Trump adviser Eastman faces California disciplinary charges

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. It makes me wonder if Qanon got it wrong tump was under cover to take out crooked lawyers.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Conservative attorney John Eastman, a lead architect of some of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to remain in power after the 2020 election, was slapped Thursday with a series of disciplinary charges in California that could lead to his disbarment.

The State Bar of California’s chief trial counsel, George Cardona, said in a statement that the 11 charges stem from allegations that Eastman assisted Trump with a strategy — not supported by facts — to overturn the legitimate results of the 2020 election by obstructing the count of electoral votes of certain states.

The office intends to seek Eastman’s disbarment.

Eastman, the former dean of Chapman University law school in Southern California, was one of Trump’s lawyers during the election. He wrote a memo that argued former Vice President Mike Pence could keep Trump in power by overturning the results of the election during a joint session of Congress convened to count electoral votes. Critics have likened that to instructions for staging a coup.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. It makes me wonder if Qanon got it wrong tump was under cover to take out crooked lawyers.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Conservative attorney John Eastman, a lead architect of some of former President Donald Trump’s efforts to remain in power after the 2020 election, was slapped Thursday with a series of disciplinary charges in California that could lead to his disbarment.

The State Bar of California’s chief trial counsel, George Cardona, said in a statement that the 11 charges stem from allegations that Eastman assisted Trump with a strategy — not supported by facts — to overturn the legitimate results of the 2020 election by obstructing the count of electoral votes of certain states.

The office intends to seek Eastman’s disbarment.

Eastman, the former dean of Chapman University law school in Southern California, was one of Trump’s lawyers during the election. He wrote a memo that argued former Vice President Mike Pence could keep Trump in power by overturning the results of the election during a joint session of Congress convened to count electoral votes. Critics have likened that to instructions for staging a coup.
I'd much rather see him barred, as in prison.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Its becoming abundantly clear through Jack Smith's filings, testimony that has been released in the various cases... this was not "we want to find a legal way to 'win back' the election." That's the argument you believe if you're both naive AND stupid. It's a useless argument - the bank analogy is a good example (you can't rob a bank "legally" just because you think they owe you money).

No, based on what's released, this was just a good old-fashioned scheme to hold office "by any means necessary". FFS, Trump said "I win or its rigged" months before the election. Is anyone shocked he lost and then said it was rigged? He's not Nostradamus, he's a conman.

Eastman knew this. Let him go on the conservative cult podcast circuit and make some money for his defense - hopefully it won't matter and he can go to jail. I wouldn't offer him a plea deal unless its air tight and requires him to spill every bean he has on Trump on the witness stand in multiple cases.

Which shouldn't help him here or anywhere he practices law - he should lose that ability no matter what his legal circumstances are.

Top Bottom
1 2