What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
People rave about strawberries, but I've always preferred a raspberry.

Tip run first thing. Then spent the day gardening. Didn't do my back any favours ripping out a tree.

Then a trip for our monthly take away. Fish and chip van in the next village every Saturday. Now watching the Wales match. Not going well though for them.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
People rave about strawberries, but I've always preferred a raspberry.

Tip run first thing. Then spent the day gardening. Didn't do my back any favours ripping out a tree.

Then a trip for our monthly take away. Fish and chip van in the next village every Saturday. Now watching the Wales match. Not going well though for them.

Ah, yes.

Now, I will admit that I really like - nay, love - strawberries, but, yes, agreed re raspberries: Actually, I absolutely adore raspberries.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Ah, yes.

Now, I will admt that I really like - nay, love - strawberries, but, yes, agreed re raspberries: Actually, I absolutely adore raspberries.
They used to grow in our garden as a child. My mother would make a mose that was equal parts raspberries, evaporated milk and sugar. Served with shortbread. Yum.
No wonder I was such a fat kid!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Gonna hit the pool, fortunately it’s indoors, then try to get the courage to do some things in the oven also known as the back yard. 😬

My idea of a hot day is anything over 75ºF. We're about to have a two-day heat wave with temps in the 80s, so whatever's in the yard will be cooking on its own for the duration, except for geraniums in the windowboxes, on which I'll take pity and supply water. I've stocked up on cucumbers and tomatoes to eat while the sun tries to bake the neighborhood. Iced tea w/ lemon is a favorite though, and I do forget to make that except when it gets really hot outdoors. At least this time I did remember also to buy lemons.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My idea of a hot day is anything over 75ºF. We're about to have a two-day heat wave with temps in the 80s, so whatever's in the yard will be cooking on its own for the duration, except for geraniums in the windowboxes, on which I'll take pity and supply water. I've stocked up on cucumbers and tomatoes to eat while the sun tries to bake the neighborhood. Iced tea w/ lemon is a favorite though, and I do forget to make that except when it gets really hot outdoors. At least this time I did remember also to buy lemons.

Ah, now, to my (sun starved eye, and body), a temperature reading of 75F (24C) - in the absence of excess humidity - is close to utter perfection.........

D

Deleted member 199

My idea of a hot day is anything over 75ºF.

tenor.gif

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Ah upstate New York , loved it. We have some whiny friends from Minnesota crying like babies when it hit 90F recently. We just laugh at them. :)
Ah, now, to my (sun starved eye, and body), a temperature reading of 75F (24C) - in the absence of excess humidity - is close to utter perfection.........
The most perfect summer ever was 75F in Minnesota, but in Texas at 80F and low humidity, that‘s wonderful too. I forget which year around the late 1980s, where we had an amazingly cool summer, highs in the mid 70s. I think a volcano had gone off somewhere in Asia. My wife watches a lot of Gardeners World and is very envious of UK weather.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We are just coming off the most delightful cool spell but today is definitely taking us up the temperature ladder and worse, up the humidity ladder as well. it's the darned humidity which gets me more than the heat......

Agree re humidity; when I write that I like heat, and warmth, I mean, of course, dry heat.......

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Thursday, I __finally__ tended to the new ride, ducked out between storms. Washed/dry, let it get really dry really thoroughly in the garage overnight. Friday I started polishing it, finished up very early this morning and while the sun was actually out, snapped a few pics, I'll just toss up one for fun:

IMG_7929.jpg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Now, I will admit that I really like - nay, love - strawberries, but, yes, agreed re raspberries: Actually, I absolutely adore raspberries.
I pretty much love all berries: strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries….
rocking my new Keens finally get some that are colorful at size 14 I way end up with the ugly colors.
I would totally wear those!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We went to the movies again this afternoon. This time to see F9. Gotta admit I preferred last week’s The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard, but F9 was true to the franchise, even if they did go way over the top this time.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Then we, again, ++finally++, removed the top from the Jeep, since if we need to drive in the rain, or do something where we want to stay fully environmentally controlled, we've got the Tesla :)

So top off, headed down to the point for a few hours, left before a typhoon hit :D Everyone was a chit-chatty today, especially about the car and umbrella holder, hahahaha.

Got home, finished up a little more paint (trimming), now some steaks and portobellos with blue cheese (still on our burn ...)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We went to the movies again this afternoon. This time to see F9. Gotta admit I preferred last week’s The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard, but F9 was true to the franchise, even if they did go way over the top this time.

Ya it was crazy over the top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
its supposed to be around 115 today that's gonna such. we will go on a ride as soon as we have breakfast do any running around go to our Chinese place then ride home and live in the bedroom with the AC.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Highs in the 90s for the next few days in NH. Wife wants outdoor brunch today which I’ll do but I’m not a fan of hot weather. In no universe would I move south of here. North or nothing. Thankfully it’s going down to the 50s at night later this week.

Top Bottom
1 2