What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We had to make the decision to put down the wife’s horse on Sunday and watch him take his final breath, after I had been trying desperately to get him to stand up. He was an old boy at around 39 and we knew this day was coming, but we always thought that he would keep going for another year, and then another year. I tried to be strong for the wife, since she has owned him for 33 years, but I cried like a baby.

Goodbye Aztec. I hope that you are galloping around in a better place.

Around 39?

That is an astonishing age for a horse (in fact, 33 is extraordinarily impressive) - I know a fair bit about horses, through my mother's work.

Anywa, that must have been heart-breaking for you both, but he sounds as though he enjoyed an amazing life with you.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Back to work today. Still not feeling great, but work needs doing. I have a stock take in Germany to organise tomorrow which is always a nightmare.
But my head would rather spend the day in bed.

Perhaps you can spend Friday in bed, or head off early one of the days, if you still feel under the weather.

Yes, it is indeed a high age, especially for an Anglo Arab. According to the wife he is 37, but he got stuck at 37 for a few years now, so we would need to double check the passport and I am sure that he is two years younger than me, which would make him 39. He was nearly blind and half deaf and had arthritis, but he had the best care and attention in his old days.

A terrific age, actually.

Sounds as though he had a wonderful life with you (and you with him).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday, I'm at my local Publix, buying my usual sandwich of the week, and I see that the pharmacy there is offering the vaccine. I walk up to them, ask them if I'm eligible, they say yes, and put my name on the waiting list. I was expecting to hear from them about a week later, if they ever bothered calling me at all. But nope. Not even a full 24 hours later, they call me up, and I go on my merry way.
That's almost the same story as my daughter, who got her first jab on Monday. She'd been going daily to the Publix within walking distance, but on Saturday she stopped into a different one and spoke to the pharmacist who told her they didn't have anything but took her name and number. She was shocked to get the call on Monday telling her she could come in any time, but couldn't get there fast enough.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
That's almost the same story as my daughter, who got her first jab on Monday. She'd been going daily to the Publix within walking distance, but on Saturday she stopped into a different one and spoke to the pharmacist who told her they didn't have anything but took her name and number. She was shocked to get the call on Monday telling her she could come in any time, but couldn't get there fast enough.

They gave me a limit on when I had to be there, calling me at 2, and telling me I had to be there by 4.

I also had to wait for half an hour after my jab after telling them that I did have an allergic reaction to the DPT vaccine when I was 1. Guess the pharmacist wanted to be extra careful with me due to that.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
T-storms here but those are gone and now it's just a lot of wind, so much and so sustained that I had to take down some usually well mannered wind chimes that got to clanging as if for a five-alarm fire.

On the to-do list for today, updating some iOS apps on assorted devices.

Belly-laugh du jour, upon reading the "what's new" section of an update for a Shakespeare app on my iPad:

"Along with reciting quotes, Siri will now insult you with Shakespearean style."

It's almost enough to make me want to fire up Siri on the device just to check that out!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thank you. Looking forward to being able to swallow pain free.

I can well imagine.

Hope that is possible very soon.

Mother loved fish and chips, and loved chicken wings and chips as well, so, these were treats she was given, well, roughly, around once a fortnight when I was home, and - I suspect - somewhat more frequently, when I wasn't around.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
At least it’s just your arm! Mine only hurts a bit (4 days later). But the other areas it caused issues with are a lot more painful!

Out of curiosity, what other issues did it cause? You don't have to answer if this is too personal a question. Like if it's a, you know, crotch issue or something.

Top Bottom
1 2