What are you doing today?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh meant, to post this the other day, needed a full refresh of lightning cables, some 3', a few 6' foot, so I hit up woot.com which tends to be a good place for that sort of thing.

Got __17__ cables, AmazonBasics Premium (lifetime warranty), 12-pack of 3' and a 5-pack of 6' for $47.90 delivered, that's ~2.82/each.

Woot!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Binging Midnight Mass before and after a humiliating football game.

7 EPs, 1-2 have some nice setup, 3-4 tipped into the holy hell moments and the final two, 6-7 bring pretty crazy, very respectable ending, really drive home one of the core messages, some amazing moments, and there's a beautiful monolog in 7.

5 however, is one of those great moments in a series, that's as good as anything else on "TV". It's stunningly fantastic.

It's the The Haunting Of Hill House, "The Bent-Neck Lady" EP, which coincidentally, was also the 5th episode of that series.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
7 EPs, 1-2 have some nice setup, 3-4 tipped into the holy hell moments and the final two, 6-7 bring pretty crazy, very respectable ending, really drive home one of the core messages, some amazing moments, and there's a beautiful monolog in 7.

5 however, is one of those great moments in a series, that's as good as anything else on "TV". It's stunningly fantastic.

It's the The Haunting Of Hill House, "The Bent-Neck Lady" EP, which coincidentally, was also the 5th episode of that series.
I’m still ruminating on the ending. In some ways I was happy, in other ways not. The scoring was brilliant.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Meal prep in the morning. I cooked 4 lbs of bacon, then a series of portobello mushrooms, sweet onion, celery, brussels sprouts, and breakfast eggs in the rendered fat.

We then spent the afternoon introducing my youngest son to my Alma Mater. He's a senior in high school, but is taking a college research course. Of course, in the 20ish years since I attended, quite a bit has changed.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’m still ruminating on the ending. In some ways I was happy, in other ways not. The scoring was brilliant.

Oh yeah, the score is outstanding.

I've described the show / ending as dark, but I think maybe that's wrong, it's not mean spirited, it's tragic, but there's something uplifting about it as well, especially in the context of that discussion in EP4 and the parallel monolog in the series finale.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
It is? Interesting coffee!

The delivery order comprised of one bag of Ethiopian coffee, another of Kenyan coffee, and also, a coffee from Costa Rica.

Plus, a packet of coffee filter papers.

I usually buy my coffee from small local coffee shops who have direct relationships with roasteries and small (usually, family owned) coffee producers, or, small coffee roasting companies, who have developed close relationships (and pay ethical rates) with small (often ecologically aware, environmentally aware, ethical) producers (again, often, family run enterprises).

They tend to produce high quality coffee, (from high quality - sometimes, relatively rare coffee varietals, or coffee beans - while the method of harvesting can be quite labour intensive), but I like the idea of supporting small (family owned - quite a few are run by women, or widows) businesses.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, the pre-cooked bacon is $17/lb, so I bought a 4 pack, cooked it and froze them for later use.

Wow, I was stunned, in the best possible way, at that much bacon :D

When there's a good deal we do freeze it, but uncooked - however, it's small packages, so we thaw and it's just a few meals.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We then spent the afternoon introducing my youngest son to my Alma Mater. He's a senior in high school, but is taking a college research course. Of course, in the 20ish years since I attended, quite a bit has changed.
That must have been fun though! I have not been back to my Alma Mater since I graduated. I’ve only even been back to Ohio twice in all those years. I follow them on Facebook, and I suspect I could still find my way around the center of campus.
Oh yeah, the score is outstanding.

I've described the show / ending as dark, but I think maybe that's wrong, it's not mean spirited, it's tragic, but there's something uplifting about it as well, especially in the context of that discussion in EP4 and the parallel monolog in the series finale.
I agree. I made a few comments in one of @Huntn ’s religion threads. It was sad and beautiful, but mostly it was a character study.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I usually buy my coffee from small local coffee shops who have direct relationships with roasteries and small (usually, family owned) coffee producers, or, small coffee roasting companies, who have developed close relationships (and pay ethical rates) with small (often ecologically aware, environmentally aware, ethical) producers (again, often, family run enterprises).

They tend to produce high quality coffee, (from high quality - sometimes, relatively rare coffee varietals, or coffee beans - while the method of harvesting can be quite labour intensive), but I like the idea of supporting small (family owned - quite a few are run by women, or widows) businesses.
Me and the twin would buy several lbs of specialty coffee decades ago. Loved the variety and supporting smaller roasteries/producers. Then he stopped drinking so much and I couldn't continue drinking a large amount by myself. I tried drinking about half of it iced, but it was just too much for me.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That must have been fun though! I have not been back to my Alma Mater since I graduated. I’ve only even been back to Ohio twice in all those years. I follow them on Facebook, and I suspect I could still find my way around the center of campus.

I agree. I made a few comments in one of @Huntn ’s religion threads. It was sad and beautiful, but mostly it was a character study.

You know, everyone was good, Robert Longstreet is always a treat, loved all the Flannagan "regulars" (BTW, he's married to Kate Siegel), but I was kind of blown away by Hamish Linklater who played Father Paul.

Flannagan's new Netflix project, scheduled for a '22 release is The Midnight Club.

It is an adaptation of the Christopher Pike young adult novel The Midnight Club (1994), but will incorporate several other Pike novels.[1] It follows a group of terminally ill patients living in a hospice that meet every midnight to tell each other scary stories. They eventually make a pact that whoever dies first will contact the others from beyond the grave.

Starring (and referenced by their Midnight Mass character):

Samantha Sloyan (Bev)
Zach Gilford (Riley Flynn)
Igby Rigney (Warren Flynn)
Matt Biedel (Sturge)
Annarah Cymone (Leeza)

... and Heather Langenkamp, who horror fans will know as Nancy from the Nightmare on Elm Street film series.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Interviewing more candidates, had a rare no show today, which you would expect for a fast food worker but not something this targeted and specialized but I guess you new know. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom
1 2