One million Americans have already cast 2020 vote in ‘historic’ early voting surge

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I posted this elsewhere, because I expect this will be the next vein of misinformation mined over there, once some are given their talking points.

Also a reminder, since no October surprises seemed to have worked out as planned for a particular group, which means some late game desperate misinformation is inevitable...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1321802843590971392/

Why post this? Because a certain individual has an issue if results don't happen election night, which he may use to make a case for a certain 'new' Supreme Court to weigh in on.

In other words, stock up on liquor for Tuesday night, there will be angst for awhile after...

And don't let anyone tell you we need results by that night or it's rigged ( Again?! :rolleyes: ) or some ish.
An early call for Florida could put it all to bed but we know how it goes with them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
An early call will earn whining from certain parts about all those 'mail in ballots'...

There's no winning with this crowd, unless they get their way
Yeah they'll whine no matter what and even if the networks call it we'll still need to wait for official counts anyway, but they normally nail it (2000 notwithstanding). I'll personally be watching CNN, and John King doing his thing with the maps.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah they'll whine no matter what and even if the networks call it we'll still need to wait for official counts anyway, but they normally nail it (2000 notwithstanding). I'll personally be watching CNN, and John King doing his thing with the maps.
Nope. Steve Kornacki with the big board on MSNBC. He’s magic!

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
In Texas, it has been reported that more people have early voted this time around, than voted in the entire 2016 midterm.
Same in Hawaii (and Georgia?). And Amy Siskind reports that in many places that track voter's registered party, Dems outnumber Rep by a lot. In some places by 2-to-1. One of her followers said that in many cities that the number of Dems voting tops the total number of Rs & Is combined. That bodes well. I'll still be anxious until the race is called Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
What the bloody F- ?!!!

United States Postal Service officials are looking into a video shared by the Florida House Democratic Leader showing what he says are piles of unsorted mail sitting in a Miami-Dade post office, sparking concerns that valid ballots won't be counted.

House Democratic Leader Kionne McGhee tweeted Friday a video from a "concerned postal worker," his office said in a statement. The video shows mail sitting in numerous bins at the Princeton post office on Southwest 250th Street in Homestead. NBC 6 has not verified the validity of the video.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1322214250413215744/
McGhee said the person who sent him the video said mail-in ballots are within the bins and that the mail has been sitting in the post office for over a week.

“I am shocked, I am disappointed, and I am angry at what I saw in the video. It is unthinkable that these ballots have been sitting in boxes day after day, potentially denying people a voice in their democracy," McGhee said in a statement.

SOUTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) -
Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle has ordered an audit of all of the county’s postal distribution centers after cellphone video recorded at a post office in Southwest Miami-Dade showed dozens of mail-in ballots in bins and on the floor, prompting calls for action from both Democratic and Republican officials.

In a statement issued Friday night, Fernandez Rundle responded to the video that was taken inside the U.S. Post Office branch in the Princeton area, along the 13000 block of Southwest 250th Street.

It reads in part, “With time running out and essential local, state and federal election issues to be decided, news of a possible postal delay in Miami-Dade County is troubling.”
Florida House Democratic Leader Kionne McGhee posted the video to Twitter after receiving it from a concerned postal worker. The footage shows dozens of mail bins, some containing mail-in ballots, left sitting unattended in a mail room.

“This is still a debacle, no matter how you look at it,” he said.

“It’s a little disturbing to see ballots laying around unsecured, unguarded at a post office,” said Miami-Dade Republicans Chairman Nelson Diaz.

The bins appear to be part of a back log at the Princeton branch.

In his tweet, McGhee wrote the postal worker informed him the ballots have been “sitting for over a week.”

Friday evening, 7News cameras captured U.S. Postal Police inspectors at the Princeton branch.

Area residents said they’re all too familiar with mail delivery delays.

“People need their mail. They’re supposed to be reliable, especially with the election coming up,” said Brittany Ellis, a small business owner.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1322345951508549632/

Also, I didn't know what 864511320 means, but I do now.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I feel relief it’s almost over. I did what I could by voting, and may watch TV tomorrow night to see results... or maybe not.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
How are y’all feeling the night before the election?

Anxious. Talking to a couple in their 80s tomorrow about their experiences in the Civil Rights movement (both also former union leaders). They want to end the year with a Biden-Harris win, with the Senate in Democratic control. But they're resigned to whatever happens. I'm believe Joe will pull it out, just prepared for The Mango Turd to try to steal what he can.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Take a look at the OSCE/ODIHR site; by tomorrow afternoon - it would be about 3pm or 4pm (15.00 or 16.00) Washington time - the Limited Election Observation Mission in the US should publish their preliminary report on the election (Statement of Preliminary Findings) and will hold a press conference to publish and explain their findings, where they will also take questions; this will have a significant say - and influence - in how the international community will regard the election.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Take a look at the OSCE/ODIHR site; by tomorrow afternoon - it would be about 3pm or 4pm (15.00 or 16.00) Washington time - the Limited Election Observation Mission in the US should publish their preliminary report on the election (Statement of Preliminary Findings) and will hold a press conference to publish and explain their findings; this will have a significant say in how the international community will regard the election.

Thanks for reminding us of that.. Here's a link to the site

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding us of that.. Here's a link to the site

In a normal world, I would - quite possibly - have been a part of this team.

From experience, they will be receiving information throughout the night from across the country, - including their own observers - which they will seek to verify, confirm and update as they receive it; I have sat up all night on E-night compiling and writing and verifying some of the political content for the political section of such reports, often meeting an initial deadline of 7 a.m.

Top Bottom
1 2