What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I‘m going to think how I’m going to respond to a $2000 bill from the county’s ambulance service to transport my wife 5 miles to the hospital and at most they gave her some O2 on the way. This is associated with and addition to the $4000 hospital bill with her getting heat stroke standing in line to vote And spending 4 hours in the emergency room while they “observed her”. Just because they bill an outrageous amount, I‘ll be talking to my lawyer and insurance company about it.

Yes, I can afford to pay it, but the question is should I?

What is semi-amusing is that they sent me a form to fill out for financial assistance which I ignored, then I got a letter saying financial assistance has been denied, and now I expect they will send me a bill to be paid in full, except I won’t be paying it in full, at least not all at once. First if it’s not itemized, I’ll be asking for an itemized billing. The discussion with my lawyer will concern negotiating a price after the fact, as we were not privy to the charges up front.

The last time my wife was at the emergency room several years ago, after being billed, I told the billing agency I was going to be making monthly payments, they could take it or leave it. They took it.
So glad we don’t face bills like that. But from what I read the ambulances are struggling to drop people off. It’s as busy in the hospitals now as it was at the previous peak. But of course winter always pushes the numbers up.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I only spent an hour on it just as a bit of an escape to be honest.

It’s snowed here all day but the ground is so wet, it’s only sticking in the lawn. It’s so cold though with a wind chill that cuts straight through you. No walking today I don’t think.
Ended up taking some work calls. Sigh. Never stops does it?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Asda home delivery arrived nice and early and now accidentally offending people on Mac Rumours
emoji2359.png

Yep, it's here:

Everyone report that asshole, he's an ignorant, obnoxious fuckwit to begin with, but to compound that, MUH GUN content needs to be in the gun picture thread, not in a Christmas thread (I don't care if they were presents or not). I reported it, of course, Weasel did nothing, but maybe a report will eventually be seen by a moderator who's not a gutless POS. :) I mean, on the week a man gets gunned down in his own garage? And not even just a picture of firearms, but rounds specifically designed to _kill_people_.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yep, it's here:

Everyone report that asshole, he's an ignorant, obnoxious fuckwit to begin with, but to compound that, MUH GUN content needs to be in the gun picture thread, not in a Christmas thread (I don't care if they were presents or not). I reported it, of course, Weasel did nothing, but maybe a report will eventually be seen by a moderator who's not a gutless POS. :) I mean, on the week a man gets gunned down in his own garage? And not even just a picture of firearms, but rounds specifically designed to _kill_people_.
I’ll probably be the one who gets a warning reminder on that one if that Weasel chap gets involved lol. I totally agree with you, he knew by posting it it was controversial and wanted a response. I made my feelings known without going to far off track :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I’ll probably be the one who gets a warning reminder on that one if that Weasel chap gets involved lol. I totally agree with you, he knew by posting it it was controversial and wanted a response. I made my feelings known without going to far off track :)

I followed up with another post, details in the refugees thread :D You had an absolutely amazingly calm response to his idiotic, halfwit responses ...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Anyway, the washing machine has been emptied, fresh bedlinen on the beds, and there are books to read, beer to drink, and dinner to be prepared.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Dinner will be basmati rice (in the rice cooker, but using turkey stock from yesterday), ramen noodles (in turkey stock), and what is left from yesterday's roasted vegetables.

I plan to prepare Indonesian rice tomorrow.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Phoned a few cousins (the kind of kind souls who had sent Christmas cards to myself and Decent Brother) and had some lovely and very agreeable chats.

Now, book and beer beckon....

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Yesterday, it struck me that the normal schedule, or timetable, for the bin collection might be disrupted on account of the Christmas & New Year holiday (as it was last year, which I suspect had someting to do with the fact that Christmas Day & the New Year may have fallen on the day the bins are collected).

Anyway, I phoned the bin company yesterday, and they confirmed that today's collection shall proceed as normal, and kindly followed that with a text to the same effect, last night.

So, bins out.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And bins have been emptied and have been returned to their respective niches; meanwhile, as I had run out of milk, I ventured out to the local shop where organic milk (and cream) had both been kept for me.

Brrrr.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Can’t believe it’s already December 30th. Considering we’ve spent 5/6 of the year in a pandemic, it’s moves awfully fast. I’m not holding my breath for 2021 though. Maybe 2022.

Today, it’s another visit with the therapist. Part of me is really enjoying this down time. Part of me is already bored silly.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went for a therapy session today. The old therapist hasn’t returned since they closed for Covid. I took a recommendation from a friend who is also an OT. This new lady is wonderful. She believes in whole body lymphatic treatment, not just treating the affected area. I came out of there today feeling really awesome. And ordered a new compression sleeve.
Is this massage? My wife swears by it.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Yesterday I never got to the grocery store as I had originally intended to do -- instead became distracted by shooting some photos and then processing them one way and then deciding to convert to B&W, all of which took a fair amount of time. After that I wasn't interested in going to the store any more and instead was happy to just pour myself my usual late-afternoon/pre-dinner beer..... So today I am headed out the store because tomorrow and New Year's Day are both going to be rainy (not to mention that also of course there is the pre-holiday busyness and then the actual holiday itself). Today's a better day to go out, anyway, as it is a bit warmer than it was yesterday.

Top Bottom
1 2