Texting pics or files question

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I know I could have googled this, but I have no idea what it is called. I just know my ability to use it disappeared.

What I am talking about is when you have a picture and you want to text it to someone. You press the little box with the arrow at the top and it brings up a menu do send it via Messages, Email, Airdrop etc.

It also used to list frequent contacts you have sent to recently. In my case, this would be the wife and daughter. These options are now gone. So I have to press the messages icon and then start typing the contact.

Before a list on contacts came up as soon as I pressed the Box with the Arrow.

Any idea what this is called and how to get it back?

Thanks.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know I could have googled this, but I have no idea what it is called. I just know my ability to use it disappeared.

What I am talking about is when you have a picture and you want to text it to someone. You press the little box with the arrow at the top and it brings up a menu do send it via Messages, Email, Airdrop etc.

It also used to list frequent contacts you have sent to recently. In my case, this would be the wife and daughter. These options are now gone. So I have to press the messages icon and then start typing the contact.

Before a list on contacts came up as soon as I pressed the Box with the Arrow.

Any idea what this is called and how to get it back?

Thanks.
Try a reset? All my recents are still there.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
it used to be any frequents. somewhere before the last update I lost my own email frequent. try sending a few and maybe it will make them frequent.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I have been sending them. At least a couple a day to the wife and offspring.

Updated to 16.7 and still nothing.

And on a side note, why does Apple care if I am using SIRI? It constantly bugs me to set it up. NO!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Made it into an Apple Store today and showed the guy at the Genius Bar my issue.

Well it took several of them to figure out that somehow I managed to delete something that is not supposed to be able to be deleted. šŸ˜³

It is called the ā€œShare Screenā€ even though it has nothing to do with screen sharing.

So he tried updating me from 16.7 to 17.0.3, but that didnā€™t fix it. So my only other option is to wipe the phone and start over. Didnā€™t have the time to do that so I will give it a try when I know I have a solid backup.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
Go to Siri & Search-->Suggestions from Apple-->Show When Sharing. If this is switched off, then switch it on and see if it comes back.

Top Bottom
1 2