What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Pottering around, preparing chilli con carne.

This is a dish I spend a lot of time on, a relaxed sort of cooking, perfect for a rainy day.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
So, the update:

UPS projected that the iPP would show up between 1:45PM - 4:45PM. So making plans were pretty much shot, which is why I was home posting so much. The online tracker showed the truck literally on the other side of the main road I am next to for that whole time making other stops.

4:30PM rolled around, truck literally within a mile of me, the time changed from 7:15PM - 8:30PM. Mind you, the generic time you always get in notifications is that your package will arrive by 7:00PM. Also the other had plans for things they wanted to do, assuming the iPP would be here by 5:00PM, that I of course now weaseled out of. 🤙

7:30PM knocks on the door, I race from downstairs, for the UPS guy to tell me he's glad I answered because otherwise he was putting it back on the truck. 👀 Everyone else I read online, the driver just tossed their's & left, I got the security conscious driver. Which may explain why things got dragged out. Needless to say after a few hours of setting up...

51196280081_95959217c2.jpg

How the 🤬 the knobs on MR are already making judgements I have no clue.

The only things I can assess so far is that it is heavier.

After coming from a 2018 iPP with a MATTE screen protector, this thing is so friggin' bright it sears my eyeballs! 😵

It's the same thing as 2018 - 2020, and Apple didn't promise differently except spec bumps and screen.

Also the 'stormtrooper' vibe is awesome! It does feel like Apple embraced their retro side with this & iMacs, for a little more creative flair.

So today will be spent adding more content ( 1TB is a LOT ), and getting more of an idea how I feel about it.

Also probably calmly discussing what I think on MR.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So, the update:

UPS projected that the iPP would show up between 1:45PM - 4:45PM. So making plans were pretty much shot, which is why I was home posting so much. The online tracker showed the truck literally on the other side of the main road I am next to for that whole time making other stops.

4:30PM rolled around, truck literally within a mile of me, the time changed from 7:15PM - 8:30PM. Mind you, the generic time you always get in notifications is that your package will arrive by 7:00PM. Also the other had plans for things they wanted to do, assuming the iPP would be here by 5:00PM, that I of course now weaseled out of. 🤙

7:30PM knocks on the door, I race from downstairs, for the UPS guy to tell me he's glad I answered because otherwise he was putting it back on the truck. 👀 Everyone else I read online, the driver just tossed their's & left, I got the security conscious driver. Which may explain why things got dragged out. Needless to say after a few hours of setting up...

51194616107_8f2079efd2.jpg

How the 🤬 the knobs on MR are already making judgements I have no clue.

The only things I can assess so far is that it is heavier.

After coming from a 2018 iPP with a MATTE screen protector, this thing is so friggin' bright it sears my eyeballs! 😵

It's the same thing as 2018 - 2020, and Apple didn't promise differently except spec bumps and screen.

Also the 'stormtrooper' vibe is awesome! It does feel like Apple embraced their retro side with this & iMacs, for a little more creative flair.

So today will be spent adding more content ( 1TB is a LOT ), and getting more of an idea how I feel about it.

Also probably calmly discussing what I think on MR.
I am using the first iPad pro (13 inch) that came with the magnetic pencil. I really like it, and glad to see they are sticking with the same basic design.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Enjoyed being inside most of the day listening to rain and thunder outside.

Went grocery shopping once the sun bothered showing up, had big plans you see — homemade pizza, one of Pumbaa’s specialities, a recipe I’ve been tweaking since late 20th century.

It was a good plan. A tasty plan. But as they say, everybody has a plan until one of their fingers gets smashed by a door. Nothing broken, but making dough is not something I wanna do today anymore.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Two things. First of all, the nice UPS guy brought me my new iPad about an hour ago. Took no time at all to update the os and complete the restore from backup. I feel complete again.

I’ve gotten my husband interested in looking at a nice electric vehicle now. He’s ready to trade in both our cars so that we can have one nice EV and his truck (if it ever gets back from being repaired).

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We waited around for high tide and there was a 6" deep runout into a tidal pool - some people drive AROUND it, we drive THROUGH it :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Two things. First of all, the nice UPS guy brought me my new iPad about an hour ago. Took no time at all to update the os and complete the restore from backup. I feel complete again.

I’ve gotten my husband interested in looking at a nice electric vehicle now. He’s ready to trade in both our cars so that we can have one nice EV and his truck (if it ever gets back from being repaired).

I am all in. If an EV was performance compromise, it would be one thing, but FFS, the right model is faster (at least under 60) than anything I've owned.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Dinner (my homemade chilli - recipe in the dinner thread) - which has been in the oven for the past six hours - is almost ready.

The rice (which was soaking) has just been put into the rice cooker.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Dinner (my homemade chilli - recipe in the dinner thread) - which has been in the oven for the past six hours - is almost ready.

The rice (which was soaking) has just been put into the rice cooker.

Love chili, and how it's so flexible too: you can serve it straight up, over rice, on a baked potato, in/on tortillas/chips/taco salad. We make it quite a bit in the fall/winter.

Held my first photography MeetUp in San Francisco today, about 10 of us shooting at several predetermined locations. A lot of fun and was great to socialize with others as well, everyone was vaccinated so we all felt safe.

That sounds super cool, does your group setup a [public] photo share?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Love chili, and how it's so flexible too: you can serve it straight up, over rice, on a baked potato, in/on tortillas/chips/taco salad. We make it quite a bit in the fall/winter.

This was seriously tasty, not too hot, yet with sufficient heat to warm you through.

Moreover, I enjoyed the slow, relaxed preparation.

Weatherwise, it has been cold and wet and windy for much of the past week, and my chilli went down exceedingly well; and there will be seconds, possibly tomorrow or the following day.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Yes, hoping to see some of them upload

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I rode 30 miles this morning then wife and I went to REI for some cycling shoes for her some sees chocolate and some macarons fro ma fresh bakery. then use did 19 miles. the wife leg is getting stronger but it has a ways to go. we both were pretty worn out. saw bug ducks with baby ducks following them.
IMG_2743.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I rode 30 miles this morning then wife and I went to REI for some cycling shoes for her some sees chocolate and some macarons fro ma fresh bakery. then use did 19 miles. the wife leg is getting stronger but it has a ways to go. we both were pretty worn out. saw bug ducks with baby ducks following them.
View attachment 5340

It's like a cycling Children of the Corn ...

Top Bottom
1 2