What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what other issues did it cause? You don't have to answer if this is too personal a question. Like if it's a, you know, crotch issue or something.
Poor @Apple fanboy; I remember descriptions of his ulcers on MR.

But, the question did give rise to a chuckle.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head! Ulcers in my mouth and elsewhere. They have subsided a little now.
You poor thing.

Good luck with the recovery process.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
You pretty much hit the nail on the head! Ulcers in my mouth and elsewhere. They have subsided a little now.

Egh, that sucks. The most I had to contend with was my sore arm, which wasn't even all that bad. I was mostly whining for the attention.

Do you know which vaccine you were dosed with? I had the Moderna rev.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Currently in West Wales at my parents cottage enjoying the fact after 3 months we can finally travel out of our local area. Not allowed to travel into England yet and vice versa so my parents are a bit jealous they can’t join us lol. Nice to be by the sea again!!
9f1cbe3bd47418bf38fe4d3cab212d05.jpg

e9ca55167a6094d4bab2b24a25d170be.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
When chatting with Decent Brother this afternoon, he told me that he had phoned my 94 year old aunt - my father's sister, who is still sharp, acerbic and lucid - and, during their conversation, had asked her which - in her view, was worse to live through in terms of stress: The period of the second world war (rationing, war, stress, sudden and sometimes violent death, curtailed or limited travel, censorship), or now.

She replied that she finds "now", the time of this current pandemic, to be more stressful.

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Feeling bummed out. Found out that the local pub will be replaced by an Indian restaurant...

Sure, I like Indian food and have previously complained that there were no such options here. But losing the only decent place for food and drinks here? The Monkey's Paw I guess.

Chatted with Decent Brother for the best part of an hour.
“Decent Brother” sounds like a very good name for a band. 😎

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Feeling bummed out. Found out that the local pub will be replaced by an Indian restaurant...

Sure, I like Indian food and have previously complained that there were no such options here. But losing the only decent place for food and drinks here? The Monkey's Paw I guess.

“Decent Brother” sounds like a very good name for a band. [emoji41]
I had the exact same experience back in my home town. A pub we always met up in and I even played football for them has now been sold and reopened as an Indian restaurant. It’s in a village on the outskirts but luckily there is another pub nearby that was adopted by the locals, still sad though.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

I had the exact same experience back in my home town. A pub we always met up in and I even played football for them has now been sold and reopened as an Indian restaurant. It’s in a village on the outskirts but luckily there is another pub nearby that was adopted by the locals, still sad though.
While I love Indian food, and Indian restaurants, I hate to see lovely local pubs shut down.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Our local pub has closed. There is another one nearby, but I've never ventured in. I've only been 16 months.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Not at all. Just the first time in maybe 6-8 years to this degree.

Is it especially bad, this time?

This evening, one of my fellow students in my French recounted how she had been in Italy, where she received the vaccine, in the form of one shot (rather than two) which was deemed sufficient, as she already had contracted Covid while there, and was thought not to need a second shot.

Anyway, she said that the vaccine (or her reaction to it) was far worse than the bout of Covid she had suffered.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Ordered lots of stuff to improve my home office. Cancelled streaming package after hockey quarter final loss. Went through the menu of the pub-exterminating Indian place (website is up in advance, don’t think they expected anyone to find it). Still feeling bummed out.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Is it especially bad, this time?

This evening, one of my fellow students in my French recounted how she had been in Italy, where she received the vaccine, in the form of one shot (rather than two) which was deemed sufficient, as she already had contracted Covid while there, and was thought not to need a second shot.

Anyway, she said that the vaccine (or her reaction to it) was far worse than the bout of Covid she had suffered.
Much worse. Maybe the second or third worse bought I’ve ever had.

Top Bottom
1 2