What are you doing today?

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Today I'll run the errands I didn't do yesterday..... It's a pleasant, sunny day, which always makes it nicer when out-and-about, and I really need to get these things done.

A knock on the door this morning -- another neighbor bearing a gift! This is a lovely Merlot, with the enchanting name of "Smoking Loon." The guy is a new resident here, he's originally from California, so no surprise that this wine is from a California winery..... So I'm all set for the holidays as far as booze goes: wine and beer! :)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I want you all to know that after spending way too much time doing a peer review of a horrible paper, when I went to submit it, I found that one of the authors had resubmitted. I told my partner I’d already spent enough time on it and she should look at the updated one. Then...because I couldn’t help myself...I downloaded the new version. And ya know what? It still sucked! I realize they’re a year behind me, but how did they get this far without knowing that there’s a Word template for APA format? There must have been three different fonts used, and the spacing was all over the place.

Gahhhhh!!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I notice some similarities to your days.
Yes, I suspect that our days are quite similar, at times.

The coffee has just arrived (I had run out yesterday, - even though I ordered the coffee on Monday), and I am now in the process of thoroughly enjoying a mug of fresh coffee from El Salvador with organic, full fat, hot milk.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Today I'll run the errands I didn't do yesterday..... It's a pleasant, sunny day, which always makes it nicer when out-and-about, and I really need to get these things done.

A knock on the door this morning -- another neighbor bearing a gift! This is a lovely Merlot, with the enchanting name of "Smoking Loon." The guy is a new resident here, he's originally from California, so no surprise that this wine is from a California winery..... So I'm all set for the holidays as far as booze goes: wine and beer! :)

Ran my errands today that I had intended to do yesterday, and now am relaxing at home with the first of my treats from my friend in Austria: A lovely Jever Pilsner from the far North of Germany. Delicious!

Enjoy your wine and your beer.

Today, it is overcast, dark, dreary, and threatening, so my errands shall be deferred until tomorrow.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's Jever, which I poured into one of my La Chouffe chalices rather than a Pilsner glass. I always like to use the La Chouffe this time of year, as the little elf guy with this red cap and green bag walking among the pine trees in the forest reminds me of Santa Claus. Christmasy colors! Looking at the calendar I realized that this will work out perfectly: next week, I'll have another of the gift beers, the following week, Christmas week, another, and then on New Year's, the final one.....

Also had some of that delicious pumpkin bread last evening, too, as a finish to dinner -- it makes for a lovely dessert! Also it's wonderful with coffee, so is great for breakfast, too....

It is overcast, dark and dreary here as well, and that makes me glad that I did go out yesterday. Today I'll do some things around the house, maybe shoot a photo or two, and decide what I want to read next. Finished Architects of Memory, which was well-written but definitely Science Fiction in a big way -- dystopian world and all that. I can see why people who do love that genre have been excited about this author and her debut SF novel -- Karen Osborne is an excellent writer, with good character development, interesting plot, etc., etc.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My package arrived but I never did get out to the bank today, as while waiting for the delivery I had gotten busy with shooting something -- another "experiment" -- and then while I was looking through them on the computer, a knock on the door -- and here was another delivery guy, this time from DHL, with a package from a friend from overseas. Had fun opening that -- five bottles of beers from various places in Austria and Germany! One bottle, unfortunately, didn't survive the trip, the box looked pretty banged-up, especially on one corner (must've had a rough journey!) but thankfully was well enough wrapped so that the liquid didn't get all over everything else and the broken glass remained confined within the wrapping, too. So I'm in for a delicious treat -- four delicious treats, actually -- and each beer will have its own distinct flavor due to the hops and such. Such a delight! The beers are resting comfortably now so I'll have my first taste of one tomorrow....

Then this evening another knock on the door -- sheesh, Grand Central Station!! -- and it was a friend from a neighboring building bringing her annual Christmas banana/pumpkin bread -- another delicious treat!!!! Mmmmm.....

As I had predicted, later in the afternoon the library sent an email informing me that the reserved book is now on the Holds Shelf for pickup, so I'm glad I had planned to go there tomorrow rather than today. I also have a few things on my list to pick up at the grocery store tomorrow, too, while I'm out anyway.

