What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Started watching Five Days At Memorial last night and stayed up way past my bedtime. This show is beyond INTENSE. Now eagerly awaiting E5.
I’m sorry, but I won’t watch that. Having lived through Katrina, I would be inclined to watch it if it were centered, say in Waveland, Mississippi, which was completely wiped out, with bodies too numerous to mention - and you never heard a word about it because the press concentrated on NOLA…which got zip from Katrina and only suffered when the levees broke. After the storm.

Sorry for the rant, but 17 years later I’m still bitter.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I’m sorry, but I won’t watch that. Having lived through Katrina, I would be inclined to watch it if it were centered, say in Waveland, Mississippi, which was completely wiped out, with bodies too numerous to mention - and you never heard a word about it because the press concentrated on NOLA…which got zip from Katrina and only suffered when the levees broke. After the storm.

Sorry for the rant, but 17 years later I’m still bitter.
Not taking it personally. Your explanation, from your viewpoint, makes it understandable. Hope you don't hold it against me if I complete the series.

ATV+, for me, has been hitting it out of the park this year. IMHO, a bargain for $5/month.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
She-hulk:Attorney At Law (2022- Disney+) 2 Episodes in light atmosphere, big thumbs up considering one Hulk Sized caveat, 22 minute episodes!?!? God, I hate that. I turned this on with low expectations, it‘s good, but everything is short changed. How I became She-hulk in 10 minutes. This is the nature of <30 minute episodes. I could find no images of Tatiana Maslany as She-hulk online. yes, there is comic book cannon.

2D180E4B-2B57-47B0-A2A9-C296FF61121A.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Browsing though Disney+, there sits The Orville and the new 3rd Season. I thought this was on Hulu? I’ll catch up on Season 3…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
She-hulk:Attorney At Law (2022- Disney+) 2 Episodes in light atmosphere, big thumbs up considering one Hulk Sized caveat, 22 minute episodes!?!? God, I hate that. I turned this on with low expectations, it‘s good, but everything is short changed. How I became She-hulk in 10 minutes. This is the nature of <30 minute episodes. I could find no images of Tatiana Maslany as She-hulk online. yes, there is comic book cannon.

Haven’t started this, but I adore Tatiana Masslany. She was fantastic in Orphan Black, if you haven’t seen that you need to watch.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I was thinking ... I can't avoid pics of Tatiana Maslany as She-hulk online ...

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Some new stuff for September :)

Sep 2nd
Jurassic World: Dominion (Peacock)
Elvis (HBOMax)

Sep 8th
Thor: Love and Thunder (Disney+)

Spe 10th
American Gigolo - Season 1 (Paramount+)

Sep 14th
The Handmaid's Tale - Season 5 (Hulu)

Sep 21st
Andor (Disney+)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Scrounging through watch lists trying to make sure any stuff I started to watch early in August that was tagged as "leaving soon" didn't get lost in the shuffle and will now wander off to some other platform... wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re-watching The Good Place on Netflix. I hope this goes down as one of the the great shows. It’s so lean and smart, with excellent performances. Kind of inverse-Seinfeld in that it’s so focused on being decent. Completely original; I love it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Re-watching The Good Place on Netflix. I hope this goes down as one of the the great shows. It’s so lean and smart, with excellent performances. Kind of inverse-Seinfeld in that it’s so focused on being decent. Completely original; I love it.

Oh I should give that a shot before I bail from that platform. It reminds me a bit of a lighter verson of that wonderful Katha Pollitt poem "Rapture" -- i.e., that the afterlife might not be exactly as "heavenly" as cracked up to be.

Great line from the poem - "The angels are kind, like waiters, but not very talkative..."​

I would assume that the TV series probably cuts any angels a little more slack in the dialogue department. :LOL:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
We may have a release date for Ted Lasso soon. Rumor is they are going to announce the premier of S3 (also rumored to be the last :() around the Emmy's to capitalize on the nomination buzz. The Emmy's air on 9/12.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Unlike most of you, I’m still watching Better Call Saul and just caught the excellent season 5 finale last night. Ooooo, Kim….Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim. Fuckin’ Kim.

I now turn to AMC‘s dreadful Apple TV app to finish the saga.

Top Bottom
1 2