Putin’s yacht

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you seek. In the Oyster boat, you are out on the water, whereas in a Scheherazade you are in a "high-class" villa that happens to be surrounded by water instead of land. Almost like the sailing part of it is an afterthought. A slightly different backdrop. The really wealthy do not seem interested in piddly details like that stuff out there or how to deal with it – they have people for that.

Yeah, that is certainly not the boat to buy if you actually want to sail.

I know Bezos also has a 250ft support vessel for his yachts- to carry the helicopter naturally, crew, second class guests, possibly cars, and at least a couple smaller boats and allegedly a submersible. I believe the helipad is actually an elevator in order to stow the helicopter below in a hangar.

1651960285579.jpeg

His existing motor yacht looks like it has a helipad, but many of these yachts can’t support sailing with a helicopter on deck.

I can understand having a smaller boat to serve as a tender, but this trend of building a second yacht to carry everything you can’t fit in your mega yacht is just ridiculous.

My wedding last summer was at a hotel/resort/marina type thing. The photographers were taking pictures of us on the docks when the owner of a 112ft super yacht asked if we wanted to take pictures on his boat… probably a $15m+ boat new. We gladly accepted. Really nice elderly man… so I don’t want to paint all super/mega yacht owners as aholes. He basically kept the boat where it was in the summer, then took it down to FL in the winter. It didn’t sound like it actually did that much sailing otherwise. As most yachts like that it didn’t look like it was designed to cross oceans. The cost of fuel for something like that is astronomical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2