What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
So I only caught the end of the football as I ws busy doing a few things in the garden that took longer than I hoped. If I'm not working, I'm working out or working in the garden. Work, work work! I'll rest when I'm dead.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Just watched Portugal vs France in the Euro’s, great match I thought. Fast paced throughout even if the ref was a bit off with his decisions. So wanted Germany to go out but it was not to be, credit to Hungary or their efforts.

England vs Germany on Tuesday at Wembley now!
Yes, Hungary played well, - actually, they played very well - but I really wanted to see the back of them, and wanted to see them out of the competition.

Mainly for reasons of politics, and the real ugliness of their political culture, government and football fans.
Come on. We know the result already.
Ah, yes.

This will be interesting.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went shopping today. First outing to the grocery store for peanuts, peanut butter, and birdseed. We have the most spoiled birds and squirrels in the state.

Second trip was just to shpatzir around the stores nearby. I managed to make purchases at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, World Market, and Shoe Station.

Around 3:30, I finally got the email that I’ve been awaiting - official permission to begin research in the local school system. Now I just need official permission from the IRB (Institutional Review Board) at the university, and I can start soliciting subjects, or co-researchers. Now my depression can start to lift!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Whoa. Nothing like a late afternoon quick earthquake jolt to wake you up!

I'd completely and comprehensively fail (or, flunk - what a lovely American verb, a verb that is, to my ear, an exquisite example of onomatopeia) the Princess and the Pea test, for, as it happened, I have actually slept through earthquakes.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I went shopping today. First outing to the grocery store for peanuts, peanut butter, and birdseed. We have the most spoiled birds and squirrels in the state.

Second trip was just to shpatzir around the stores nearby. I managed to make purchases at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, World Market, and Shoe Station.

Around 3:30, I finally got the email that I’ve been awaiting - official permission to begin research in the local school system. Now I just need official permission from the IRB (Institutional Review Board) at the university, and I can start soliciting subjects, or co-researchers. Now my depression can start to lift!
Sounds like our normal shopping trip. Mrs AFB puts peanut butter out every morning for Mr Blackbird (and now his offspring!). Practically eats it off the spoon. Neither of us eat it. We just buy it for the birds! As well as that they have 3 peanut feeders, fat balls, biscuits, meal worms, seeds and sunflower heart feeders. 4 watering stations. They are looked after better than I am!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like our normal shopping trip. Mrs AFB puts peanut butter out every morning for Mr Blackbird (and now his offspring!). Practically eats it off the spoon. Neither of us eat it. We just buy it for the birds! As well as that they have 3 peanut feeders, fat balls, biscuits, meal worms, seeds and sunflower heart feeders. 4 watering stations. They are looked after better than I am!
We definitely have spoiled critters.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We definitely have spoiled critters.

Our "Nutboys" as we call our squirrels (though the little G said, "Maybe they identify as Nut Nonbinary ..." :ROFLMAO: ) are a hoot. I originally was going to go to war with them, but we seemed to have established a peace - and they weren't responsible for the Great Dryer Duct Disaster of 2021 as we originally thought. There's two that lie flat down on their bellies on the trellis on the fence, and spread out, hahaha, it's weird behavior for a squirrel.

Side note: Jif All Natural is the nut spread of the gods, seriously, anybody want to refute this? FIGHT ME.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Heads down in some code catchup today, been really slacking this week (the new ride was a huge mental disruption ...), getting the rest of the refreshed detailing goodies today that I'll use late in the afternoon.

Fun weekend plans: Saturday, roof coming back off the Wrangler, early beach day, some SUP'ing, Sunday, our one "cheat day" with food ~n~ booze, will probably hit up our fave local joint, Mojos, awesome BBQ/southern style food, terrific local-ish beer options (they have Jai Alai on draft), and the best onion rings on the planet.

Our 21 burn is working great, I'll get back on the strength stuff very soon too, I had some, umm, hacking done on my person that required me to avoid weights.

Might start on the new ceiling garage racks this weekend too, it's looking so good, and so roomy now. Oh, and will attempt to finish the bedroom painting, woke up this morning, hahahaha, weird with the bed in the middle of the room and the TV like 2 feet away ...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I‘ve started my packing list. Can’t believe it’s almost July. I figured if I waited much longer to note all the little things I need to take I’d wind up leaving them home. This will be my first time flying in a looooong time.

So pick a date between July 17-20, @DT and bring the missus and little G. How’s Ford’s Garage sound?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Nice. Would love to see a pic of it.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And the carer came by for a flying visit, and to pick up some summer clothes, and we had a lovely chat.

Great to see her, and I am very happy that her current family are treating her very well.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I‘ve started my packing list. Can’t believe it’s almost July. I figured if I waited much longer to note all the little things I need to take I’d wind up leaving them home. This will be my first time flying in a looooong time.

So pick a date between July 17-20, @DT and bring the missus and little G. How’s Ford’s Garage sound?

Oh geez, that's right around our trip up to PA (then fly back to Orlando and hitting up Universal for a few days). Let me get my scheduled sorted out :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gonna hit the pool, fortunately it’s indoors, then try to get the courage to do some things in the oven also known as the back yard. 😬

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Midsummer’s Eve celebration. Had planned to go to a lake and have a picnic with BFF. Forecasts looked promising up ’til the day before, then a more traditional midsummer weather (rain) entered the picture. Headed to one of the few open restaurants instead for some for the occasion non-traditional but very tasty food. Desolate. Let’s just say that Midsummer’s Eve traditionally is very un-restauranty here.

Then the more traditional part, strawberries! Got two liters of bone fide Swedish strawberries for a sensationally low price of 70 SEK (about $8.25 today Google tells me). Everybody here needs strawberries this particular day, so usually prices are ridiculous, but I guess the sunny weather we’ve had lately must have caused the supply to virtually explode. Well, I’m not complaining, I got to enjoy a liter of very tasty strawberries, some with vanilla ice cream, the rest au naturel.

Very good day. As always when hanging out with BFF.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Then the more traditional part, strawberries! Got two liters of bone fide Swedish strawberries for a sensationally low price of 70 SEK (about $8.25 today Google tells me). Everybody here needs strawberries this particular day, so usually prices are ridiculous, but I guess the sunny weather we’ve had lately must have caused the supply to virtually explode. Well, I’m not complaining, I got to enjoy a liter of very tasty strawberries, some with vanilla ice cream, the rest au naturel.
There’s a town next to where my husband’s family lives that has a wonderful strawberry festival every year in April. In addition to buying pints to take home, we usually treat ourselves to strawberry shortcake while there.

Top Bottom
1 2