Selling prints at a street fair

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm getting ready to setup a booth at a local street fair, it's a pretty big event for the area where thousands of people attend annually. I saw a few photographers selling there last year and decided I would try it out.

What I've done is taken some of my more popular (liked and commented on) photos from IG and got high quality metal prints of them, since curation is key here this seemed like the way to determine what would sell best.

Pretty hefty upfront costs but it's a learning experience, more than just trying to sell art you get to meet people and discuss it, etc. so I'm looking forward to it.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to setup a booth at a local street fair, it's a pretty big event for the area where thousands of people attend annually. I saw a few photographers selling there last year and decided I would try it out.

What I've done is taken some of my more popular (liked and commented on) photos from IG and got high quality metal prints of them, since curation is key here this seemed like the way to determine what would sell best.

Pretty hefty upfront costs but it's a learning experience, more than just trying to sell art you get to meet people and discuss it, etc. so I'm looking forward to it.
What’s the event?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Testing out my display, will have two walls like this and a smaller one just outside the tent. It's hard to beat metal prints, to the naked eye it looks like it's popping off a computer screen.

IMG_1857.JPG

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That looks terrific!

Speaking of metal prints... For the last couple of months I've been printing on Epson Metallic Lustre paper (from B&H in various sizes). It's not as nice as a real metal print, but I'm loving the pop it gives both color and B&W prints.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That looks terrific!

Speaking of metal prints... For the last couple of months I've been printing on Epson Metallic Lustre paper (from B&H in various sizes). It's not as nice as a real metal print, but I'm loving the pop it gives both color and B&W prints.
Really? I'll have to look into that.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Really? I'll have to look into that.

There are two versions of Epson's metallic papers, luster and glossy. I think the glossy has more pop. But the luster sometimes looks better when you just want a little sheen.

The nice thing about a real metal print is you don't have to futz around with framing. And of course being a metal print it's the real deal.

Attachments

• Epson metallic papers.jpg
    Epson metallic papers.jpg
    787.8 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom
1 2