What are you doing today?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Was fully expecting to make a slightly whiny post about waiting all day for my UPS package to be delivered “By end of day” and suddenly getting the traditional retroactive edit of the tracking history with a failed delivery many hours earlier, or “Out for delivery” completely erased.

Did not go quite as expected. In more ways than one. The package actually got delivered some minutes before 8 PM!

Slightly larger than expected, though. I had ordered a new case for my trusty old iPhone 8 plus. This is the package. Random human-sized door for comparison:

05BBAFDC-B73E-4BD4-B47B-503AE13FF977.jpeg

Full contents:
6EF52945-21EE-49ED-8E45-DBB888FA321A.jpeg

Is nice!

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
Wanted to install another camera for the security system. Lacked some necessary parts.
Wanted to clean all my Delsey suitcases and wash my car. Was raining whole day.
So, was reading, watching a TV Show and surfing the net.
Last but not least joined Talked About.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Was fully expecting to make a slightly whiny post about waiting all day for my UPS package to be delivered “By end of day” and suddenly getting the traditional retroactive edit of the tracking history with a failed delivery many hours earlier, or “Out for delivery” completely erased.

Did not go quite as expected. In more ways than one. The package actually got delivered some minutes before 8 PM!

Slightly larger than expected, though. I had ordered a new case for my trusty old iPhone 8 plus. This is the package. Random human-sized door for comparison:

View attachment 5393

Full contents:
View attachment 5394

Is nice!
hey it keeps ity from getting lost. them small packages get stuck in the cushions and lost before delivery.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This morning I sat out on the deck, listened to the birds and drank my tea. Then I came in and made another cup of tea and went back to the deck to listen to the birds and drink my tea. I came in again and filled out all my [expletive deleted] IRB forms and wound up emailing the lady from the locals school district to clarify if they actually wanted IRB approval prior to their giving approval to use them to do the research. Ugh.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Decent Brother has received the (Covid) vaccine (Johnson & Johnson for him), I am delighted to report.

We chatted for the past hour.
Excellent news! Whew, what a relief, eh? So the J&J is the one-jab deal and therefore he's done and dusted! (Until it's time for a booster, of course.).

Any plans for Decent Brother to travel to the family home and spend some time with you now?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Excellent news! Whew, what a relief, eh? So the J&J is the one-jab deal and therefore he's done and dusted! (Until it's time for a booster, of course.).

Any plans for Decent Brother to travel to the family home and spend some time with you now?

Yes, a massive relief, I must admit.

And, yes, the one jab done and dusted deal for him (though not without side effects, - feeling wrecked, sore, experiencing the same shivers, and feeling frozen - all the symptoms that I had experienced, although in his case it was but for one night, and not two).

He said that he has even been cleared for international travel, but will not avail of this, until autumn at the (very) earliest, but, most likely not until next year.

Thus, AZ for me, Pfizer for Other Brother, and now J&J for Decent Brother (until, as you say, it is time for the booster, a topic we discussed).

Well, he just received the vaccine a few days ago, - he was told it will take at least two weeks before he can consider himself fully immune - so I think we will let things run for a few more weeks - for, I was advised to consider myself unvaccinated - and to behave accordingly - until four weeks had passed from the time I had received the first dose of the vaccine (three weeks as of this week-end and counting), and am very much looking forward to receiving the second dose, which won't be for a number of weeks yet.

