Waiting for and/or enjoying my M1 Pro/Max MBP thread…

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Hm. It's actually "estimated" delivery. The only scans were from 11/1 in China, so delivery today seems optimistic.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hm. It's actually "estimated" delivery. The only scans were from 11/1 in China, so delivery today seems optimistic.

It's pretty typical that deliveries from apple don't update the tracking very often, particularly right after a product first starts shipping

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Yeah, but it just switched to "check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date"

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
It's been through Korea, and is now leaving Alaska, but not expected to deliver until Monday, Nov 8. 4 days in China seems excessive.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's been through Korea, and is now leaving Alaska, but not expected to deliver until Monday, Nov 8. 4 days in China seems excessive.

It’s a big country. A lot to see. Your machine wanted to take in the sights.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
It’s a big country. A lot to see. Your machine wanted to take in the sights.
Sorry, I should have been specific. It was 4 days in ZhengZhou, China. I think it found a good bar, and some local culinary treats. I hope it didn't pick up a mail order bride. I didn't pay for that upgrade.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been specific. It was 4 days in ZhengZhou, China. I think it found a good bar, and some local culinary treats. I hope it didn't pick up a mail order bride. I didn't pay for that upgrade.

Lots of other apple products with which it can mingle in ZhengZhou.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Lots of other apple products with which it can mingle in ZhengZhou.
It's now one major city away, roughly 100 miles, and says I'll get it today by 5. My wife believes it will be Monday because it has to reach our sorting center, and that now won't happen today. I think my best course of action is to hold my breath until it's in my hands.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
It's now one major city away, roughly 100 miles, and says I'll get it today by 5. My wife believes it will be Monday because it has to reach our sorting center, and that now won't happen today. I think my best course of action is to hold my breath until it's in my hands.
It’ll probably change to “Delivered” soon. 😜

Had that happen to me last year, I was waiting for a delivery when the status suddenly changed to “Delivered”. In the details it said something like “At the dock”. WTF, no such thing as a dock here, only apartments, no commercial spaces at all…

Hope holding your breath works out for you. I am a bit worried, your ”H” avatar is already turning blue!

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
It’ll probably change to “Delivered” soon. 😜

Had that happen to me last year, I was waiting for a delivery when the status suddenly changed to “Delivered”. In the details it said something like “At the dock”. WTF, no such thing as a dock here, only apartments, no commercial spaces at all…

Hope holding your breath works out for you. I am a bit worried, your ”H” avatar is already turning blue!
It arrived in town just before 8, but that's after they do sorting. At this point, I can arrange to pick it up on Monday, or let them deliver on Monday. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, apparently, I start getting woozy after holding my breath for less than a minute. I figure there are at least 8 full minutes between now and Monday 5pm. I had to give my plan up.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
It says "out for delivery" with an expected delivery time of 5 pm.

But, I just heard something about it having a "notch"!?!?@$*3
Maybe even not Intel chips?#(G*$()@$#*&5

D

Deleted member 215

Mine just arrived today!

First estimated delivery was Dec. 2-9, then it got updated to Nov. 17-24, then Nov. 10, then yesterday I get a text saying it's coming today. And it did!

Here's my MacRumors post about it:

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine just arrived today!

First estimated delivery was Dec. 2-9, then it got updated to Nov. 17-24, then Nov. 10, then yesterday I get a text saying it's coming today. And it did!

Here's my MacRumors post about it:

From Dec. 2 until today! Nice, though I’m jealous that you somehow skipped ahead of my Nov. 10-17 date (which is still Nov. 10-17)

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
You have had it in your hands for 30 hours. Come on, man, gush.
Well, the rumors are true: it _has_ a notch. It's roughly the same size as my 2011 13" MacBook Pro, but with a better screen, sound, and keyboard.

I have many usb-a peripherals, so I'm stealing my wife's hub for ease of use, and with the switch from DisplayPort to HDMI, I now have to order a different cable for my ancient external monitor.

It's fast, it's zippy. I charged it last night to 100%, watched an episode of BigMouth, and have been installing OS and application updates along with all the software I actually use, and I'm sitting at 74% remaining.

Top Bottom
1 2