What are you doing today?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
You are posting in the appropriate MR threads, right?
Nope.

I'm evil & petty.

I'm just thumbing up any posts in the iPad or iMac section of people happy they got theirs.

0cf4eb1d5921c3ed0c9bf3c13653b016_w200.gif

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Nope.

I'm evil & petty.

I'm just thumbing up any posts in the iPad or iMac section of people happy they got theirs.

0cf4eb1d5921c3ed0c9bf3c13653b016_w200.gif
Evil and petty indeed. Just think about how the posters who haven’t gotten their iPad/iMac already must feel when they see a happy poster getting thumbed up…

“Your account has been temporarily suspended by the MacRumors moderator team for making reactions to posts that provoke other users and stir up anger, rather than contribute to the discussion.”

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Evil and petty indeed. Just think about how the posters who haven’t gotten their iPad/iMac already must feel when they see a happy poster getting thumbed up…

“Your account has been temporarily suspended by the MacRumors moderator team for making reactions to posts that provoke other users and stir up anger, rather than contribute to the discussion.”
I was honestly wondering if I can get flagged for excessive "likes"

"Your account has been designated for trolling. Liking posts NOT about anything controversial is in violation of your account."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I had to do a serious double take because this sounds like something they would do lol.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A fleeting, flying trip to the city (on a filthy day; taxis both ways, as I didn't fancy getting soaked, although the vaccine has served to ensure that I am somewhat more relaxed re the idea of taking public transport when it is not bucketing down with rain in an endless downpour).

Anyway, I visited the French bakery, where they had held bread for me today, as I had phoned yesterday, requesting that they do so - (croissants, a campagne baguette, and rye bread were all purchased).

Organic brown sugar and pumpernickel bread (thank you, @lizkat, for the timely reminder) found their way to my bag in a health store; pâté and - I almost cried to see it - Pont l'Évêque cheese - they also had Livarot, which I asked them to put aside - (I haven't laid eyes on either splendid cheese for months - both arrived on Wednesday, and are almost sold out already) cheese in the cheesemonger's, and cocktail sausages in a local butcher's.

Plus a visit to the library, to return two books, (Chernow on Grant, and Chernow on Hamilton - both excellent) and collect four that awaited me.

The librarian remarked (with evident pleasure) that my chuckle - she cheerfully described it as a "satisfied cackle" - as I took hold of the four reserved books prior to placing them (carefully) in my rucksack was a sound that she had already heard several times today from delighted library borrowers as they received books that had been held in reserve for them.

I daresay @Clix Pix will understand this professional (and personal) pleasure on the part of cheerful library staff (and everyone was both masked and perfectly polite) completely.

Last edited:
U

User.45

- Gave a lecture to nurses on my subfield today (they are absolutely amazing in this institution).
- Working on abstracts as I need to push my students and Monday is the deadline
- Have some clinic notes to finish but probably work on that post Monday
- Polishing 2 research protocols for some June grant submissions
- Meeting a resident who wants to join in on a research project

Could be a lot worse, but I need a vacation. I worked until 4AM today....

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
- Gave a lecture to nurses on my subfield today (they are absolutely amazing in this institution).
- Working on abstracts as I need to push my students and Monday is the deadline
- Have some clinic notes to finish but probably work on that post Monday
- Polishing 2 research protocols for some June grant submissions
- Meeting a resident who wants to join in on a research project

Could be a lot worse, but I need a vacation. I worked until 4AM today....
Wow that's a lot to pack in, hopefully you'll get some weekend time off. I know it really breaks me down working hours like that with no break, no amount of pay is worth losing my mental health over.

U

User.45

Wow that's a lot to pack in, hopefully you'll get some weekend time off. I know it really breaks me down working hours like that with no break, no amount of pay is worth losing my mental health over.
Brutal, but I'l take a good 2.5 mo vacation before I transiton to my faculty position.
*Will be working on grants from the beach (hopefully).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
New 12.9 iPad Pro, White Magic Keyboard, and Orange Smart cover arrive today...
My iPad is stuck in Louisville. I no longer even have an expected delivery date. But my new Siri remote should be here this afternoon between 1-3. Yippee. I have been without an iPad for 3 weeks now and I have never appreciated it more.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I guess we are going the suspense route with my stuff.

