Mob storms Capitol

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Can't wait for when Republicans who acquitted Trump for the second time are asked to chime in on all the "I was there because my president told me to" defense testimony from these clowns. I wonder how many of them consider not being pardoned as being thrown under the bus. I guess we'll find out.

U

User.45

Can't wait for when Republicans who acquitted Trump for the second time are asked to chime in on all the "I was there because my president told me to" defense testimony from these clowns. I wonder how many of them consider not being pardoned as being thrown under the bus. I guess we'll find out.
Can Trump be forced to testify this time around? I would LOVE to hear a Trump testimony...

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
This woman is a bag of scandals waiting to fall open, and the GOP isn't smart enough to avoid being around when it happens.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1355386262044233730/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1355527835792896002/

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1355515465758429186/

The comparison to a decade of reimbursements is harder to interpret. 2020 rates appear to be 57.5 cents per mile for business use. Dividing this out from the reimbursement amount suggests 37192.14 miles. It should be an integer, but whatever.

Note that commuting to a normal office or whatever can't normally be written off, and If her vehicle was also available for general use, you would expect some mileage attributable to such use. It's fairly easy to verify such information too, given that her vehicle's information is recorded whenever it's serviced and insurers require it on an annual basis.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
779BDEBF-0027-4123-A3BB-5C67ED4BD2FE.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Read this morning that some of these tactical cafeteria patriots didn't even vote. I'm sure a clever prosecutor could paint that is premeditation. Not voting helps to contribute to your guy not winning, but that doesn't really matter if your plan is to take the government by force under the guise that the election was stolen. Feels to me like complaining a cashier didn't give you correct change before you even paid them.

Yoused

up
Reaction score

Yoused

up
Reaction score
It
the reimbursement amount suggests 37192.14 miles
It should be noted that Boebert lives in a geographically large district covering the western half of Colorado. If one were to drive from Pueblo to Trinidad to Alamosa to Durango to Telluride to Ouray to Montrose to Grand Junction to Dinosaur to Craig to Steamboat Springs to Silt, stopping at points in between/around, the single trip could easily work out to between two and three thousand miles. Now, it seems unlikely that she did travel to that extent, but it is not entirely beyond the pale. The fact that her predecessor claimed less than a quarter that much travel in a decade, though, smells pretty bad.

U

User.45

It should be noted that Boebert lives in a geographically large district covering the western half of Colorado. If one were to drive from Pueblo to Trinidad to Alamosa to Durango to Telluride to Ouray to Montrose to Grand Junction to Dinosaur to Craig to Steamboat Springs to Silt, stopping at points in between/around, the single trip could easily work out to between two and three thousand miles. Now, it seems unlikely that she did travel to that extent, but it is not entirely beyond the pale. The fact that her predecessor claimed less than a quarter that much travel in a decade, though, smells pretty bad.
I looked at it outta curiosity too. Her district is indeed large and if her home base is in the center, it takes a 300 just to visit the largest northern city then the largest southern city then return home. But considering this is from between April and Nov, she should have been at home and done this virtually. So even if the work ethic's there, such effort would be great for disseminating COVID.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
It

I get that. I wanted to quantify this in terms of approximate mileage rather than a comparison between reimbursements spanning several years, which would have been reimbursable at different rates.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

:ROFLMAO:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

:ROFLMAO:
Welcome to America’s favorite game show, So You Think You Can Out-Crazy Marjorie Taylor Greene?

E5867D79-E73D-4A96-B56D-9B4E8AD4F8F0.gif

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Well The Onion does do a pretty good job of taking it over the edge...

Wasn’t sure if I should point out that’s The Onion news satire site. I recently sent my mom their article on Amy Coney Barrett saying she wouldn’t let her Christian values interfere with the supreme court’s tradition of crushing the poor and my mom thought it was a real news article. She knows The Onion but I think a lot of people don’t know it’s still around coupled with the insanity of actual news stories these days.

Top Bottom
1 2