What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
And what do you do that necessitates those hours? I recall something with photography, like stock photo/product photo/catalogs?
I work for a distributor. We sell colour management products across Europe. As a growing business I have a lot of areas of responsibility. We are a bit behind on recruitment. We also list one of our best employees to Covid.

D

Deleted member 199

To be honest I have the legs for it, but the torso is a mess!
Obligatory
hand-model.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
1623867323224.png

That scene is genius, and it was [partially] ad libbed ...

Derek Zoolander (Ben Stiller) wasn't supposed to ask this question a second time, but Stiller forgot the next line. He explained the entire story during an AMA on Reddit: "I literally was listening to what David Duchovny said . . . and I honestly forgot. I hadn't followed what he was saying. I said it again and got my lines wrong, and David (who's a very funny guy) improvised the 'Are you serious? I just explained that.'"

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Took the Mustang GT out for an errand for what was probably the last drive, left the top down though it was a little too hot :)

A last pic before it hits the road :love:

View attachment 6112

Love that color. I used to daydream about shipping out my old white iPod to Colorware to turn it that color before another round of winter arrived!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Love that color. I used to daydream about shipping out my old white iPod to Colorware to turn it that color before another round of winter arrived!

It's pretty fantastic, even the name is fun, Orange Fury, or like the Little G says, "Orange Furry" :D

We sort of tik-tok back and forth with gray-scale type colors and big bold colors, also factoring in, that some cars work better with some colors.

I kind of considered red for the new ride, it's a nice multi-coat, but since we just had a bright red car, and the Wrangler is red (well, kind of dark, cherry), it was a little too much of a red-o-rama. The TM3 only has 5 options:

Pearl White, also a super nice multi-coat (i.e., the clear coat has tinting, creating a pearl sheen).
Solid Black
Midnight Silver Metallic, it's a medium gray with a slight blue shift
Deep Metallic Blue, terrific blue, if you're into a blue car
Red Multi-Coat I mentioned above

Once I was over red, I knew I didn't want white or black, I love white, it's sort of the classic Tesla color, and it's even "free" (the others are $1K-2K upcharges), but there's a ton of white ones around here - black, I won't own (again, did it 4 times ...) The blue was interesting, it's a great blue shade, but the Performance model has big red brake calipers and with the blue, it starts looking like Superman :D. Plus, with either blue or red, I would've wanted to go with the black interior option, that has wood (ugh), and is, well, a black interior - and the
Tesla offers a beautiful white interior, that really makes the interior unique, and it's apparently super easy to clean, and has no issues with longer-ish term use (it's all synth/vegan, no animal produces in Teslas). The red with white looks like a star mint :D

Anyway, so I guess at this point, it's obvious I went with MSM (Midnight Silver Metallic), I think the exterior neutral colors bring a elegance and leave a lot of options for doing things like I plan, like red lugs to match the brakes, and with a white/black/silver (it's metallic gray ...), the white interior works just perfectly.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
... and away it went. So currently in single car mode till Sunday :D

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
Ending the day by installing games on xbox one. Takes soooooo long, miss the days where you could just pop in the disc and play straight away!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Both brothers phoned this evening; BJ was a topic (much mutual loathing), as was (is) the fact that they are both now fully vaccinated while I am still awaiting my second dose.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Aw....... I love the color of that gorgeous little car -- "Orange Fury" is a great name for it. Bet you'll miss her.

Well, yes, I always feel a touch sad when I sell/trade/return a car, not just because I often put a decent amount of time into detailing and my car, customizing, but the experiences we've had in it, or even just the life events during the ownership.

But heck, between the black and orange GT convertibles, I had more or less the same car for like 6 years, the black 2016 since late '15, and the orange since mid summer '19, and I drove the orange one for almost free for 2 years, the trade was just shy of what I paid, even the aftermarket wheels I let go with it were free (given to me by the manufacturer for pics/marketing/shows).

It was fun, but I am also super stoked to try something totally new and __completely__ different. I mean, if there's an opposite of a Mustang GT convertible, with two-doors, rear-wheel drive, a V8, it's probably a 4-door, AWD sedan with electric motors :D

I think it's going to make a nice pairing with the Wrangler, since the latter will stay topless 95% of the time, it's rugged, fun, and is a distance cousin being a PHEV :D The wife LOVES the Jeep AND is super excited about the Tesla :love:

D

Deleted member 199

Both brothers phoned this evening; BJ was a topic (much mutual loathing), as was (is) the fact that they are both now fully vaccinated while I am still awaiting my second dose.

We clearly have different relationships with out respective brothers.

I don't think I've ever talked about blowjobs with my brother, even when we were teenagers.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I don't think I've ever talked about blowjobs with my brother, even when we were teenagers.

Glad to see at least one other person shares my 13 year old sense of humor, that's, of course, the first thing I thought of :D

(Of course, we both realize it's Boris Johnson ... but still ...)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I've been in downtown Oakland for the last few days on a work retreat, even though I'm from the bay area this I don't really know this side of the bay too well. It's an interesting mix in this area, gentrification on a massive level, all these multimillion dollar buildings with low income and rundown housing peppered about.

We went to a black owned restaurant (proudly displayed) and had the best food and customer service. It was a nice change from the sterilized all white areas of my suburban town, TBH I've always felt way more at home in a mixed environment because that's what I was raised in and frankly a room full of white Trump supporters are far scarier to be around.

Company owner also took us into San Francisco for happy hour and dinner at a high end sushi place, both nights everyone was up getting plastered, I had all of one beer myself though lol. SF has already reached herd immunity and it's like the roaring 20s out there again and this was the first real bash since the pandemic started.

Also got a room on the 20th floor with a view so I took a few photos.

IMG_2467_web.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Ah, no.

I think you misunderstood my post.

We discussed Boris Johnson, a topic on which our views are remarkably similar. Dislike, - intense dislike - undiluted detestation, utter loathing.

Apologies for using acronyms; personally, I don't usually much care to use them - for, while I see it as another form of mental laziness, (and much such use dates from the time when available text spaces were limited), I cannot deny the convenience.

But, there is also the issue of confusion and misunderstanding as your post makes clear.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Glad to see at least one other person shares my 13 year old sense of humor, that's, of course, the first thing I thought of :D

(Of course, we both realize it's Boris Johnson ... but still ...)

Okay:

I'm not thirteen (and even when I was, my sense of humour lay in a different direction, dark, and ironical, and intensely informed by politics) and I'm not male.

And, to be honest, young male humour has never particularly appealed to me.

Your understanding of this reference never even crossed my mind.

Anyway, on these threads others had already referred to Boris Johnson by his initials; I'll not do so again.

Apologies.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well, I come from a background where politics, history, books, theatre, travel, music (and movies, and yes, sport, too), and newspapers, were discussed endlessly at the dinner table, and, as kids, and teenagers, we were expected - and encouraged - to be informed, and to want to inform ourselves, on such matters, and were encouraged to discuss and debate them with our parents.

And, as a teacher, you could always tell (and were delighted to see it) when a student came from a background where they discussed things at the dinner table.

Top Bottom
1 2