1642021598997.png

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
They asked if she wanted to still have it. But it’s not really elective at this point she can’t use her arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good point! it's not quite in the same category as someone choosing to have a cosmetic type procedure such as a facelift or whatever..... That kind of surgery or procedure can definitely be postponed until another time. It's truly "elective."

Hope all went well today with the shoulder replacement!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Good news that the procedure went well!!! Yes, I'm sure that the long recovery will be frustrating as heck for her but in the long run she'll have function back again and that will make it all worthwhile! I'm with her on not liking to listen to audiobooks. Music or podcasts are different, somehow..... Hopefully she'll find things to keep herself occupied. One good thing is that by Spring, when the weather is really nice and perfect for going out on the bike again, she'll be ready. January was a good time to have this surgery and get it and the recovery process out of the way during the winter and not-so-great weather.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I listen to audiobooks all day long but I am by myself all day long. man they have this sling for her arm with a pillow its going to really get in the way. but its went well and we just made it home. for some reason they would not let me take her home on the tandem.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
I listen to audiobooks all day long but I am by myself all day long. man they have this sling for her arm with a pillow its going to really get in the way. but its went well and we just made it home. for some reason they would not let me take her home on the tandem.
???!!!! I hope you're joking about the tandem. ??!!! Well, I would certainly expect that the medical personnel involved would insist on you guys, her being freshly post-op, taking a taxicab or Uber or whatever......

Good that the surgery went well and as time goes on her recovery will hopefully feel less and less burdensome.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
???!!!! I hope you're joking about the tandem. ??!!! Well, I would certainly expect that the medical personnel involved would insist on you guys, her being freshly post-op, taking a taxicab or Uber or whatever......

Good that the surgery went well and as time goes on her recovery will hopefully feel less and less burdensome.
I am don't worry. she has not been able to ride the last several days as jsut the vibration made it Hirt and she was nto allowed to take any pain meds or put anything on it for 7 says before. we were hoping for a few more rides but it hurt her too much It will be at least 2 weeks before she can do anything more then lift her lower part of here arm up and down. no moving her shoulder at all cant leave the sling off except to wash or take clothes on and off.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
I am don't worry. she has not been able to ride the last several days as jsut the vibration made it Hirt and she was nto allowed to take any pain meds or put anything on it for 7 says before. we were hoping for a few more rides but it hurt her too much It will be at least 2 weeks before she can do anything more then lift her lower part of here arm up and down. no moving her shoulder at all cant leave the sling off except to wash or take clothes on and off.

Best wishes for a successful full recovery- do it right and take the time. It really would suck to be in pain while riding.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Yes, I was wondering about that -- figured she was off work for a while, even prior to having the surgery, and will continue to be until she can really use her arm again. Guess she'll need to be taking taxis to-and-from work when she can return to her job unless she'll be on sick leave for an extended time.....

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I was wondering about that -- figured she was off work for a while, even prior to having the surgery, and will continue to be until she can really use her arm again. Guess she'll need to be taking taxis to-and-from work when she can return to her job unless she'll be on sick leave for an extended time.....
her work was off jan1st and started up the day before surgery. so it was good timing as it got a lot worse then. she has used the public transports service for disabled people for years to get to work but she usually has a ride. but she will use that to get to her PT sessions in a couple of weeks.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Crap got a notice Fedex delivered a package to our house and nope we are home and no truck drove by this is a mobile home park so it may have went to the wrong place. But last time this happened they claimed it was delivered and closed it. wet lI lucked out and the person it went to dropped it off.

Top Bottom
1 2