New product announcements

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
Now that the 13" M3 Air is out, Best Buy is really blowing out the 13" M2 Touch Bar MBP:

M2 13" MacBook Pro, 24GB, 1TB, Space Gray: $1,299 ($800 off) for My Best Buy Plus members

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now that the 13" M3 Air is out, Best Buy is really blowing out the 13" M2 Touch Bar MBP:

M2 13" MacBook Pro, 24GB, 1TB, Space Gray: $1,299 ($800 off) for My Best Buy Plus members

tempted to upgrade my daughter’s m1 MBA at that price…

thenewperson

Reaction score

That is definitely a steal, damn 😳

Andropov

Site Champ
Reaction score
Tech people believing they influenced the average costumer to care about the whether the base MacBook Air has one or two NAND chips (xkcd 2501):

average_familiarity_2x.png

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
On the horizon... 9to5Mac is claiming iOS18 will include a new hearing aid mode for AirPods Pro.

Should be excellent news for those in their youth who went to too many rock concerts, played in a band, or owned loud cars, and are now suffering the consequences.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
On the horizon... 9to5Mac is claiming iOS18 will include a new hearing aid mode for AirPods Pro.

Should be excellent news for those in their youth who went to too many rock concerts, played in a band, or owned loud cars, and are now suffering the consequences.
I just wish they would fit in my ears, No matter what i do, they fall out if i turn my head, open my mouth, or blink too hard. The only way they come even close to fitting is if I swap left and right and put them in the wrong ears,

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I’m still desperately waiting for the ipad announcements…

I am going to guess, that thing in June.

I just wish they would fit in my ears, No matter what i do, they fall out if i turn my head, open my mouth, or blink too hard. The only way they come even close to fitting is if I swap left and right and put them in the wrong ears,

You know, AirPods shaped something like hearing aids (over the top of the ear) might not be a bad idea.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am going to guess, that thing in June.

You know, AirPods shaped something like hearing aids (over the top of the ear) might not be a bad idea.
Many in-ear phones work fine for me. Just airpods don’t. I must have strange ear canals or something. As a result I wear airpods Max.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

That's a shame. I wonder if there might be an after-market set of silicone tips that would work better than the three different sizes Apple provides?

If what's being reported by 9to5Mac is true, I can see a well-designed hearing aid function in iOS18 selling lots of additional AirPods motivating iPhone owners to give them a try, possibly just for that function alone.

Just thinking out loud... I imagine the iOS app will be clever and really well done getting AirPods precisely tuned to one's hearing - possibly an automatically self-administered hearing test with a lot of flexibility in equalization.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's a shame. I wonder if there might be an after-market set of silicone tips that would work better than the three different sizes Apple provides?

I’ve tried numerous ones, include shape memory. None of them work right, and I can never get a “seal,” even if i can get them to sorta stay in.

jbailey

Power User
Reaction score
Mine only fall out if I’m chewing food. Not all at once but gradually. Annoying.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

I have that exact same problem. Now that I'm working from home, the need for headphones of some sort has fallen drastically. So mine just sit in a drawer. On those rare occasions I need headphones, I have a great set of over-the-ears headphones. I much prefer those anyway. They just feel nicer and make me feel more cut off from the world around me (I used them at work so I could block out the noise of the office and focus on my work). I love my Apple stuff, but I'll never get another pair of earbuds. Even if they did fit well, I don't like shoving things into my ears.

Top Bottom
1 2