What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Cross trainer this morning. Then took my camera with me for our lunchtime walk as we had a bit of sun after last nights storms. Just going through them in LR now.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
CITI training.... It's like someone made it their mission to make the otherwise kinda interesting material as dull and boring as possible.
Thus far I've done it at 5 institutions...

It's actually a pretty good read if one wants to learn the history why African-Americans are so suspicious of the system (because the mistrust is justified).
I mentioned it to my mother on FaceTime last night and she rolled her eyes. Evidently she had to do it annually when she was working at the Child Testing Center in Albany. Gah.

It would be a better read if it was just the history part. But they don’t even get into anything beyond Tuskegee. Ah well. It’s not like I don’t have plenty of time right now.

U

User.45

I mentioned it to my mother on FaceTime last night and she rolled her eyes. Evidently she had to do it annually when she was working at the Child Testing Center in Albany. Gah.

It would be a better read if it was just the history part. But they don’t even get into anything beyond Tuskegee. Ah well. It’s not like I don’t have plenty of time right now.
Annual CITI training. Exciting...
Honestly, they should make it a video format at this point...

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Tidying the house throughout and finding a place for about 300 toys. Also sorting cardboard, soft and hard plastics from all the presents. I literally have 6 bags full of plastic and 9 bags of cardboard. I was rather sad on Christmas Day and booked a slot at the local tip for tomorrow lol.

U

User.45

Going over a book chapter I was asked to contribute to. Luckily this time I'm more on the review and not the writing end...Plus the person who asked me is very senior and this stuff already looks golden and so far i could only add very minor comments. Publishing doesn't always have to be painful.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had a pan heating on the stove on real low like I do every day for breakfast. the nest smoke detector goes off and smoke is poring out of the pan. checked and the knob was right the burner acted like it was on high. I have never liked this stove and the front panel with oven control pushed in a few months ago. so it needed replaced. even with a flat top it takes forever to eat up and I have been using one burner mainly and I had a induction burner sitting on the other side as that burner Wass so slow at heating. so time to get a new stove with induction burners. it will make life for my blind wife easier to clean too. I mostly use a good toaster oven for the oven part but this has a convection over with air fry feature. hate to spend 1200 on a stove that I only use a little bit of. but almost all of my pans work on inception so we are good there,

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Tidying the house throughout and finding a place for about 300 toys. Also sorting cardboard, soft and hard plastics from all the presents. I literally have 6 bags full of plastic and 9 bags of cardboard. I was rather sad on Christmas Day and booked a slot at the local tip for tomorrow lol.
We don’t have to book at our tip. It’s not too far from here and is the best one I’ve ever used. Just another thing I prefer since we moved.
Not that I’ve had much use of it since the renovations are done. Our bins are never more than half filled. Usually more like a quarter. Especially the rubbish one.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I had a pan heating on the stove on real low like I do every day for breakfast. the nest smoke detector goes off and smoke is poring out of the pan. checked and the knob was right the burner acted like it was on high. I have never liked this stove and the front panel with oven control pushed in a few months ago. so it needed replaced. even with a flat top it takes forever to eat up and I have been using one burner mainly and I had a induction burner sitting on the other side as that burner Wass so slow at heating. so time to get a new stove with induction burners. it will make life for my blind wife easier to clean too. I mostly use a good toaster oven for the oven part but this has a convection over with air fry feature. hate to spend 1200 on a stove that I only use a little bit of. but almost all of my pans work on inception so we are good there,
Induction hobs are great. But we did have to replace a few pans when we first made the switch.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We don’t have to book at our tip. It’s not too far from here and is the best one I’ve ever used. Just another thing I prefer since we moved.
Not that I’ve had much use of it since the renovations are done. Our bins are never more than half filled. Usually more like a quarter. Especially the rubbish one.

By and large, I get the impression that the move was a success for you.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
We’ve got really strict recycling guidelines and our bin is only emptied every 3 weeks. The tip is regulated too with a declaration of what to you taking before you arrive. It’s still busy but since COVID it’s a booking only system to prevent the queues we used to have. It’s quite a pleasant experience now and I hope the booking system is here to stay. I could be driving there in the snow tomorrow as it’s started already.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Induction hobs are great. But we did have to replace a few pans when we first made the switch.
I have been using an induction hot plate for couple of years as one of my main burners. so all but a couple pans are fine. but it may be a two week wait stores can't keep the appliances in stock. our local place only had one or two induction stoves on display as they have sold all the floor samples. had a ton of gas stoves and thew more normal stoves. the lowest price induction they had. https://www.standardtvandappliance.com/cooking/ranges/electric-induction-range/GCRI3058AD/ not sure if we will use the air fry but tis nice to have.
look at this poor stove the center panel pushed in one day when I pushed a button. it would take 10 minutes for most of the burners to get to the right temps. so I only used the main one then a good induction burner.
IMG_1992.jpg

Last edited:
U

User.45

We’ve got really strict recycling guidelines and our bin is only emptied every 3 weeks. The tip is regulated too with a declaration of what to you taking before you arrive. It’s still busy but since COVID it’s a booking only system to prevent the queues we used to have. It’s quite a pleasant experience now and I hope the booking system is here to stay. I could be driving there in the snow tomorrow as it’s started already.
I daren't tell you what a joke recycling is here... "Recycling bins" combine anything recyclable...they used to ship this shit to China, but with the trade wars I suspect everything go in a landfill and recycling really is just for us to feel less guilty about our consumerism.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I've been busy the last little while with setting up my new M1 13" MBP! Since I do everything manually it takes a while but I am enjoying the process. I'm liking the Touch ID much more than I thought I would, it really does come in very handy, especially right now when setting everything up and having to put in passwords all the time! Dinnertime now so the continued setting-up of the new machine will have to wait a while, now, and the machine can take a break while I dine!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one of those awful flat top cook stoves. I’d love to trade it in for a gas range. An induction burner would be awesome.

Meanwhile I use the air fryer for almost everything, and the damn fire alarm goes off every time I use it.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one of those awful flat top cook stoves. I’d love to trade it in for a gas range. An induction burner would be awesome.

Meanwhile I use the air fryer for almost everything, and the damn fire alarm goes off every time I use it.
our hood sucks well it does not much and this stove had all the large burners in front so browning meat caused that o=issue. that was another reason nI got the induction burner as I can have it back father. I hate spending that much on a stove but I don't have enough power to run two induction burners at once. I almost never use more more then two burners. I have a really good toaster oven I cook bacon in every day. it heats instantly so you don't have to pre warm. but its hard to fit both of our meats in at once. but cooking bacon in a little convection oven is hard on them grease gets oil the fan and screws up the display so they are kind of disposable.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
We certainly don't have any regrets about leaving the old place. Especially with the new neighbours that moved in and the unhappy memories. But nothing has changed for us. Its been a very sad month. Especially for Mrs AFB. Lots of tears.

Yes, I can well imagine that December is a wicked month for you, but, it is also the aniversary of your move, and I think the new house, surroundings, neighbours, and privacy have enahnced your life and your quality of life.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Editing the most successful pieces from a journalism class for publication, which is really easy because the professors did all the hard work, while waiting for return calls.

And, enjoying my new monitor setup. Finally, getting into the work-from-home with some seriousness, and rigged up a spare DSLR as a webcam. Which solves several problems that had been nagging at me.

Part of this week will be the glory of backing up photographs, and moving everything around to a new NAS. My work finally bought me a new one, and it showed up this week.

Top Bottom
1 2