What are you doing today?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
And why do we hate those, again?:)
You are welcome to feel however you like about any business and provide them profits in exchange for you money for stuff. Hobby Lobby, like CFA, is run by dominionist christain theocrats who want everyone to adhere to their religious values. Hobby Lobby is everywhere because they squeeze most of their employees as much as possible and sell cheap Chinese garbage (much like another well-known retailer). I am not sure about CFA's labor practices. Home Depot is just owned by a right-wing shithead, so I avoid it (having alternatives).

U

User.45

You are welcome to feel however you like about any business and provide them profits in exchange for you money for stuff. Hobby Lobby, like CFA, is run by dominionist christain theocrats who want everyone to adhere to their religious values. Hobby Lobby is everywhere because they squeeze most of their employees as much as possible and sell cheap Chinese garbage (much like another well-known retailer). I am not sure about CFA's labor practices. Home Depot is just owned by a right-wing shithead, so I avoid it (having alternatives).
I've only been to HD all these companies. I don't think any of the states I've lived in had HL. Isn't Lowe's this category too?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Isn't Lowe's this category too?
It may be, but I have a hard time forgiving HD for their history – especially their strong support for W. Fortunately, we have a local-ish hardware chain that is the place to go. Several times, my former boss went looking for a machine part, tried everywhere else, and, of course, the local store was the one that had it. Every damn time. If I have the option to avoid the big chain, I will.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
As a supposedly liberal type, I know I'm not supposed to like Chik-Fil-A, but...damnit, their chicken is so damn good.

I don’t eat chicken. Apparently CFA has backtracked on their anti-gay stuff. I think the blowback they got in California hurt them.

But oh their milkshakes! They are divine. And so good when you are sick.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It may be, but I have a hard time forgiving HD for their history – especially their strong support for W. Fortunately, we have a local-ish hardware chain that is the place to go. Several times, my former boss went looking for a machine part, tried everywhere else, and, of course, the local store was the one that had it. Every damn time. If I have the option to avoid the big chain, I will.

One of my bros switched to Lowes or local Ace from HD for home improvement materials after HD tried to deliver him some deck lumber that had been underwater after the Susquehanna rose up in the 2006 flood : "Like we maybe wouldn't notice?"

Yep the Home Dep 2006.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
That looks like Soddy Daisy, straight up.

Well we're way north of there but we were at least a buncha soggy daisies that summer....

I had to look up Soddy Daisy tbh. So there's a nuke power plant there. At least we didn't have one of those getting overrun by the Susquehanna that summer.

lizkat

Reaction score
Yup. We're all pretty sure that's the reason why everyone there has such lumpy heads.

Not to sound completely irreligious, I might have thought it would be from having the Bible beat into their noggins. But maybe not all of Tennessee is so inclined.

On another note entirely, today was such a gorgeous late-late summer day that one of the cartoons in today's paper made perfect sense to me, and I haven't got a damn thing done on my to-do list unless I decide to call "bench pressing" my dance workout for the day. So tempting to just laze around outside while I can still do that in short sleeves. Weird how we get this nice warm day after a frost warning last night and a cold start to the morning. But I'm not complaining!

cartoon - Bench Press.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Zoom job interview at fancy place #2.

The best of luck.

That’s almost a pity. You look forward to extra niceties like lunch when you interview for fancy places when it’s not a pandemic.

No.

I am rather partial to my food, would class myself as an excellent chef, and a somewhat greedy gourmand, but am also someone who savours food, and lunch, the sort of working lunch a job interview may entail - even if that lunch takes place in a really decent restaurant - would (or could) have me in a cold sweat - begging internal questions along the lines of will I spill something (on what my mother used to term her "continental shelf"), the structure of the day inhibiting honest enjoyment.

I mean: You really can't fight them over the bread rolls, or ask to sample their dish, or steal a last lingering prawn, or display your own (rather extensive) knowledge of fine wines......not in that context, not if you really want the job you are interviewing for.

Me, I'm happy to have coffee (and it had better be good coffee: snap judgments can go both ways....a cat can look at a king, after all), with interviewers: Lunch can wait until after I am on the payroll.

U

User.45

That’s almost a pity. You look forward to extra niceties like lunch when you interview for fancy places when it’s not a pandemic.

Went well, up for round #2. Been very lucky these opportunities. It's almost like it's worth it working 7 days a week, 10 hours a day (it's not). Though my new habit of foruming def reduced my productivity.

lizkat

Reaction score
Ain't no quackery science going on up in here. This is about basical radiation based genetic MEW-tations, son.

Also, I ate banana pudding. It was good. I bought this pudding from the store.

I am starting to think your cats are not only posting on your behalf while your missing tooth plagues you, but have been out shopping for your pudding and god knows what else they may fancy while they're at it.

Top Bottom
1 2