What are you doing today?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
What am I doing today?

1. Watched the Met's broadcast of Alban Berg's Lulu. Utterly superb. Never seen a production I didn't get moved by.

2. Deep cleaning the fridge while listening to I Pagliacci from the Wiener Staatsoper.

3. Waiting for the wine delivery.

So far I'm stuck at having coffee and hanging out here.. the weather has gone to Novemberish at last, even if only temporarily, so if I took a cue from that I'd be loading up on requiem masses and trying to locate a copy of Darkness at Noon (at roughly 9am).

On the menu for today though is picking out a binding fabric to put around the edges of a quilt of mine that I left up at my sister's place. She has volunteered to cut and attach the binding for me while figuring out what her next quilt top piecing project will be. This may be first time I've made fabric selections from her stash remotely!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
"I wish I had a river to skate away on...."
A Joni Mitchell song ("River") that usually re-emerges this time of year and one of my favorite singers has just done a cover of it..... Darned thing keeps going through my head now!

Joni Mitchell is my all time favorite female vocalist. While River is not my favorite, it is definitely in the top ten. Now I’m going to break out the album Court and Spark to enhance my morning.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Joni Mitchell has written and performed some amazing, wonderful songs -- I agree, "River" is not my favorite of hers, it's a rather sad and depressing song. I was surprised that Jackie chose to record this one as her first single now that she is associated with a new music label. An album is due "early in 2021," so fans are curious and impatiently waiting.

What am I doing today? So far have done nothing productive but I do have some backups on the computer to finish up, having gotten all out of sync with that this month for one reason or another. The weather is more typical of mid-November today, not nearly as warm as we enjoyed last week, but chilly: definitely long sleeves and jackets weather! We're sliding towards winter ever so slowly, and I am hoping for a mild one this year.

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
Tonight celebrating! 🎉🍷🍾🥂

We have waited to see this scene for the past nearly 12 months.

1605289383921.png

1605289404394.png

To see the odious Dominic Cummings leave No. 10 with his box.

He is gone.

Too late, considering the massive amount of harm he masterminded… but…

Thank fuck for this!

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have been tasked with a pretty big project, and besides all the annoying meetings about said project, what pops up on my calendar this morning? A meeting about the upcoming meeting... Then like clockwork, I got a meeting to discuss the meeting about the meeting... 🤦‍♂️ Sigh.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Tonight celebrating! 🎉🍷🍾🥂

We have waited to see this scene for the past nearly 12 months.

View attachment 1366

View attachment 1367

To see the odious Dominic Cummings leave No. 10 with his box.

He is gone.

Too late, considering the massive amount of harm he masterminded… but…

Thank fuck for this!

Great photos there. So Mr. "Vote Leave" finally finds his own exit.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
I am currently petting the kitten I adopted. She, and her siblings showed up in a barn out in the borderlands, where a friend has been working the ranch. She waited a few days for mom, even setting up a trail-cam. Nothing.

So, I adopted one. She's already starred on several zoom calls.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Crap day at work. Wondering if I should log on again this evening to catch up a bit or leave it for a day or two. Work is just so busy at the moment. Only going to get worse.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am currently petting the kitten I adopted. She, and her siblings showed up in a barn out in the borderlands, where a friend has been working the ranch. She waited a few days for mom, even setting up a trail-cam. Nothing.

So, I adopted one. She's already starred on several zoom calls.

Take pictures. The internet needs more cat photos. It will never be satiated.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
"I wish I had a river to skate away on...."
A Joni Mitchell song ("River") that usually re-emerges this time of year and one of my favorite singers has just done a cover of it..... Darned thing keeps going through my head now!

@Clix Pix
now that one is an Ear Worm for the rest of the month !
its one of my favourites too.
but i love the Laura M version most.

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Rest of the day? 🤔

Senior moment: Duh ronn, you gotta help set up a couple new iPhone 12 Pro Max!!

That's why the day had no To-Do items. Hilarious setting up screen protectors with hubby. His didn't go too well. Mine = perfecto! And he did both phones. He couldn't pop out the SIM trays to save his life. Tried 5/6 times. Each phone took me one try. I'm usually the clueless one for stuff like this.

Was a bit anxious about the size of the PM after reading 1st impressions from others online. It's not as heavy as I anticipated and can't wait for the transfer to complete to really play around with it. I'm not usually a photo/cam guy, so I'll take a couple test shots and a video tomorrow while running errands.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Leave it for a day or so, if only to give yourself a bit of a break.
Good advice. And I did exactly that last night and today (so far)

Went for a walk in the gloomy dark autumn weather. Wasn't very inviting but I didn't fancy the cross trainer after a terrible nights sleep. I have some photos to do for Mrs AFB but I suspect based on how she is feeling and the lighting, we might try again tomorrow.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
It's a pleasant, sunny day here but only in the mid-50's so I'll have to wear a jacket when going out to the library later this afternoon. I meant to do that and to retrieve the mail that I didn't get during the rainy days but somehow never got to it once I got all wrapped up in downloading and installing Big Sur on my machines.

Top Bottom
1 2