Skiing Helliday in America

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
42 Students from Walsall UK, along with 4 adults accompanying them on a ski trip to the US are stranded in NYC after the New Hampshire hotel they were staying at shredded their passports.

Exactly how this came about is unclear, but if I were in another country, I would have my passport with me all the time. There must be some protocol that I am unaware of going on here.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
42 Students from Walsall UK, along with 4 adults accompanying them on a ski trip to the US are stranded in NYC after the New Hampshire hotel they were staying at shredded their passports.

Exactly how this came about is unclear, but if I were in another country, I would have my passport with me all the time. There must be some protocol that I am unaware of going on here.
I've been in other countries where I was required to give up my passport temporarily. Also, you might be involved in an activity where keeping your passport with you at all times isn't that easy (swimming, for example). I know there are waterproof pouches you can wear, but is that safer than leaving your passport in a locked safe at a hotel or some other location?

In addition to my passport, I always carry my passport card, which is much easier to keep with me. It won't let me cross borders, but it makes it easier to replace a lost passport. Similarly, I have scans of my passport in 1Password, so I can access them on my phone or laptop.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Similarly, I have scans of my passport in 1Password, so I can access them on my phone or laptop.

When my wife was a travel agent, anyone she sent out of the country, she made copies of their Passports and gave one to them and kept one in the safe. And one couple sure enough lost not only their Passports, but had the copies in the same bag. :eek:

But my wife was able to fax her copy to the Embassy which help them get new ones.

We now have digital copies of all our documents (Passports, DL's, Will's) that we can all access.

Top Bottom
1 2