What are you doing today?

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Finishing up watching my Yanks live up to their nickname: Bronx Bombers. Crushing Bosox 10-1 in the top of the 8th. Looks like another 3+ hour game. Nice to see hitting and pitching come together.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Finishing up watching my Yanks live up to their nickname: Bronx Bombers. Crushing Bosox 10-1 in the top of the 8th. Looks like another 3+ hour game. Nice to see hitting and pitching come together.

Hah, guess the Yanks were more than getting even on what happened last night when it (finally) went 5-4 to Boston in 11 innings... and things had got more than a little heated in the 9th between umpires and Yank mgr Boone, who was ejected. Man he gets into some epic rants with the umps now and then.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hah, guess the Yanks were more than getting even on what happened last night when it (finally) went 5-4 to Boston in 11 innings... and things had got more than a little heated in the 9th between umpires and Yank mgr Boone, who was ejected. Man he gets into some epic rants with the umps now and then.
The strike zone changes by the pitch. And it seems they were being stubborn and making calls to get back at Boone and other Yankees. My Yanks just spanked the Bosox 14-1!! (y)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Friends coming over, we're walking down the beach to a beachside restaurant to have some brunch, eat, drink, walk back on the beach, hang out at the homestead, relax, talk theater, tech, music, misc and whatnot :D

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Today I'm noodling a layout for a three display X-Plane flight simulator system. My space is somewhat limited but think I can squeeze it in.

I'll probably have a smaller fourth display underneath and in front of the other three for instruments. That will allow the three displays to be uncluttered with a nice view of scenery. My iPad will handle a moving map showing the plane's location over the ground using various map and satellite views.

Three displays will permit a more realistic and undistorted view with a reasonable viewing distance over s single display. Some people use five displays, but that would take too much room. X-Plane is nice in its flexibility for handling multiple displays and setting their angles. It can can also correct fir bezel widths.

Hopefully I'll be up and running in about a week if things go well.

Attachments

• Flight sim layout.jpg
    Flight sim layout.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Enjoy. I’d rather stay at home on the weekends. Those places are bad enough in the week.
Me too. We’d put in a pick-up order yesterday, but it wasn’t ready until late so we decided to go this morning. It wasn’t too bad.

I prefer doing everything during the week and leave the weekends to those who are busy working during the week. But for some reason my husband still thinks weekends are when you should go out.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Me too. We’d put in a pick-up order yesterday, but it wasn’t ready until late so we decided to go this morning. It wasn’t too bad.

I prefer doing everything during the week and leave the weekends to those who are busy working during the week. But for some reason my husband still thinks weekends are when you should go out.
Mrs AFB believes you should only ever go out if it opens early, you can be there when it opens and leave 10 minutes later.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Mrs AFB believes you should only ever go out if it opens early, you can be there when it opens and leave 10 minutes later.

My thing is knowing when a store will have stocked up its fresh produce and getting there before the best of it has been snagged by someone else...

What I'm doing today though is waiting for the rain to quit. Well that's what i WAS waiting for until realizing it's an on-and-off thing for the day. Moving on to pick over the beach-read pile. Maybe I should call that stacck of books the waterfall pile just for today.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The way I look at the Bog Box hardware stores (Lowe's, HD, Menard's) is that during the work day, they are mainly full of contractors and workers, who generally know what they need and are able to get it with little assistance.

But during the evenings and weekends, they are full of DIY'ers who don't know what they want or need and end up taking advice from someone who generally doesn't have the knowledge to give proper advice. And they are in every aisle and taking up every register.

Will only go on weekends if I can't finish what I am working on without the trip. Then will try to go Sunday morning when the first open.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
At the moment? Being absolutely astounded at this ... o_O

Guess who this is (or used to be) from MR and the post count should be a really good clue:

1658164082241.png

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My thing is knowing when a store will have stocked up its fresh produce and getting there before the best of it has been snagged by someone else...

What I'm doing today though is waiting for the rain to quit. Well that's what i WAS waiting for until realizing it's an on-and-off thing for the day. Moving on to pick over the beach-read pile. Maybe I should call that stacck of books the waterfall pile just for today.
Rain? Go on. Rub it in. Our grass is more like straw.

Top Bottom
1 2