What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Working today. At least I’m not in the office like yesterday for 10 hours.
Also avoiding all news channels for the next week. I don’t give a toss about the royal family or the ‘revelations’ from the Opera show.
I’d rather put my arm through a mincemeat machine than watch it.

Amen to that: I know the feeling.

When you think both "sides" are equally awful (yes, for different reasons), it is probably better to steer well away from it all.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got all dressed up this morning and went to the doctor. From there, x-rays and then to make an appointment for PT 3 days a week. I'm guessing my shoulder pain is due to scar tissue and keloids.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Reading books and newspapers; perusing recipes (curries, or pasta dishes).

Watching a series of videos of two wonderful pilots - both women - from Lufthansa piloting a Lufthansa cargo plane (Frankfurt, Mumbai, Hong Kong, Novosibirsk and return to Frankfurt); yes, I love travel (how sad is that? Watching videos of planes, and enthusiastically, but, very vicariously, enjoying them..) and love to see splendid, strong, female role models.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Prepared dinner (today, a Japanese style vegetarian curry with rice; yesterday was a variant on the classic Tom Yum - hot and sour - vegetable broth with noodles); washing up done.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Had my second Moderna injection today so now I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whew! I'm glad to have that done and out of the way now. So far only reminder of it is a somewhat uncomfortable left arm in the muscle around the injection site. I hope that'll be all I'll experience this time in the way of reactions/side effects, as opposed to the first dose!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Had my second Moderna injection today so now I am fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Whew! I'm glad to have that done and out of the way now. So far only reminder of it is a somewhat uncomfortable left arm in the muscle around the injection site. I hope that'll be all I'll experience this time in the way of reactions/side effects, as opposed to the first dose!

Great news!

You must feel very relieved (if pretty tired); it has been a very long year.

The very best of luck.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Going to check this out in a couple hours: live stream on Twitter (or FB or YouTube) of LA Times interview and discussion with Viet Thanh Nguyen regarding his new novel "The Committed" - a sequel to "The Sympathizer" which I loved.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did some writing this morning. It’s amazing how for every paragraph I complete I find three more sources to cite. Now I’m sitting on the deck enjoying the sun, the sound of the birds, the breeze, and the smell from my neighbor who is mowing his yard.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Now there is something I have never seen here in March. Hailstones. Wow! That's the stuff of summer t-storms for us.

And that sky is that ominous charcoal colour, one which suggests (if the weather forecast hadn't already confirmed it) further hailstones to come.

And it is cold, and miserable.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Sounds vile out there. Doesn’t look like I’ll be getting much gardening done this weekend.

They are lashing (hard) against the window; and I am debating just how soon I can contemplate my bed and switch on my electric blanket.

Today was so filthy that I didn't even dare to dream of venturing out to buy beer, pay a few bills, and so on.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Tonight I'm going to try to remember to go to bed earlier than usual, having got up earlier than usual... all in aid of hoping to avoid awareness of losing an hour of sleep in one fell swoop at the switch to daylight saving time this weekend.

I love the longer light in evening but... the effect of "spring forward" is pretty much a pain in the brain for awhile in March.

Happy Pi Day on Sunday --for those seeking something to celebrate to offset that lost hour of sleep! The other thing I'm doing today is browsing through Take Control books to see if there are any new ones I might want, and so could take advantage of their annual 31.4%-off sale. Lucky for us they decided to slide the decimal point and not just offer us a discount of 3.14% for Pi Day.

Top Bottom
1 2