What are you doing today?

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Gassed up remaining members of the car fleet, put away the Xmas tree, and defrosted an ice dam in the beer fridge. Also discovered that the air fryer is perfect for batch cooking bacon.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Laying down some acoustic guitar tracks in Garageband, something I've been meaning to do for a while now but haven't really made time for. I still use the voice memo recorder on my iPhone just so I don't forget parts that I've came up with though, it's perfect for that sort of thing.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Laying down some acoustic guitar tracks in Garageband, something I've been meaning to do for a while now but haven't really made time for. I still use the voice memo recorder on my iPhone just so I don't forget parts that I've came up with though, it's perfect for that sort of thing.

If you're comfortable with it, you should share some, maybe via Soundcloud?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm going to trim a few more palmettos, we did a whole mow, pickup, trim, etc., yesterday. I waded into the palmettos to trim them again, geez, they grow fast, I like to keep them really minimal, all the fronds off the ground.

So yesterday I kind of wade into them, I manage to get a leaf of a frond up under my hat and glasses, and it drags across my eyeball/lid, hahaha, holy shit I thought I blinded myself. I came inside, washed it out, used some lubricating drops, finished up outside - came in, planned my future as a pirate ...

Got some sleep, kind of just drank up and ignored the pain, i.e., to quote Dalton from Roadhouse: "Pain don't hurt ..." :D

Feels about like 2 on a 1-10 today, so I'm headed back into the palmettos for revenge :devilish:

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Worked on my day off, again, due to staffing shortages. Thankfully I was able to work remotely, though sometimes it’s more challenging just to be on site. Can’t wait until this COVID surge calms down.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Some studio work and a lot of gigging.
Read “giggling”… Too tired to read properly.😆

Woke up to flashing blue lights at 2AM and thought it was an ambulance picking up one of the neighbors. Well, partly right - Across the street there were at least four police cars, one ambulance and another emergency medical vehicle and lots of commotion. One person badly injured, two persons arrested, investigated as attempted murder. Seven hours later kids are playing outside on the same spot. Surreal.

Later in the day I finally managed to catch a screening of Spider-Man: No Way Home, now some exercise to close the move ring, then dinner.

🎢

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Worked on my day off, again, due to staffing shortages. Thankfully I was able to work remotely, though sometimes it’s more challenging just to be on site. Can’t wait until this COVID surge calms down.
Same. But I went in. Tomorrow I’m off to London, so will be leaving at stupid o’clock.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well FMA, I got a screw in a tire on the Tesla.

Got a warning (and heard some odd tire noise), it was sitting at 22PSI. There's a local place that does a great job, I figured I'd just pull the wheel myself, speed up things on their end, and I was concerned the leak down was super fast.

So I get there and they won't do it, something about "Tesla tires", even though it's just a tire, with a normal spec (they have an acoustic baffle but it's just small foam inserts that pull right out ...)

First, I give myself a little, "whew!", I'm glad I didn't drive it up here. So I hit the Firestone shop, no problems, they take it over to the machine to remove the tire, it splits ... :oops:

Hahaha, the service manager (who was totally into EV stuff) was like, "OK, we owe you a tire", ordered me a brand new Pirelli (their cost), won't be here till Monday, so I just brought home the wheel and semi-mangled tire, bolted it back up, dropped it down,

Shit happens I suppose. No biggie, I get a new tire vs. a plugged/patched tire, we were going __nowhere__ for the next few days, and we have the Jeep which is super fun to drive anyway :)

New Pirelli installed today.

$0.00 :)

My new jack is fantastic, jacking pucks worked great :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I need a pair of front tyres. Can you pop round and swap them?

I would totally show up with my jack, I rarely get to use one :D

It's nice, really low profile like < 4" at the jacking spot, and it's a good 10" or so before it gets taller. The Tesla was shockingly low.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I would totally show up with my jack, I rarely get to use one :D

It's nice, really low profile like < 4" at the jacking spot, and it's a good 10" or so before it gets taller. The Tesla was shockingly low.
Can’t remember the last time I used a Jack. Or a lathe or bench drill. I miss my old engineering job sometimes.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
my wife goes in for her new shoulder bone replacement surgery tomorrow. We just found out they will be be kicking her to the curb no overnight stays no beds available. Thank you antivaxxers. so they will debone her like a chicken wing I guess. Should we ask for the bone to make soup? friend at work thought of that one.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
That is unfortunate that they're going to send your wife home after that surgery, no overnight stay in the hospital to make sure everything is OK..... But, yeah, if they don't have beds available, it's a big issue, as they have to reserve at least a few for emergency cases that come in unexpectedly and where the patient will definitely need to stay inpatient. I'm surprised that they're still going ahead with the shoulder replacement surgery, as some hospitals are not doing any elective procedures at all, they just can't, they don't have the bed space or the staffing available. I just ran a quick Google on shoulder replacement surgery and apparently it is not uncommon that it is an outpatient procedure after all and that many people do not stay in the hospital afterward but go home.

Top Bottom
1 2