What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s so beautiful and peaceful today. It’s 11:30 and I’m still sitting on the deck. Evidently that’s what I’m doing today.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I had intended to go to the library today but decided against that and instead just took a walk around the lake and shot a few photos -- it is very pleasant, mid-50's and in the sun feels warmer than that. We're due for some rain tomorrow so figured I'd better get out and enjoy it today. I also took out the trash and picked up several days' worth of mail (which still wasn't very much, as I had anticipated).

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Tonight celebrating! 🎉🍷🍾🥂

We have waited to see this scene for the past nearly 12 months.

View attachment 1366

View attachment 1367

To see the odious Dominic Cummings leave No. 10 with his box.

He is gone.

Too late, considering the massive amount of harm he masterminded… but…

Thank fuck for this!

Having a look back a few days: Pageantry aside, questions arise on whether Dominic Cummings' exit was mostly stage show... since there's at least one side door from 10 Downing Street... and will Boris now hire him as a consultant?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1327308467376447488/

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems life tells you and you don’t listen. My wife and I go on a long ride on our e tandem “the beast” on Sundays but everything was getting in the way. We usually get up around 6 or so but my wife did not sleep well so she slept to 8 or so that killed the early ride. Then I had someone coming to pickup my lego millennium falcon 600.00 I wanted to get that and they took till 1:30 instead of 11:30 of course it stoped rain the whole time. Funnily we get ready and start off 1/2 a mile later the main chain beaks. I just checked it for wear that morning and it was close to .5 but not there yet. But we had a jam-up of the two chains a couple weeks ago and I think it damaged a link. As the timing chain pooped a quick link apart the week before. I could have fixed it but we walked home and I put a new chain on. Finally get going and we are caught in a hard downpour. With both had rain gear on but my wife forgot her hood on her rain jacket and my rain rain resistant tights funneled the water into my shoes. Not a huge deal we stopped by a favorite Chinese restaurant to grab our order but it made us feel the cold and we froze the rest of the way home
But we got 21 miles in a short ride but not too bad.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Got a call from Mrs AFB this morning. My tyre is flat. How flat I ask? Very flat. Couldn't even remember if her car had a spare (it doesn't). Anyway someone was in the house servicing the heating system otherwise I'd have driven to her.

So she drives it home (it was very, very flat!). Had a compressor in the boot (trunk to you guys!), so filled it up and could here the air escaping. Could even see the nail.
So drove it back to town (where she had been) and took it to the tyre place. Needless to say the tyre couldn't be repaired (can they ever?). Oh and all the tyres are cracked and will fail the MOT. Oh and just for clicks we can';t get them until tomorrow.
So tomorrow I'll be filling it up again to take a slow drive to town (about 6 miles).

Why are her tyres cracked? Probably lack of use!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
As I recently learned with my Acura, unfortunately if a car doesn't get driven much, then the tires will develop rubber. rot and cracking, which of course can be unsafe and lead to unpleasant situations. I'm mindful of this now with my new car, and hopefully will drive her more frequently than I had been the Acura. The last seven or eight months, of course, with the Pandemic, really meant I was driving very, very little. Not good for the car, not good for the tires!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Today is an afternoon of catching up with laundry, as I seem to have gotten behind again. Instead of doing some one day and another load a different day, linens on yet another day, today it's back to my more customary routine of doing the whole shebang all in one day. Not planning to go out anywhere so this is a good time to get it out of my way for another couple of weeks....

I also want to get out and vacuum the new car, as I noticed some leafs and odds-and-ends of little bits of broken leaves again in the driver's side, obviously having come from my shoes, plus some little bits of something-or-other in the hatch cargo compartment, probably stuff that flaked off the cardboard that I took to the recycling area last week, so will use my nice new cordless vacuum that I purchased for specifically this purpose.

Sunshine keeps coming in-and-out, clouds appear and then disappear for a while and new ones come along to replace them. It is a pleasant day, in terms of temperature, but tomorrow is supposed to be our first really cold day -- in the 40's. Brrrr!!!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
That is a good idea -- or I can write it in on my shopping list, as our grocery store pharmacy is offering the shots, and I'd be in there anyway.... I really need to get this done, both for my own protection and everyone else's, just as I dutifully put on a mask when going out, and make sure I have either a bottle of hand sanitizer or a sanitizing hand wipe with me.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Tires crack/rot from both age and nonuse, and obviously, many of us are getting a lot of the latter. Speaking of, I need some new tires, mine aren't cracked, they've experienced HP related devastation :D

I'm going to use a service that does M&B right in the driveway, seems pretty cool, and they use high end equipment.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I still need to get to the pharmacy or a walk-in clinic for a flu shot.....I keep putting it off and/or forgetting it when I am out-and-about. This year of all years it is especially important!

Agreed.

Put a sticky note in your car or something. Make sure you do it the next time you’re out.

An excellent idea.

That is a good idea -- or I can write it in on my shopping list, as our grocery store pharmacy is offering the shots, and I'd be in there anyway.... I really need to get this done, both for my own protection and everyone else's, just as I dutifully put on a mask when going out, and make sure I have either a bottle of hand sanitizer or a sanitizing hand wipe with me.

A reminder close to hand might help.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Usually I am not in any big rush when I'm just going to the grocery store, so it isn't as though a little time spent getting the injection before then going on to do my shopping would be any sort of inconvenience.... Just need to get my act together and do it!

Thanks to the good suggestions, I now have it actually included on my usual shopping list, which of course will be going with me the next time I need groceries.

Top Bottom
1 2