What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
My sister-in-law phoned for a chat for an hour; this week is the anniversary of the death of her father, and she hasn't been able to travel to Germany since then.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So far I have accomplished nothing particularly useful or interesting today! LOL!

I just recently skipped past some newspaper's book review section that was featuring a couple of books on the Dutch version of the fine art of doing nothing... and figured I'm already pretty good at that once in awhile myself, so maybe I don't need that sort of encouragement. Still might wander back and read the reviews though. Doing nothing (guilt-free !!) is an art and can be very refreshing.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I just recently skipped past some newspaper's book review section that was featuring a couple of books on the Dutch version of the fine art of doing nothing... and figured I'm already pretty good at that once in awhile myself, so maybe I don't need that sort of encouragement. Still might wander back and read the reviews though. Doing nothing (guilt-free !!) is an art and can be very refreshing.

More than refreshing, and even more than liberating.

For, it is often in the free association of ideas - the relaxed collision of thoughts - one can have - while (ostensibly) doing nothing, thta one can have one's most creative, or original, ideas.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Just scored my first Covid appointment with the Cleveland Clinic. 🙃

Other than that, it's just laundry. Oh, and I picked up a bunch of branches in the back yard today because the lawn service wants to pre-treat for dandelions.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Crashing on a tandem is fun you tend to fall on the bike. me I tend to land on the end of the handle bars this is the second time. I took the hit right in the groin. the first time was more to the middle of leg and hip connection. then my shoulder hurt a lot too. my wife bunged up her leg and or knee she could not walk and she hit her helmeted head a little. her should had a torn spot in her coat and her helmet was scratched a little. but we found out later it was her Bose glasses were pushed into her face that caused the headache. my garmin messaged my daughter so she called she and her hubby came and she took us to urgent care and he grabbed the bike with a friend. well I guess that urgent care does not do imaging so we had to go to the emergency room. they were not busy but we were there from about 6 or so to 10:30 but I have a different lan so she was the only one seen. But I knew there was nothing they could do to help me but ice I cant take pain meds so I am pretty much on my own. they did not really do much for my wife but X-ray her leg and clean her cuts (not deep)
you have not seen anything till you see a blind person on crutches its a bit scary (G) my groin welled up like crazy. I had a ice pack on it all night. but it got worse after I got up so been living with ice on it and it as helped. but not sure if I can walk well enough to go to work tomorrow.
they reinstalled this post and I don't know if I did not see it or as I was checking the surroundings I drifted to the middle of the path I tend to do that when looking around but I think our peddles clipped it as you can see the bent crank arms.
Well I was going to have my son-in-law take it to a local bike franchise but it showed they were temporally closed. they are only 1/2 mile from our house. looks ike they got bought by Trek and wont be open till the 12th. so I planned on using the e bike storeI Bought two of my bikes at. I would have bought the tandem from them but they stopped caring them since no one would buy them till the pandemic hit. but they don't want to work on bikes they have not sold as they are too busy. (the owner was a great guy but I guess he sold it) there is a high end shop by my work farther away I may be able to use. I need to contact them tomorrow.
IMG_2365.jpeg
IMG_2366.jpeg
IMG_2364.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yes, it’s for the vaccine. 😄

Although I did have to get a Covid test before my most recent cardiac stress test a few months back. That was unpleasant but not quite as bad as I thought it would be.

Not to count my chickens first, but I’m looking forward to being able to say that an entire year of being careful is paying off for me.

