What are you doing today?

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
No law saying you have to have cake for your birthday. My husband always gets cherry pie. He doesn’t care for cake of any kind, but ohhhhh does he like that cherry pie.

I agree. I was totally entertained by the idea that he wanted a cherry pie, apple pie, key lime, pumpkin pie, lemon merengue, and chocolate mouse. We cut little pieces, so the kids could try multiple pies at once and they all went away happy.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
No law saying you have to have cake for your birthday. My husband always gets cherry pie. He doesn’t care for cake of any kind, but ohhhhh does he like that cherry pie.

Pie > Cake

Seriously, it's science, or math, or Jeebus, er ....

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, the weather here is __still__ shitty, haven't even driven the new ride since bringing it home, but at least it's in the garage.

Took it out for a spin tonight, between the crappy weather, the first night drive. It's PFM, with the windows up, it's a spaceship, the outside is like the vacuum of space, there's nothing but a little rumble from the warp dr ... umm, tires ... some cool AC, incredible audio. The little was in back behind the wife, she had her legs crossed like she was sitting on a sofa, the passenger seat far enough back the wife could completely straighten out her legs (in a package that's about an 1" or so __shorter__ than a 3 Series).

Then there's this ...

Hahahaha, OMFG, you can set "drive sounds", like it get piped into the outside speakers. We chose Caribbean, we got some funny looks driving through the Old City :D

D

Deleted member 199

Today (besides work) was hanging a shade sail above the garden that used to have a bunch of natural shade from trees, and re-hanging the suspended lights above said garden.

Some may have seen this shot before from when I replaced the carport gutters. I circled the trees in question. Yes, they are (or were) significantly taller than the pitched roof of our 2-storey house. Oodles of shade. We spent ages finding plants that specifically thrive in shady conditions, because nothing else would grow there.

Smother in Law decided the trees needed to be "trimmed", and hired a guy. They are now literally 2-storey high sticks in the ground, and provide zero shade to anything. The vast majority of the plants that we specifically bought because they'll do well in shade, are some shade of brown now (1-2 days after the shock of their lives). I forgot to get some photos of said sticks, I'll try to remember tomorrow and post back.

Yeah, what’s the saying? Sticks or it didn’t happen?

Seriously, that sucks. I love shade.

I got some 'after' photos today, so here's the comparison. If you have small children take them out of the room, there's nekkid trees here.

Before, After:
trees.jpgIMG_0409.jpeg

Don't be fooled by the little bits of green you see at the top - those aren't the tree leaves - they're a climbing vine that grows up on other trees, in the shade... and is now also turning brown. The other bits of green you can see between some of the sticks, are the trees further behind, the other side of the canal.

Closeup:
IMG_0408.jpeg

Who wants leaves on a tree anyway. Much better when it looks dead, amirite?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Decent Brother and I enjoyed a long, late, lingering, lunch; very agreeable, and pleasant - actually, quite lovely.

And yes, a glass or three - actually, a bottle (or two) of wine were also sipped, savoured, and swallowed.

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I got some 'after' photos today, so here's the comparison. If you have small children take them out of the room, there's nekkid trees here.

Before, After:
View attachment 6225View attachment 6226

Don't be fooled by the little bits of green you see at the top - those aren't the tree leaves - they're a climbing vine that grows up on other trees, in the shade... and is now also turning brown. The other bits of green you can see between some of the sticks, are the trees further behind, the other side of the canal.

Closeup:
View attachment 6227

Who wants leaves on a tree anyway. Much better when it looks dead, amirite?
Sorry for your loss. :cry:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Er, my point - I have this fear of hail decimating one of our cars (it happened in the past), so knowing they're locked down is great

Yah we were spared the quarter-sized hail that points farther upstate in NY got yesterday afternoon, it was brutal on cars left outdoors. That stuff is an insurance company's gigantic nightmare... and one for car dealers too. I read that Montague NY off the east end of Lake Ontario and surrounding area, about 86 square miles, got 1.25-1.75 inch hailstones.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Enjoyed the football. Then as I’m in a bit of an exercise competition with a friend, did a two mile run. Then worked for a bit. Spent $80k and went to bed.

That - the football - was the reason Decent Brother suggested (an extended) lunch, rather than dinner, earlier today.

He fancied TV and football later...

However, I can hardly describe how deliriously happy I am to have seen him three days running - having not met him, or seen him, face to face, for the past ten months.

He feels the same; said he will phone me today (Wednesday), and maybe meet for a coffee.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went for a pedicure today. It was nice to get out of the house by myself. Hubby has been suffering from a dental procedure for the last few days and I really didn’t want to suffer along with him any longer. Fortunately, he seems to be doing better this afternoon. He should be back to normal tomorrow.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I went for a pedicure today. It was nice to get out of the house by myself. Hubby has been suffering from a dental procedure for the last few days and I really didn’t want to suffer along with him any longer. Fortunately, he seems to be doing better this afternoon. He should be back to normal tomorrow.

You say this now, but wait until he grows a mustache in retaliation.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I usually use this product for post-dental pain management ...

1624411924728.png

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
I am watching the conclusion of the group stage of Euro 2020, now Sweden-Poland, then probably also Portugal-France and/or Germany-Hungary. Can have one game on the iPad and the other one on the big screen, I mean, I have two eyes, have I not?

To make the day special, I went to the local supermarket before the game to buy something tasty to drink. On my way back home I encountered a group of three young gentlemen both looking and sounding confused and lost. They were, due to the municipality‘s retarded naming of places, about a mile from where they were supposed to be and I managed to set them on the right track. Hopefully they got there in time for kickoff!

A while later, while browsing Reddit, it dawned on me how bad the start of the conversation could look like from for example certain American perspectives; Approaching a group of young gentlemen of color in a mostly white neighborhood, asking like ”Hiya there dudes, are you lost?”. :mrgreen:

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Just watched Portugal vs France in the Euro’s, great match I thought. Fast paced throughout even if the ref was a bit off with his decisions. So wanted Germany to go out but it was not to be, credit to Hungary or their efforts.

England vs Germany on Tuesday at Wembley now!

Top Bottom
1 2