What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait. You're an expat? I thought you were Alabaman born and raised.
Heaven forfend! Although I've now lived in Alabackwards longer than anywhere else. I'm an AF brat who spent my early years outside of London. I've lived in a lot of places and visited almost all 50 states. Hawaii still eludes me, damnit.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The Mrs. and I attended a very nice Mother's Day breakfast at my daughter's house. This was the first time since all this horror began that we had pretty much the whole family together--all the local aunts and uncles, all the grandchildren, even my son and daughter-in-law drove in from a neighboring state. And a good time was had by all...

...except...

...it was cold and pouring rain when we arrived. While we were there it turned to snow, and when we left it was back to pouring rain again.

Snow on May 9 is not completely unknown to Ohio, but come on! It rained all week and now this. 🤬🤬🤬🤬ing stop already!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
...it was cold and pouring rain when we arrived. While we were there it turned to snow, and when we left it was back to pouring rain again.

Snow on May 9 is not completely unknown to Ohio, but come on! It rained all week and now this. 🤬🤬🤬🤬ing stop already!
You sure could use some of that “GLoBaL WaRMiNG” now!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
How you feeling? Not looking forward to my second.

A bit tired.

Debating a glass of wine, but will certainly have an early night.

I was warned to expect anything from headaches, to sore muscles, (relatively unusual), possible clots (also unusual), - very likely a sore spot where I received the vaccine (as happens when I receive vaccines such as the flu jab - your upper arm becomes very sore two days later, and, initially, you wonder why, when studying the bruises in the shower until your memory kicks in), but most probably fatigue - as in excessive tiredness (and, unfortunately, my French class beckons tomorrow...).

The doctor did say that it was equally possible that I would suffer no ill effects - the only vaccine that I have ever really reacted badly to was the rabies vaccine (the doctor agreed, for he had suffered the same response - that was how we started discussing our respective travels).

However, he did recommend that I take two paracetemol every six hours for 24 hours - either in advance of, or in response to, - a possible reaction.

The second jab is supposed to - scheduled to - take place in twelve weeks time, and I was advised to treat today's jab as though I hadn't been vaccinated for a further four weeks, - in order to give the immune system time to adapt and confer immunity.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
A bit tired.

Debating a glass of wine, but will certainly have an early night.

I was warned to expect anything from headaches, to sore muscles, (relatively unusual), possible clots (also unusual), - very likely a sore spot where I received the vaccine (as happens when I receive vaccines such as the flu jab - your upper arm becomes very sore two days later, and, initially, you wonder why, when studying the bruises in the shower until your memory kicks in), but most probably fatigue - as in excessive tiredness (and, unfortunately, my French class beckons tomorrow...).

The doctor did say that it was equally possible that I would suffer no ill effects - the only vaccine that I have ever really reacted badly to was the rabies vaccine (the doctor agreed, for he had suffered the same response - that was how we started discussing our respective travels).

However, he did recommend that I take two paracetemol every six hours for 24 hours - either in advance of, or in response to, - a possible reaction.

The second jab is supposed to - scheduled to - take place in twelve weeks time, and I was advised to treat today's jab as though I hadn't been vaccinated for a further four weeks, - in order to give the immune system time to adapt and confer immunity.
As well as my other rather unique symptoms my arm was sag for a few days. Nothing too bad, but I couldn’t sleep on it.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
As well as my other rather unique symptoms my arm was sag for a few days. Nothing too bad, but I couldn’t sleep on it.

He did say headaches (which I used to be prone to - I used to suffer from ghastly migraines) could be a possible side effect, but recommended paracetamol, taken proactively or as a consequence of an adverse response or reaction.

And he stressed that these side effects are unique to each person.

However, I suspect that the side effects that one may suffer from are what one might already be prone to - i.e. whatever form your own individual triggers take; for you, it is ulcers, for me, sinuses - and, until a decade ago, when I had my wisdom teeth removed - I used to suffer from agonisingly awful migraines, roughly once a year, usually triggered by some sort of stress.

For all of that, a very sore upper arm over the coming days will not be a source of surprise.

Last edited:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, then, I await a detailed description of the dish, how it is prepared and served (and enjoyed).

Serious yum.
Mudbugs was slammed so we decided to go elsewhere. Drove down to the river to a spot we used to frequent regularly. It has changed! It was order/pat at the window instead of table service, although they did bring the food to you. Limited menu. The crawfish boil was happening around back and unaffiliated with the restaurant. Cash only. We used up all our cash yesterday to pay the lawn guy. Huge disappointment. I had a blackened fish sandwich which was quite tasty, but not what I had my heart set on. I'll try again later in the week, maybe at lunch when it won't be so crowded.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Mudbugs was slammed so we decided to go elsewhere. Drove down to the river to a spot we used to frequent regularly. It has changed! It was order/pat at the window instead of table service, although they did bring the food to you. Limited menu. The crawfish boil was happening around back and unaffiliated with the restaurant. Cash only. We used up all our cash yesterday to pay the lawn guy. Huge disappointment. I had a blackened fish sandwich which was quite tasty, but not what I had my heart set on. I'll try again later in the week, maybe at lunch when it won't be so crowded.

Aw, serious commiserations.

I do sympathise; it is awful to have the taste of something that you have been longing for (and anticipated fiercely) denied in such circumstances.

Try later in the week; and yes, lunch time - as my brother keeps reminding e ("nothing wrong with a glass of wine at lunch," he advised cheerfully yesterday, when we were discussing what might be open to me once I had received the vaccine) - is a very good (and hopefully, uncrowded) time to treat yourself.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The Mrs. and I attended a very nice Mother's Day breakfast at my daughter's house.

Very nice. :)

We had a super fun Mom's Day here at the World HQ, my Daughter's Mom, aka, my wonderful wife, slept a little late (we're usually both early risers, though I get up extra early some days ...), I got up, made some killer coffee, did press >> staging >> clean >> back to press, so it maintained the perfect strength. Had some really nice fresh olives, a couple of cheeses, hummus, I had some nice, dry champagne for mimosas.

The little G got her this beautiful lava rock chakra bracelet (to match her own), for brunch, made homemade fried chicken and cinnamon French toast (kind of a play on chicken ~n~ waffles ...). Got some small bakery pound cake rounds and doing some fresh strawberries, vanilla and strawberry yogurt, whipped cream later.

Lots of good bevs and movies and marked the garage ceiling for the hoist install this coming week (also got our perm tag for the new Jeep yesterday, woot!)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
went on a 43 mile ride today I kept my heart rate higher then I ever have for 26 hour ride. plus I could not put that much effort into it.
IMG_2695.jpg
IMG_2689.jpg
IMG_2691.jpg
IMG_2692.jpg
IMG_2693.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm having silly fun with our new electric mower, it's just such a pleasure to use. The last couple of mows, I didn't use the bag, and had the mulcher insert installed, and that really dialed the sound back even more (with the bag , the rear is more or less open so that's up dBs a little ...) And I love being able to stop/start on a whim, without any yanking to get it running again, or that initial extra smoke at startup.
I’ve been using an electric chorded mower for several years now. Huge difference in price with a battery powered mower and my front yard is small enough I can get away with using a cord And not loosing my mind. ;)

Top Bottom
1 2