What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I almost bought a fold-up treadmill. But decided I couldn’t take my husband’s laughter as he asks me how long I’ll use it until I get tired of it and want to move onto something else.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Years ago I bought this exercise thingy -- it's not really a bike or a rowing machine but is supposed to provide some of the benefits of each; I got it because I felt it would be useful in my recovery from surgery for a herniation at L-5/S1. Due to lack of space I had the guy set up the machine in the master bedroom. Well...... That was some years ago. Every now and then if I think of it I'll get on the thing and use it for its intended purpose, but in the meantime -- which is most of the time -- the handle bars section makes a dandy place for draping clothes that may need a little extra time to fully dry after being removed from the dryer, or when I've taken something off and haven't yet hung it up or put it into a drawer....!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Years ago I bought this exercise thingy -- it's not really a bike or a rowing machine but is supposed to provide some of the benefits of each; I got it because I felt it would be useful in my recovery from surgery for a herniation at L-5/S1. Due to lack of space I had the guy set up the machine in the master bedroom. Well...... That was some years ago. Every now and then if I think of it I'll get on the thing and use it for its intended purpose, but in the meantime -- which is most of the time -- the handle bars section makes a dandy place for draping clothes that may need a little extra time to fully dry after being removed from the dryer, or when I've taken something off and haven't yet hung it up or put it into a drawer....!

A new avatar!

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I‘ve taken a few days R&R. The only things on the agenda is food, drinks, movies, books, saunas, showers, and sleep.

7AD51498-E7CA-404D-971E-52084ADDD9BF.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We went to the drug store today and then swung by Burger King for fresh hot Incredible Whoppers and fries. That will be all the excitement we can muster for one day. Once next week is over, I plan on getting out to do some kayaking.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
We went to the drug store today and then swung by Burger King for fresh hot Incredible Whoppers and fries. That will be all the excitement we can muster for one day. Once next week is over, I plan on getting out to do some kayaking.

I confess that Burger King whoppers and fries are my one draw to a pass through a fast food place. Been awhile now... at least I've quit dreaming about them!

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Wait....what? I thought you were vegetarian???!!

U

User.45

Should be preparing for job talks, but of course I cornered myself into reviewing this manuscript for a journal instead. It's a topic I wrote a paper on 5 years ago and kinda abandoned since, and this manuscript looked into the same thing with similar results but don't cite me and claim they were the first to do such analysis. My mentors spend <2H reviewing bigger papers, and I'm like on the 5th hour coming up with (in my opinion) better ways to analyze their data. It's a struggle because I think their data is good and very hard to come by, but they analyzed it in a not very meaningful way.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Wait....what? I thought you were vegetarian???!

Nope, but I might as well be for most of the time. I used to love Szechuan shredded beef takeout in NY, done up w/ julienned carrots, green onions... Never managed to cook a great approximation of that up here. I still miss the city for all the great foods and the truth of "the city never sleeps."

I'd say around 80% of my meals end up vegetarian but not vegan. Love most veggies and greens. I cook with tofu and all kinds of beans and legumes, and nuts like cashews and peanuts. Love to cook Asian style or Indian, Not a big fan of most sweet fruits or berries usually, but I like apples, pears, peaches, kiwis, mango. Bread and other carbs... yeah I should never be in a potato chip aisle unsupervised.

And then there's that pretty rare mission to nail a BK whopper and fries. Inexplicable, I know.

U

User.45

Review submitted. Now now working a little on a study to be opened, then a paper to be submitted, meet my medstudent to get some analyses done in a 3rd project, then write my clinical notes, and prep for job talks.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Review submitted. Now now working a little on a study to be opened, then a paper to be submitted, meet my medstudent to get some analyses done in a 3rd project, then write my clinical notes, and prep for job talks.

...and I made chicken soup. So, we are basically making the same contributions to society. :LOL:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait....what? I thought you were vegetarian???!!

Haha!! Impossible Whopper is the sandwich made with ImpossibleTM meat. My husband always gets them now too, cause you really can’t tell the difference between that and ground beef. I get BeyondTM meat at home to make burgers. But sometimes you just want a nice hot burger with fries that someone else fixed.

Top Bottom
1 2