JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Know what Texas has also?

Reporters. Journalists.

They aren't liked in Texas also, by politicians doing shit they don't want to explain clearly. For some reason.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419015215732101123/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1418989778033422338/
Get ready for an old forum tactic flashback
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1418990220129837059/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419006652561432581/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1419026094032887817/
🔥🔥🔥🔥
I clicked on Briscoe Cain’s Twitter feed… what a piece of work he is. With people like him in charge, I’m not surprised their power went out when a bit of snow fell... I’m surprised they have an electric grid at all.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
For anyone from the CRT still unsure about the fragility of those old White men in office so concerned about what Texas' school children are taught...

I present...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1417298474761134087/

We see you Texas.

We see you.

Does actually teaching that they're "morally wrong" really teach anything though? This is the racism equivalent to saying "drugs are bad". The KKK's hatred extends to some degree beyond Black people. They hate anyone who isn't White (using a much narrower definition than the census one) and Protestant. It might be better to expose some of the idiotic reasoning and show where it really falls apart (edit: ) before kids buy into it to the point where they're willing to rationalize everything to fit their world view. If kids recognize the idiocy for what it is early on, we might see less of a racists' renaissance next time a Republican takes the Oval Office.

Last edited:

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
I clicked on Briscoe Cain’s Twitter feed… what a piece of work he is. With people like him in charge, I’m not surprised their power went out when a bit of snow fell... I’m surprised they have an electric grid at all.

Thank you for posting the version of Twitter links which show whose account from which the links are originating. I don’t click on the stripped /i/web/status/ ones, because their URLs have no context at all.

U

User.191

How about Ohio?

It’s just Texas without the cattle.
‘Huh… We have Kentucky, Indiana and West Virginia bordering us. We got you beys beat!

Sad to think we were once a solid Union state that welcomed the slaves… Fucking GOP has cheated their way into controlling the entire place now.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Does actually teaching that they're "morally wrong" really teach anything though? This is the racism equivalent to saying "drugs are bad". The KKK's hatred extends to some degree beyond Black people. They hate anyone who isn't White (using a much narrower definition than the census one) and Protestant. It might be better to expose some of the idiotic reasoning and show where it really falls apart (edit:) before kids buy into it to the point where they're willing to rationalize everything to fit their world view. If kids recognize the idiocy for what it is early on, we might see less of a racists' renaissance next time a Republican takes the Oval Office.
You don't 'teach' anyone they are morally wrong. It's like trying to teach someone they are a hateful idiot. That only truly happens with self discovery.

The point is this thing, like other monuments to the confederates were fetish items put up decades AFTER what they supposedly commemorate. What you can teach though, is WHY this monument to a person is something so repulsive to a majority of the country. Why it's embraced by a small minority who envision such things, who only publicly talk about a fantasy version of that time that including ladies & gentlemen, and unpaid lifetime servants who were happy for some reason.

It isn't about the KKK, it's about these abominations placed from 50's, 60's & beyond as a symbol & a retcon of slavery & Jim Crow, that can only stand when you can limit what's known about their true history & intention. It's about WHY these monuments exist, why they were allowed to be put, why a small dwindling group wanted them put up. Most importantly why it was wrong to put them up in the first place. There's an awful lot people who don't know the story of the person that statue was erected for, if a current crop of pandering republicans had their way it's something that no one would learn unless by accident.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
212555396_10158293328038715_4258438014194500834_n.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Republican legislators in Texas these days are going out of their way to provide a model for any state hellbent on ignoring the US Constitution's stipulations as to ... just about everything. A piece in the Washington Post dissected what's in Texas SB 8, which is about regulation of abortion, but which goes farther than making law about that, also delving way into how that law can be enforced. It's a nightmarish agglomeration of any American's worst fears about a state not only shrugging over but actually blueprinting vigilante justice, and it's not just Democrats or women seeking access to abortion who should be concerned. This is a transferable blueprint and could just as easily pertain to any law now enforced by the state and subject to the courts.

Bolding is mine in the quotes below.

S.B. 8 is radically different. Every other state charged government officials with enforcing the penalties for their attempted abortion bans; courts ensured those bans never took effect by prohibiting the defendant officials from enforcing them. So the Texas legislature has taken a different tack: S.B. 8 authorizes “any person” other than the government to sue someone who provides an abortion after six weeks, helps someone obtain an abortion after six weeks or “intends” to do these things. (Abortion patients themselves cannot be sued.)

This means that any antiabortion activist, ex-boyfriend, disapproving neighbor or random stranger can sue. And, to incentivize a flood of lawsuits, S.B. 8 offers up a bounty of at least $10,000 per violation proven, payable by the abortion provider or assister to the person who sued them.

But S.B. 8’s malice does not stop there. Once abortion providers and supporters are dragged into state courts, S.B. 8 then changes the courthouse rules to make these lawsuits as costly and burdensome as possible. For instance, S.B. 8 allows suits to be brought in any of Texas’s 254 counties and bars the courts from transferring the case to a more appropriate location.

The law also allows abortion providers to be sued multiple times over a single abortion, while prohibiting them from defending on the ground that another court already found in their favor.

Abortion providers will be forced either to stop providing care after six weeks — when approximately 85 percent of Texas abortions occur today — or else risk ruinous penalties. Abortion patients will be isolated from loved ones, abortion funds, counselors, clergy and others to whom they would normally turn for advice and financial and logistical support, for fear that these allies might be sued as “aiders or abettors.” Countless Texans will suffer the pains and risks of forced pregnancy.

Naturally this is meant to clog up the courts...