Holy smokes, we need pics ... or ever better, an invite over :D

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
My rowing machine came today! I bought to use til hockey starts up again!
I'd love a rowing machine. But my cross trainer takes up enough space in the garage! But I've built up to 35 minute sessions everyday now since I got my first AW a few months back. It does get a little boring. I don't think I could do longer (mentally).

My day was pretty much the standard.

6am wake up and cross trainer for 35 minutes
breakfast/shower leave the house about 7:25.
Work 8 till 5 something (with a quick 1 mile walk whilst I talk to Mrs AFB at lunch).
Drive home, eat dinner, spend a bit of time with Mrs AFB watching TV and then off to work again until late from the home office.

At least I get Saturday off!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed last night's Jever, which I poured into one of my La Chouffe chalices rather than a Pilsner glass. I always like to use the La Chouffe this time of year, as the little elf guy with this red cap and green bag walking among the pine trees in the forest reminds me of Santa Claus. Christmasy colors! Looking at the calendar I realized that this will work out perfectly: next week, I'll have another of the gift beers, the following week, Christmas week, another, and then on New Year's, the final one.....

Also had some of that delicious pumpkin bread last evening, too, as a finish to dinner -- it makes for a lovely dessert! Also it's wonderful with coffee, so is great for breakfast, too....

It is overcast, dark and dreary here as well, and that makes me glad that I did go out yesterday. Today I'll do some things around the house, maybe shoot a photo or two, and decide what I want to read next. Finished Architects of Memory, which was well-written but definitely Science Fiction in a big way -- dystopian world and all that. I can see why people who do love that genre have been excited about this author and her debut SF novel -- Karen Osborne is an excellent writer, with good character development, interesting plot, etc., etc.

I love the glassware (and the bottles) from Achouffe, very seasonal, agreed.

Glad you enjoyed your beer.

For my part, I am sipping a glass of Riesling, a white wine from Germany.

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I'd love a rowing machine. But my cross trainer takes up enough space in the garage! But I've built up to 35 minute sessions everyday now since I got my first AW a few months back. It does get a little boring. I don't think I could do longer (mentally).

My day was pretty much the standard.

6am wake up and cross trainer for 35 minutes
breakfast/shower leave the house about 7:25.
Work 8 till 5 something (with a quick 1 mile walk whilst I talk to Mrs AFB at lunch).
Drive home, eat dinner, spend a bit of time with Mrs AFB watching TV and then off to work again until late from the home office.

At least I get Saturday off!
The rowing machine takes up no space at all. That's why I bought it. It folds up and goes in the pantry.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Snowed here today... so I hung out in the house and let the deer fend for themselves... they'll be tracked now pretty easily by hunters for a day or two until some 40-degree weather rides back in, because the those few inches of snow stuck and you can see their hoofprints from afar very easily.

The snow makes it easier for owls to see their rabbit suppers more easily too.. unsettling to look out the kitchen window this morning and see tracks that went from under the spruce tree out into the middle of the yard and then quit: hop hop, hop hop hop... hop, hop... PLUMPH.

It was enough to switch my lunch plan from chicken salad sandwich to a bean and cheese burrito!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My rowing machine came today! I bought to use til hockey starts up again!

I like ours quite a bit, I use it as a pre-strength cardio/warmup/stretch. What kind did you get, we have this Sunny:

It's in the landing room, it does fold up nicely, it's next to the spin bike :)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
my wife is blind but can see light and colors. we both don't drive but we would walk around our neighborhood to check out Christmas lights. but thats pretty limited. now with our tandem we can go on Christmas light hunts. this was the first one. 10 miles at 40 degrees. I know behind our place there are a lot of rich houses with a lot of hill climbing we may do that next. I would just look down streets for lights and then turn down them if I saw many. looks like a drunk walking (G) streets I have never been on.
Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 8.09.42 PM.jpg

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
I like ours quite a bit, I use it as a pre-strength cardio/warmup/stretch. What kind did you get, we have this Sunny:

It's in the landing room, it does fold up nicely, it's next to the spin bike :)
I got a Sunny as well! But I got the hydraulic one.

Top Bottom
1 2