Last edited:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Fully vaccinated with the second jab of Moderna means at least a two-week wait after that for complete immunity to set in. I'm not sure about the timing on the other vaccines. My first dose of Moderna was in January and all went well, but then there were some glitches so that I wasn't able to get my second dose as recommended, four weeks later, in February, but instead got it in early March at close to the six-weeks mark. The issue had something to do with the county health center at which I had received the first dose, as all of a sudden they weren't taking people for either the first or second dose (not sure what the issue was there) and the county had to scramble around to find an appropriate replacement facility to serve those of us who didn't want to travel across the entire county for that all-important second dose. Thankfully things worked out so that I was able to get my second dose at a different county health facility close to home after all, and within six weeks. It was only after two weeks had passed after that second jab did I consider myself fully vaccinated. That second jab really does it -- then you really feel free!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Fully vaccinated with the second jab of Moderna means at least a two-week wait after that for complete immunity to set in. I'm not sure about the timing on the other vaccines. My first dose of Moderna was in January and all went well, but then there were some glitches so that I wasn't able to get my second dose as recommended, four weeks later, in February, but instead got it in early March at close to the six-weeks mark. The issue had something to do with the county health center at which I had received the first dose, as all of a sudden they weren't taking people for either the first or second dose (not sure what the issue was there) and the county had to scramble around to find an appropriate replacement facility to serve those of us who didn't want to travel across the entire county for that all-important second dose. Thankfully things worked out so that I was able to get my second dose at a different county health facility close to home after all, and within six weeks. It was only after two weeks had passed after that second jab did I consider myself fully vaccinated. That second jab really does it -- then you really feel free!

Yes, Decent Brother was also told to expect at least a fortnight before he could consider himself completely immune.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
T finished 7th grade (math today, final class). Straight A, including AP science/ELA and high school algebra :love:

Ordered sammages from Pubs, filled up the SUP board, loaded up the Jeep, went down to the point (after the food pickup), wow, just glorious down there today, hit it ~1 hour before low tide, then stayed about 2 hours into the high rise, so much fun in the huge tidal pools, we just used it like a kayak without the main fin.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I’d call it “as immune as one gets from the vaccine” or something rater than ”completely immune”. But congrats to everyone and their loved ones on getting a vaccine!

By "completely immune" I think we both meant (at least, this was what I was advised, all of three weeks ago when I received my own first dose), was that it would take that long before we could expect to derive the (full) benefits of that particular vaccine.

In other words, while some of the benefits could expect to be immediately bestowed - it would take a few weeks (the precise number of weeks were/are dependent on the particular dose of the specific vaccine) - before we could expect to receive the full benefits of that dose.

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
By "completely immune" I think we both meant (at least, this was what I was advised, all of three weeks ago when I received my own first dose), was that it would take that long before we could expect to derive the (full) benefits of that particular vaccine.

In other words, while some of the benefits coud expect to be immediately bestowed - it would take a few weeks (the precise number of weeks were/are dependent on the particular dose of the specific vaccine) - before we could expect to receive the full benefits of that dose.
I absolutely believe we all meant the correct thing. Just felt dangerous having it phrased like that. Feel much better now with the more wordy explanation next to it for random lurkers to read too. 🥳

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I absolutely believe we all meant the correct thing. Just felt dangerous having it phrased like that. Feel much better now with the more wordy explanation next to it for random lurkers to read too. 🥳

Agreed.

It was a sloppy and careless verbal shorthand; but, it was the term that my brother and I had both used earlier this evening on the phone - both fully cogniscant of what it really meant (i.e. not "completely immune", rather, it was understood that it meant as much protection as that version of the vaccine that had been administered conferred, and that, too, was also a function of, or was further dependent on, which dose - first or second, and which vaccine (AZ, Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) - had been administered).

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

View attachment 5393

Full contents:
View attachment 5394

Is nice!

Hahahaha, that's amazing (just sent it to the wife) :D

Now imagine, if the phone case would've actually been that big ... :oops:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Hahahaha, that's amazing (just sent it to the wife) :D

Now imagine, if the phone case would've actually been that big ... :oops:
Happy to entertain! Hope the wife likes it too!

The phone case really being that big would probably have been even funnier. Different sort of funny, but amazing in its own right. It does however remind me about how concerned I was after having ordered the 8 plus, worried that the phone would be too big…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We are going to our first movie since the pandemic. My husband loves the cinema with the reclining seats and a great dinner menu. He loves going to the movies, and with that theater he no longer cares what’s playing. So we’re going to see Cruella.

Top Bottom
1 2