This just showed up via Fed Ex
51194932615_2742e314c5.jpg

The actual iPad Pro is coming via UPS and is somewhere in my vicinity, along with an orange Smart Keyboard.

Wondering if the Smart Keyboard will be next, followed by the last minute the iPP.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I guess we are going the suspense route with my stuff.

This just showed up via Fed Ex
51194932615_2742e314c5.jpg

The actual iPad Pro is coming via UPS and is somewhere in my vicinity, along with an orange Smart Keyboard.

Wondering if the Smart Keyboard will be next, followed by the last minute the iPP.

That's kind of like how voltron works. They attach the head last.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Went off-the-road today, with a couple of Pubs subs, while the little G was in her standardized testing. Just amazing down The Point, windy, water was rough but clear, sat on the tailgate, ate and relaxed.

Ran it in L4, all electric, it was magic, like creeping along on a different planet, quiet, slow ...

View attachment 5291

My brain still can't accept that this exists. An electric Wrangler with 4L. I'm fascinated by the range estimate from Jeep at 370 miles, too. My 1980 CJ-7 really couldn't get to 200 miles unless it was all downhill with the wind behind you.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I gotta hand it to the Lego company. They took a bunch of random bricks, which is what they mostly were when I was a kid, and turned the brand into a creative building powerhouse. (And a financial empire!) When my grandkids were smaller I’d help them with understanding the plans for much simpler kits. Now that they’re older and building 2,000 piece haunted houses and such, I wouldn’t dare to interfere. Every brick they figure out for themselves is a joy.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My brain still can't accept that this exists. An electric Wrangler with 4L. I'm fascinated by the range estimate from Jeep at 370 miles, too. My 1980 CJ-7 really couldn't get to 200 miles unless it was all downhill with the wind behind you.

It's neat and weird :D It's also tuned a bit different vs. other PHEVs, many (most?) have a pretty low spec ICE, and the EV system is designed to continuously augment for a high combined MPG.

The 4xe is like an ICE JLU Wrangler, with the available 2.0L I4 turbo DI engine, mated to the terrific Jeep (Dodge) 8-speed automatic, 270HP, 295 lb/ft TQ. Then it has two electric motors (one front, one rear) that add an additional +105HP and +175 lb/ft of TQ (375 / 470 total), the 8-speed is actually specific to the 4xe, but in terms of driver experience, it's more or less the same.

It has a 5 position transfer case: 2WD High Range, 4WD High Range Auto (with front-to-rear independent, computer/traction system controlled), 4WD Part Time High (this drives the front-rear together, but in the same gear ratio as standard High Auto), then 4WD Low range, and a Neutral to disengage the front and rear axles).

There's 3 basic PHEV modes:

Hybrid (mostly EV, ICE as needed)
Electric (again, mostly EV, with ICE less likely to kick in, unless you go WOT)
E-Save, fires up the ICE, doesn't use much battery (you can also toggle two "sub-modes" for this mode to actually charge the battery using the ICE)

The system in Hybrid prioritizes two things:

1) battery use
2) power availability

So unless you're running in E-save mode, it more or less uses the battery first, so if you're running around town 25-30 miles, no gas, unless you stand on it, and tap into the full system performance, it fires up the ICE on the fly as needed.

So with a 17.3 kWh battery, we've been getting about 30 miles, and that costs us about $1.73 for the charge. Then the ICE engine has a 17.2 gallon tank, now normally the 2.0L is rated at 22/24 MPG, but the 4xe, since it's like 500 lbs heavier, get a little worse pure ICE MPG, more like 20/21, but the first 30 or so are battery, so the blended rate is good, also, the electric system holds back power so it almost always has the additional HP available, even if you can't run on electric only mode.

It will also cut in the battery on the highway to sustain speeds, like to do a more traditional PHEV type mode, where the ICE needs a little assistance to maintain 75.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2