What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Bosch: Legacy (2022 Prime/Freevu)- Season 1. If you like the Bosch series about the LA detective, this is more of the excellent same. Annoying that I only had 1 season, 10 episodes to watch. ;) Seriously annoying that we ended up having to watch commercials with Freevu, I don’t know how this got on Prime, watched on Prime, but it says Freevu and there were commercials.

Bosch Legacy was outstanding and incredibly tight...like the original. Wish we limited it to one episode every other day. :(

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
And some of us wait until a season’s worth of episodes is released and then binge.
That’s what I prefer. Once a week the story seems to get lost in my brain at this point in my life. For 1 Hr episodes, we prefer watching 2 episodes at a time on sequential days, and if a story gets really cliff hangerish, we could watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row. :)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My sister talked me into giving BritBox a free trial, she recommended a detective series calle Grace. Only hit on one episode so far but it didn't put me to sleep even in this warm weather, so the writing and production seem OK. Not sure I'll keep the sub after the trial or maybe the trial and one month's worth of prowling around are over. Hard to justify it since I don't watch even Netflix enough to defend my sub to that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m 4 episodes into Umbrella Academy Season 3, and really enjoying this, a nice change of pace, the story focuses on The Grandfather Paradox, something associated with single time lines, that happened after Dallas. As you may know they returned to their present to find everything topsey turvey. 👍

I also like that they kept and fit in the actor who in real life transitioned to a different gender making it part of the story.

185B6B6D-ABA7-46E3-94D0-7DB655EE1E81.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
My sister talked me into giving BritBox a free trial, she recommended a detective series calle Grace. Only hit on one episode so far but it didn't put me to sleep even in this warm weather, so the writing and production seem OK. Not sure I'll keep the sub after the trial or maybe the trial and one month's worth of prowling around are over. Hard to justify it since I don't watch even Netflix enough to defend my sub to that.
Watch Gardener’s World… :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m 4 episodes into Umbrella Academy Season 3, and really enjoying this, a nice change of pace, the story focuses on The Grandfather Paradox, something associated with single time lines, that happened after Dallas. As you may know they returned to their present to find everything topsey turvey. 👍

I also like that they kept and fit in the actor who in real life transitioned to a different gender making it part of the story.

Just finished Umbrella Academy, Season 3, thumbs up, interesting ending to start next season with.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Bosch Legacy was outstanding and incredibly tight...like the original. Wish we limited it to one episode every other day. :(
My preference of consumption is 2 episodes per day. This 1 episode per week nonsense being revived by some streaming services is outdated, but the reason is obvious, maintain subscriptions.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Started Season 2 of "His Dark Materials". I've read the books, and saw the movie years ago. This adaptation has been pretty good so far.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought a lot of season 3 of Westworld was kick-ass. Season 4 is going well but I’m not caught up.

For the series as a whole, I think the frequent time jumps were not worth the narrative confusion it caused. There‘s artistic reasons to be confusing I guess, but doesn’t seem justified here.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Watch Gardener’s World… :)

Thanks.... I will take a look at it!

I've bailed on the Grace series after just 2 episodes, it's not for me. Found some movie on BritBox that was OK though, a film called Honour, based on a book by Caroline Goode about an actual so-called honor killing, for the successful resolution of which terrible murder case she eventually received a Queen's Police Medal. I might hold onto the sub for a month after the free trial, do some more poking around.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Westworld Season’s 1 and 2 were great and could of ended there. Season 3 made me sad, I’ll watch Season 4 and plan on dissapointment.
I found S3 the hardest to follow. It's easier to tell what's going on in S4 so far, though there are still unanswered questions and mysteries. There are also more references to the first two seasons, which I like. It looks like S5 will be the last. Viewership has been declining steadily since the show's debut, not surprising given the show premiered six years ago and the often-complex plot lines.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Viewership has been declining steadily since the show's debut, not surprising given the show premiered six years ago and the often-complex plot lines.
I remember watching the opening for season 1 and thinking it was one of the coolest opening credits I'd ever seen. Plus it had Sir Anthony Hopkins. It's never been the same since.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Better Call Saul: an entire Gene heist episode. OMG.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember watching the opening for season 1 and thinking it was one of the coolest opening credits I'd ever seen. Plus it had Sir Anthony Hopkins. It's never been the same since.
It’s a shame they didn’t clone him.

This season is beginning to make sense at least. Up until last week I was totally lost. I think Delores and I figured it out about the same time. 🤣

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Better Call Saul: an entire Gene heist episode. OMG.
I don't remember ever being on the edge of my seat as much as I was watching someone run around a store. And I'm craving a Cinnabon.

I've read complaints that last night's episode was a waste of time. I disagree. Gene/Saul/Jimmy had to take care of Jeff permanently, and this was a brilliant scheme worthy of the old days.

Top Bottom
1 2