What are you doing today?

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Terrific to see you, @leekohler2; you are very welcome, I am delighted that you felt you could join us, please do make yourself at home.

Actually, I thought that MR treated you very shabbily a number of years ago, when they suspended you.
Thank you and agreed. But what's done is done. It's their site and they can do what they want. It's not my loss. :)

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, yesterday I found out my brother (he's a nurse) has Covid. He's getting over it, but his live-in girlfriend is just starting.

Then today I found out my son-in-law has it. My daughter was complaining about horrible sinus headaches last week, so they're telling her she probably had it too. They probably got it from our grandsons who are asymptomatic, but as you know that doesn't mean anything. Kids in their school had it.

I've been staying away from everybody. I'm like one of those movie characters who, when he hears somebody banging on the door and pleading to be let in so the zombies don't get him, won't open the door. 😁

I did, however, go pick up their groceries for them today. I mask up, of course, and have them put them in the hatch of my very long minivan. And I delivered them to their garage, not to them directly.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been staying away from everybody. I'm like one of those movie characters who, when he hears somebody banging on the door and pleading to be let in so the zombies don't get him, won't open the door. 😁
That’s exactly how my son (in Brooklyn) is. Then again, he didn’t open the door before the pandemic.

I’m curious to see how life changes for my daughter when she moves from NYC, where they have such tough restrictions, to FL - where anything goes.

What am I doing today? Probably my peer review. It’s so close to the end of the term there’s not much left.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Waiting for a package to be delivered, and after that arrives -- it's a couple more photo surface boards, so the package is large and I don't want it standing outside my door too long -- I'll get in the car and take my updated external drives to the bank to swap out with the ones in my safe deposit box so that's done for another month...... Also I have a book that I could drop off at the library but I'm in the middle of another that I might well finish tonight so I think I'll hold off on going to the library this afternoon. One of the books I have had on reserve is also in transit somewhere along the line, too, so might as well wait until that arrives on the Holds shelf for me to pick up, too -- that way I'll be accomplishing three library tasks with one visit. Can't tell you how many times I've been to the library and the very next day I get a notice that a Hold has come in and is waiting....

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well I was going to do a peer review today. They were due yesterday so that we could review them before this Thursday. But, of course, the other team is late. I can only hope they are penalized for it. So annoying!

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Well I was going to do a peer review today. They were due yesterday so that we could review them before this Thursday. But, of course, the other team is late. I can only hope they are penalized for it. So annoying!
Give em hell. :)

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
My package arrived but I never did get out to the bank today, as while waiting for the delivery I had gotten busy with shooting something -- another "experiment" -- and then while I was looking through them on the computer, a knock on the door -- and here was another delivery guy, this time from DHL, with a package from a friend from overseas. Had fun opening that -- five bottles of beers from various places in Austria and Germany! One bottle, unfortunately, didn't survive the trip, the box looked pretty banged-up, especially on one corner (must've had a rough journey!) but thankfully was well enough wrapped so that the liquid didn't get all over everything else and the broken glass remained confined within the wrapping, too. So I'm in for a delicious treat -- four delicious treats, actually -- and each beer will have its own distinct flavor due to the hops and such. Such a delight! The beers are resting comfortably now so I'll have my first taste of one tomorrow....

Then this evening another knock on the door -- sheesh, Grand Central Station!! -- and it was a friend from a neighboring building bringing her annual Christmas banana/pumpkin bread -- another delicious treat!!!! Mmmmm.....

As I had predicted, later in the afternoon the library sent an email informing me that the reserved book is now on the Holds Shelf for pickup, so I'm glad I had planned to go there tomorrow rather than today. I also have a few things on my list to pick up at the grocery store tomorrow, too, while I'm out anyway.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes! I’m going to do my peer review today. The other group finally posted last night. Then I have to finish up two other assignments that are due tomorrow and I’m done for the week. I still can’t believe the term is over next week. Man, do I ever need the upcoming Christmas break!

leekohler2

Power User
Reaction score
Yes! I’m going to do my peer review today. The other group finally posted last night. Then I have to finish up two other assignments that are due tomorrow and I’m done for the week. I still can’t believe the term is over next week. Man, do I ever need the upcoming Christmas break!
Yay!

Other than work, I am gonna try to do the leather in my car today. I might even do laundry.

Top Bottom
1 2