What are you doing today?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
My 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback has CarPlay, but it's wired, not wireless. Kind of a nuisance to have to keep plugging in and unplugging when only making a short drive and running doing errands along the way, so most of the time I use the BT method instead and that way I keep my iPhone in my purse and don't run the risk of forgetting to take it with me when I leave the car. However, for long trips the actual wired CarPlay will be invaluable as not only will I be enjoying my music but the iPhone will continue to be charged, too.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My 2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback has CarPlay, but it's wired, not wireless. Kind of a nuisance to have to keep plugging in and unplugging when only making a short drive and running doing errands along the way, so most of the time I use the BT method instead and that way I keep my iPhone in my purse and don't run the risk of forgetting to take it with me when I leave the car. However, for long trips the actual wired CarPlay will be invaluable as not only will I be enjoying my music but the iPhone will continue to be charged, too.
Had to plug in because my battery was tired. iPhone is showing her age in that respect!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got to go to the hospital to get knocked out and have them look down my gullet to make sure things are ok. so much fun. it was faster this time with covid. got in at 7 and was calling the lyft at 8:30 poor esphagus feels like crap and lots of heartburn.

chengengaun

Slightly Confused
Site Donor
Reaction score
I got to go to the hospital to get knocked out and have them look down my gullet to make sure things are ok. so much fun. it was faster this time with covid. got in at 7 and was calling the lyft at 8:30 poor esphagus feels like crap and lots of heartburn.
Take care @fooferdoggie, hope things go smoothly and you recover soon.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
last two times my esophagus was so bad before I had it done I didn't feel much different so this time its much better so I felt it more. now thing I didn't know is I have had heartburn my entire life I found it was my carb intolerance that caused it. but my esophagus is super sensitive and almost anything makes it hurt. but the doc says its actually in good shape and not eroded.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We hit the beach for a walk / run this morning, found this :)

IMG_0770_1200.jpeg

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Had to plug in because my battery was tired. iPhone is showing her age in that respect!
In 2016 I swapped out the head unit of my 2011 Hyundai Tucson with an Alpine ILX-107 - one of the first receivers to support wireless CarPlay.
I also got a 6" USB-A to mini-USB adapter for a Choetech Qi Wireless charger that I put into the "cubby" of my console - where my phone could charge and provide my CarPlay interface.

All-in, it ran me about $1500 CDN. - $1100 for the Alpine unit, the rest was parts/adapters/installation.

Alpine has a range of receivers now that support wireless car play - I see the 7" one is only $400 on their US website.

I was plugging in still - as my iPhone 6s didn't support wireless charging - that got fixed the next year when I picked up an iPhone X.

My 2021 Toyota Rav4 4 doesn't support wireless CarPlay - makes me wonder if I had paid for the $2400 electronics upgrade if that head unit would have - as that included the wireless charger. Everywhere I could find the specs for that option, it never mentioned wireless CarPlay - and I can do the same wireless treatment for about $100, so why pay for the option which didn't seem to have a lot of upside? :)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Got the snowblower fired up and ready to work.

Tip for those who still have some gas powered lawn equipment. When you put it away for the season, turn the fuel off and let it run until it stops. Makes it start next year so much easier and you don't have gas gelling in the carb.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well FMA, I got a screw in a tire on the Tesla.

Got a warning (and heard some odd tire noise), it was sitting at 22PSI. There's a local place that does a great job, I figured I'd just pull the wheel myself, speed up things on their end, and I was concerned the leak down was super fast.

So I get there and they won't do it, something about "Tesla tires", even though it's just a tire, with a normal spec (they have an acoustic baffle but it's just small foam inserts that pull right out ...)

First, I give myself a little, "whew!", I'm glad I didn't drive it up here. So I hit the Firestone shop, no problems, they take it over to the machine to remove the tire, it splits ... :oops:

Hahaha, the service manager (who was totally into EV stuff) was like, "OK, we owe you a tire", ordered me a brand new Pirelli (their cost), won't be here till Monday, so I just brought home the wheel and semi-mangled tire, bolted it back up, dropped it down,

Shit happens I suppose. No biggie, I get a new tire vs. a plugged/patched tire, we were going __nowhere__ for the next few days, and we have the Jeep which is super fun to drive anyway :)

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Bills to be paid and my biennial breast check - or, rather, to be more precise, what is usually my biennial breast check (courtesy of the state) - is scheduled for today, except, that, of account of Covid, it is now three years since I last had one; last year's was cancelled, or, rather, postponed.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Paid some bills, had my breast check (from a lovely lady), collected bread from the French bakery (I had phoned yesterday to request that they put aside some bread for me) and purchased some cheese, and other necessities.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Well that 4-8' of snow, that was originally supposed to be 3-6", ended up closer to 10". Couple that with that fact it is too cold for salt to work well, means the roads are a mess so I won't be going out. So I plan to:

1) clear the driveway with the snowblower I made sure was running yesterday. I like my driveway clean.

2) install the shower door on the new shower I finished before Christmas. Ran out of time to get the door installed so today seems like a perfect day to do it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well FMA, I got a screw in a tire on the Tesla.

Got a warning (and heard some odd tire noise), it was sitting at 22PSI. There's a local place that does a great job, I figured I'd just pull the wheel myself, speed up things on their end, and I was concerned the leak down was super fast.

So I get there and they won't do it, something about "Tesla tires", even though it's just a tire, with a normal spec (they have an acoustic baffle but it's just small foam inserts that pull right out ...)

First, I give myself a little, "whew!", I'm glad I didn't drive it up here. So I hit the Firestone shop, no problems, they take it over to the machine to remove the tire, it splits ... :oops:

Hahaha, the service manager (who was totally into EV stuff) was like, "OK, we owe you a tire", ordered me a brand new Pirelli (their cost), won't be here till Monday, so I just brought home the wheel and semi-mangled tire, bolted it back up, dropped it down,

Shit happens I suppose. No biggie, I get a new tire vs. a plugged/patched tire, we were going __nowhere__ for the next few days, and we have the Jeep which is super fun to drive anyway :)
Wow man, I guess we know why the first shop wouldn't do it now. Run flats were one of the more cooler features of the BMW, a few years back I hit something hard and could hear the air whistling out and a pretty good rate, it was emptied in a matter of minutes but I still drove it 15 miles to the dealership at a slower speed without any issues.

Top Bottom
1 2