it should be a huge difference.

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score

I’m upgrading from 11 😅

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My current case is silicon and has been peeling for the last several months and the screen protector has several cracks, I'm really ready for an upgrade lol.

Do you still need a screen protector? I have not used one on my last 2 phones (12 and 14) and even being on construction sites, neither had any scratches. The newer glass seems to be scratch proof.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m holding off until I can handle the Pro Max in store (coming from a 12 Pro), but I was thinking of doing the same thing payment wise. Is there any reason not to vs. pay in full now? I couldn’t think of one, and I’ve been burned by in store zero apr offers (with crazy fine print) before. Apple Card payments have always been super smooth and reasonable for me.
I should have been clearer: I've used monthly installment payments before for my iPhone 12 Pro, Mac Studio, and Apple Studio Display. It's super convenient. The only downside I know of is that it reduces the credit limit on your Apple Card account by the total amount financed, which could theoretically affect your credit score, I guess. That hasn't happened in my case, though. You can also pay it off early if you decide. I'll be happy to let you know how the 15 Pro Max compares to the 12 Pro when it comes.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Do you still need a screen protector? I have not used one on my last 2 phones (12 and 14) and even being on construction sites, neither had any scratches. The newer glass seems to be scratch proof.
Good question. I tend to think not unless you abuse your iPhone. But I just ordered a Spigen case (Core Armor, same that I have now, but with MagSafe). They have an ongoing promotion that includes a free screen protector, so I took advantage of that.

I like my current Spigen case. It actually replaced a Caudabe case that I gave up on because I found it too hard to press some of the iPhone buttons.

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
I should have been clearer: I've used monthly installment payments before for my iPhone 12 Pro, Mac Studio, and Apple Studio Display. It's super convenient. The only downside I know of is that it reduces the credit limit on your Apple Card account by the total amount financed, which could theoretically affect your credit score, I guess. That hasn't happened in my case, though. You can also pay it off early if you decide. I'll be happy to let you know how the 15 Pro Max compares to the 12 Pro when it comes.
Ah good, that’s pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Right, not really sure if the actual screen would've cracked had there been no protector on it. 🤷‍♂️ But I'll be taking it off when I send it back for the rebate, I'm guessing it's in perfect condition but won't really know until I take all that shit off lol.

Top Bottom
1 2