U

User.45

Crashing on a tandem is fun you tend to fall on the bike. me I tend to land on the end of the handle bars this is the second time. I took the hit right in the groin. the first time was more to the middle of leg and hip connection. then my shoulder hurt a lot too. my wife bunged up her leg and or knee she could not walk and she hit her helmeted head a little. her should had a torn spot in her coat and her helmet was scratched a little. but we found out later it was her Bose glasses were pushed into her face that caused the headache. my garmin messaged my daughter so she called she and her hubby came and she took us to urgent care and he grabbed the bike with a friend. well I guess that urgent care does not do imaging so we had to go to the emergency room. they were not busy but we were there from about 6 or so to 10:30 but I have a different lan so she was the only one seen. But I knew there was nothing they could do to help me but ice I cant take pain meds so I am pretty much on my own. they did not really do much for my wife but X-ray her leg and clean her cuts (not deep)
you have not seen anything till you see a blind person on crutches its a bit scary (G) my groin welled up like crazy. I had a ice pack on it all night. but it got worse after I got up so been living with ice on it and it as helped. but not sure if I can walk well enough to go to work tomorrow.
they reinstalled this post and I don't know if I did not see it or as I was checking the surroundings I drifted to the middle of the path I tend to do that when looking around but I think our peddles clipped it as you can see the bent crank arms.
Well I was going to have my son-in-law take it to a local bike franchise but it showed they were temporally closed. they are only 1/2 mile from our house. looks ike they got bought by Trek and wont be open till the 12th. so I planned on using the e bike storeI Bought two of my bikes at. I would have bought the tandem from them but they stopped caring them since no one would buy them till the pandemic hit. but they don't want to work on bikes they have not sold as they are too busy. (the owner was a great guy but I guess he sold it) there is a high end shop by my work farther away I may be able to use. I need to contact them tomorrow.
View attachment 3897View attachment 3898View attachment 3899

Ouch. I would have missed that pole... from the right angle it just blends in with the yellow stripes. I guess it's there so cars don't ride there, but it seems fairly unnecessary. Ar you and you wife better now?

U

User.45

No earth shattering plans...catching up on documentation and wrapping up a presentation. I also promised myself this time not to nose dive into the obscure literature. I worked with the #1 clinical researcher of the topic, I just asked him to give me pointers and will just present the 7 papers he recommended. I almost feel guilty for not punishing myself with hours and hours of sorting articles.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
No earth shattering plans...catching up on documentation and wrapping up a presentation. I also promised myself this time not to nose dive into the obscure literature. I worked with the #1 clinical researcher of the topic, I just asked him to give me pointers and will just present the 7 papers he recommended. I almost feel guilty for not punishing myself with hours and hours of sorting articles.
Cheater. 😂😂😂

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ouch. I would have missed that pole... from the right angle it just blends in with the yellow stripes. I guess it's there so cars don't ride there, but it seems fairly unnecessary. Ar you and you wife better now?
with me carbs are a real problem with my body and I only eat some on the weekends. but sometimes they make me a little loopy and I notice I make some mistakes while riding. so I think thats what happened plus I tend to wander to the middle of the path when I am looking around . I have the biggest bruise and swelling down below you can imagine tons of ice all night long has helped but it is still really sore and hurts the most sitting down. my wife leg hurts a lot so she is hobbling around on crutches. so if I eat carbs no bike riding it does not take much to really screw up. I got an appointment for physical therapy but its in 2 weeks. I am trying to google what to do but I don't know what to look for to find what exercises that will help with a damaged pubic bone area injury. sitting makes it hurt worse. last time this happened when a dog ran out in front of us and we fell over I landed on the end of the bar where my leg and hip join. that one sitting or riding made it feel better and walking hurt more. just the opposite this time. the bruising is going to be so bad as it runs down both my legs this time. that hurt and felt so bad this time its going to be worse. this time I did a video chat with a doctor instead of going to urgent care.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Crashing on a tandem is fun you tend to fall on the bike. me I

Holy hell, sounds like you're both [mostly] OK, but that was quite spill. Good nothing showed as broken, maybe some deep tissue damage, ice/heat as needed, maybe some anti-inflammatories[?]

How are you and the missus doing after a couple of days recovery?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Holy hell, sounds like you're both [mostly] OK, but that was quite spill. Good nothing showed as broken, maybe some deep tissue damage, ice/heat as needed, maybe some anti-inflammatories[?]

How are you and the missus doing after a couple of days recovery?
ya lots of ice all night long for the last three nights for me. I had a icy crotch for sure. when I took a shower sunday it hurt so bad I don't know if I want to attempt heat anytime soon. but I am able to work today. standing is better then sitting so that works sicne I stand a lot at work. wifes leg hurts a loot and the crutches are not working well. I need to find her a walker but I think that will be limited too for her. I cant take any pain meds and the anti-inflammatories are way out they damage my esophagus. my wife said the alive did hot help her with the pain. the best way for me is to stretch out the area but I cant find out how to do it. its such a odd place.

Top Bottom
1 2