What are you doing today?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
This morning I went out and did some shooting for the Octoberfest project I'm involved in, as a rainstorm was predicted for the afternoon (which indeed was an accurate guess on the weather people's part!). Processed and edited a few images, submitted one (we're only allowed one image daily) and then puttered around for a while catching up with a couple of things I've been meaning to do with my camera -- one, get the second slot in the camera activated and ready to automatically continue on when the memory card in the first slot is filled up, so now that slot is filled with a memory card and ready for action. I normally don't shoot so much during one session that I actually use up an entire memory card's storage, but this past week it did happen and so that prompted me to do what I should've done when first setting the camera up.

While I was at it I also finally got around to installing the universal body plate on the bottom of the camera so that when I want and need to use a tripod (which has an Arca-Swiss type of clamp) I'm ready to simply slip the camera into position and we're ready to go. I've had the Sony A1 since the end of August and I'm only just now getting around to this -- shows you how often I use a tripod, eh? Many photographers prefer to use what is called an "L-Bracket" for this purpose but since I so rarely bother with a tripod at all and when I do I usually am not switching from landscape to portrait orientation anyway, I decided to skip the L-Bracket. I had one when I was using Nikon and found it more of a hindrance than a help. If I were shooting primarily in a studio, or using a tripod out in the field much more frequently, probably I would prefer an L-Bracket, though.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
as a rainstorm was predicted for the afternoon (which indeed was an accurate guess on the weather people's part!)

Heh, yeah up here they nailed the weather forecast right on the money too: "Rain starting at 2pm" --and it did, and it still is!

Well it's not raining at the moment in Texas, so I'm watching from afar on TV as Boston hammers the Houston Astros... so far, at least. And doing it in flamboyant style, too.

From the Boston Globe's at least momentarily cheerful running update: "The Red Sox are the first team in playoff history with multiple grand slams in a game. They lead, 8-0, in the second inning."​

Boston did lose the first game in the series last night at Houston, but today for once, they seem able to leave the past in the past and they brought the bats to prove it.

EDIT: omg another Red Sox homer (for the heck of it right?), so Boston now leads 9 to nothing in the fourth. Texas having a bad hair day so far.

Last edited:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Giving all my monies to Apple. My wife had an iPhone7, but was given a broken XR. She refurbed it, but it never worked correctly. So, we ordered her a 13. My watch is S02. I ordered a 7, but won't get it until December.

I'm still waiting for Monday to order a replacement for my 2011 MacBook Pro.

lizkat

Reaction score
Two slams in the first two innings. Wow. Just wow! :)

Yeah nobody's likely to go better than the Red Sox for awhile on post-season grand slams per game. Weird how they're so hot now and couldn't win for love or money for awhile there late in the regular season. "Wild card" was an understatement for their up and downness this year.

Houston's not that depressed about their chances in this series though, they've managed to put three runs on the scoreboard... the Astro fans are loud for them even though the innings are slipping away now.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As much as I would like to see an Astros/Dodgers rematch and all that it will entail, I think a better "baseball" series would be the Sox/Dodgers. Both teams can light up the board.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
More learning with procreate, this is drawn from scratch and loosely based on a photo I saw on IG. I've been attempting things on my own without tutorials now that I sort of have a hang of how the software works.

IMG_0012.jpg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Two slams in the first two innings. Wow. Just wow! :)

The crawl on ESPN said this was the first time ever a team hit 2 slams in the same game in the postseason. And that goes back 140ish years.

And somehow the Braves beat the Dodgers. But then again the Dodgers had to do a bullpen game since they were out of starters. We will see what happens next once they get their rotation back.

lizkat

Reaction score
The crawl on ESPN said this was the first time ever a team hit 2 slams in the same game in the postseason. And that goes back 140ish years.

And somehow the Braves beat the Dodgers. But then again the Dodgers had to do a bullpen game since they were out of starters. We will see what happens next once they get their rotation back.

Yah with Dodgers v Braves match-up, overall, the main weak spot for Atlanta might be their pitching.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yah with Dodgers v Braves match-up, overall, the main weak spot for Atlanta might be their pitching.

That and I am surprised by how well they played after Acuna got hurt. He is a spectacular player. Hope he makes a full recovery.

lizkat

Reaction score
^^^ All this late night honesty is overwhelming. :ROFLMAO:

What I am doing later today is watching the apple event. That's because until about half an hour ago I thought I would be doing that on Tuesday. Aren't these things usually on Tuesdays? Good thing I put it on my calendar.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Since I have never seen you, I’d like to formally retract everything I’ve said. I fully look like a hobo when I let the whiskers grow, so I’m just a hypocrite.
Makes sense. Takes one to know one. Probably why my avatar is a dashing lion with the voice of an angel now that I think about it.

Nice of you anyway!

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2