Welp. Guess we stay tuned to see how US constitutional scholars figure to get this monster back in a box.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
Republican legislators in Texas these days are going out of their way to provide a model for any state hellbent on ignoring the US Constitution's stipulations as to ... just about everything. A piece in the Washington Post dissected what's in Texas SB 8, which is about regulation of abortion, but which goes farther than making law about that, also delving way into how that law can be enforced. It's a nightmarish agglomeration of any American's worst fears about a state not only shrugging over but actually blueprinting vigilante justice, and it's not just Democrats or women seeking access to abortion who should be concerned.

tl;dr: Red caps are the new brown shirts.

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
Encouragement of vigilante efforts does seem redolent of the era when the USSR's satellite state officials and agents of the KGB had installed block-by-block "minders" of conversations among ordinary citizens.

The history of minders in the Soviet Union borrow heavily from both the SA in 1920s and early 1930s Germany and also 1940–50s Red Scare America under the Hoover FBI.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Meanwhile let's not just let Texas skate on the immediate purpose of their SB 8 law... where are the ancillary laws to help shore up care for women raising the children bound to be one outcome of a practically total ban on abortion?

Keep in mind the evident tendency of the Republican Party all these years on that score.

how the GOP look after women and kids.jpg

B S Magnet

Site Champ
Reaction score
where are the ancillary laws to help shore up care for women raising the children bound to be one outcome of a practically total ban on abortion?

There have never been ancillary state laws in Texas to materially support women’s welfare, full-stop.

I say this as a former clinic defender for Houston’s PP clinics.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Keep people ignorant and stupid is what the school districts here are aiming for.

I had an acquaintance post about hating California and all the people moving to Texas. I asked her if she’s ever been to California because most of the people that post anti California stuff have never been. She said she’s never been lol. It’s part of the curriculum here to teach people to hate California. The funniest stuff is when someone posts how California is a shithole from their trailer park in the middle of nowhere Texas 🤣

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
THIS MF'er

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1420891330192961540/

Sit the F' down. Preferably in Cancun where you were just as useful.

Cruz is really fucking annoying. The entire rant is a waste of time and ignores that this stuff is not absolute. As I recall, clinical trials suggested that rates of infection among vaccinated individuals were roughly 95% lower than those among unvaccinated people within the same cohort. This isn't the same as it being over.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Now we are specifically targeting with some truly petty spiteful shit, demonstrating who the elites & who isn't now.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1421366619050233866/
When Tonya Galvan spent three months in a Houston jail this year, she said she felt hopeless.

"I'm thinking about my grandkids. Like, this is not where I'm supposed to be. I'm supposed to be out to be able to help with my family, my grandchildren," Galvan said.

When she was charged with assault in a family dispute and held on $15,000 bond, she couldn't afford to get out. When she learned about the nonprofit organization the Bail Project and they put up the money for her, Galvan was floored.

"They don't know me from Adam, but they're willing to put the faith in me enough to do this," Galvan said.

Now Texas lawmakers are considering a measure to limit charitable bail funds by restricting who they're allowed to help. That means, in the future, the Bail Project may not be able to help someone in Galvan's shoes. Or someone like Hervis Rogers, the Houston voter accused of voting illegally.

This month, at a hearing at the Texas Capitol, State Sen. Joan Huffman, a Houston Republican, said the goal of the legislation they're working on is to keep habitual and violent offenders in jail.

"This is not going to lead to mass incarceration," Huffman said. "Instead, it should keep those who need to be in jail, in jail, so that our citizens can go about their everyday activities on the streets of Texas."
But State Rep. Joe Moody, an El Paso Democrat, said the bill would likely keep others in jail, too, like Rogers. During the 2020 presidential primary, Rogers stayed in line past midnight, waiting to vote at Texas Southern University. He is now facing charges of voting illegally. Rogers was still on parole when he voted.

"Under this bill, because he has felony convictions in his past, a charitable bail organization couldn't help Mr. Rogers," Moody said. "He didn't commit a crime of violence here. He unknowingly voted.

State Attorney General Ken Paxton's office is prosecuting the voting case and held Rogers on $100,000 bond. Paxton himself is currently out on $35,000 bond while awaiting trial on securities fraud charges.

Rogers's attorney, Andre Segura with the ACLU of Texas, said Rogers didn't have the money to get out of jail.

"He still spent three nights in jail," Segura said, "but if it weren't for charitable funds, he could have spent a long time there."

Segura has asked Rogers not to give interviews yet because of the complexities in his case.
The Bail Project's CEO, Robin Steinberg, said when she heard about Rogers's case, they immediately stepped in.

"I would argue that any kind of cash bail would be outrageous in Mr. Rogers's situation," Steinberg said. "But the idea that somebody would set $100,000 bail was literally obscene."

In fact, Steinberg argued the measure at the state legislature is about punishment, not public safety.

"It's an example of how cash bail can criminalize poverty," Steinberg said.

Steinberg also pointed out the proposed limitations wouldn't apply to the for-profit bail bond industry. That means a low-income person charged with a violent offense couldn't go to a charitable organization to bail them out, but they could still go to a bail bondsman.

As for Tonya Galvan, the woman helped by the Bail Project, she's hoping others will get the same chance she got.

"These people give you the opportunity of knowing — hey, you do have another chance. But you also have to put in the work too," Galvan said.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Now we are specifically targeting with some truly petty spiteful shit, demonstrating who the elites & who isn't now.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1421366619050233866/
A state that got smacked down by a federal judge for their unfair bail practices is now doubling down on them. F Texas.

Top Bottom
1 2