We wouldn’t vote for this guy anyway, but…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Pesach has always been my least favorite holiday. A week of cleaning the house, getting rid of the chometz, and preparing for mediocre food for a week. Although, my mother used to make a pesadich honey cake that was out of this world, and my father made French toast from matza that my kids requested all year round.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Pesach has always been my least favorite holiday. A week of cleaning the house, getting rid of the chometz, and preparing for mediocre food for a week. Although, my mother used to make a pesadich honey cake that was out of this world, and my father made French toast from matza that my kids requested all year round.
I have mixed feelings. There are some foods that, though they are available year-round, are only eaten by us during Passover. These include egg matzoh, which are supposed to be consumed by the elderly or infirm — unfortunately, we qualify on the first criterion and increasingly on the second. :) I'm one of the few people I know who likes gefilte fish, particularly the sweet variety. Passover macaroons and jelly candies are also favorites. When I was growing up, my grandmother made an excellent Passover borsht that required fermentation while it was being prepared, but I haven't had it in 50 years or so.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
And now I start making the matzoh ball soup…

I’m married to a shiksa, but my wife and daughter love my matzoh ball soup, so I make it every Easter.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings. There are some foods that, though they are available year-round, are only eaten by us during Passover. These include egg matzoh, which are supposed to be consumed by the elderly or infirm — unfortunately, we qualify on the first criterion and increasingly on the second. :) I'm one of the few people I know who likes gefilte fish, particularly the sweet variety. Passover macaroons and jelly candies are also favorites. When I was growing up, my grandmother made an excellent Passover borsht that required fermentation while it was being prepared, but I haven't had it in 50 years or so.
I love gefilte fish! But I like the kind straight out of the jar. My first mother-in-law used to make it from scratch, and it was always dry and tasteless. My shagetz husband hates “gefilger” fish, but he’d never had horseradish before we met, so he gives it a pass for being the reason horseradish came into his life.

Oh borscht! I haven’t had a good borscht in years (and not the kind that comes in a jar). My grandmother and great-grandmother both came from Ukraine, and brought the recipe with them. Unfortunately, they never shared.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I love gefilte fish! But I like the kind straight out of the jar. My first mother-in-law used to make it from scratch, and it was always dry and tasteless. My shagetz husband hates “gefilger” fish, but he’d never had horseradish before we met, so he gives it a pass for being the reason horseradish came into his life.

Oh borscht! I haven’t had a good borscht in years (and not the kind that comes in a jar). My grandmother and great-grandmother both came from Ukraine, and brought the recipe with them. Unfortunately, they never shared.

I'm verklempt by this post!

Top Bottom
1 2